PDA

View Full Version : Air conditioning unit in street dripped water on my nose/ mouth

HopeI'mWrong:P
15-06-23, 12:58
Hi. I am currently abroad on holiday. I was walking down the street and some water dripped on to my face, just below my nostril and my mouth. I looked up to see what it was and it was from an air conditioning which was pouring with water.

How bad is this? I'm from a country where people don't really have air con, so I'm not sure. But I do know that faulty/ unclean units can cause legionnaires disease (from breathing in the water, but with where it landed, I guess it's possible that I did). There's also obviously lots of other nasty bacteria that could have been in it. Not sure what to do now. Should I be concerned? (Please be honest if so) Thanks.

Anxiouscow
15-06-23, 13:32
What country are you currently in?

WiredIncorrectly
15-06-23, 13:39
I don't think you should be concerned. We face many germs and bacteria every day thousands of times. A/C drip is usually safe.

The water produced form the air conditioner is purely condensate water like that from a cold glass of ice tea on a hot summer day and is totally safe to use and harvest in a bucket outside of your home to water your plants.

and

Is it safe to use AC water for bathing?

Can AC Water be used for anything at all? Yes, water that drains from the Air Conditioner is free from chlorine, salt, or any chemicals, so it can be used for watering plants, washing windows, cars, and even decorative items.

Hope that helps :)

15-06-23, 13:43
Portugal

15-06-23, 13:46
Thank you! Appreciated and that does help. I'm still a bit concerned as the water was properly pouring from it, so I hope it was regular condensation as described above and not a faulty unit. Guess I can't know that!

Anxiouscow
17-06-23, 02:10
I highly doubt you have anything wrong with you. Your body is stronger than you think.