PDA

View Full Version : Blood test results

louise0501
16-06-23, 19:29
Hi. I know I'm probably over reacting again but I just don't know how to relax and to stop worrying and over thinking. I went to the doctors about my anxiety and she prescribed me propranolol as my blood pressure and heart rate was high. She also said for me to have a blood test so I had my blood test over a week ago on 7th June and she said I should hear in 2 to 3 days if they find anything but I still haven't heard anything and I'm to scared to phone up. Do you think if anything serious was found they would've phoned me by now? I have the NHS app so logged in and saw where it says consultations it says 8 but a couple of weeks ago it was just 1 which was my original consultation. What are all the others? The only other time I went in was for the blood test? I panicked and logged out as was to scared to look. Surely they would phone me if they wanted to talk to me? They wouldn't just put it on the app?

Please help calm me down. I just don't know how to get rid of health anxiety.

Love Louise xxxxxxxxxx

WiredIncorrectly
16-06-23, 19:33
8 consultations sounds excessive even for a serious problem. This sounds more like an error.

Don't panic. You need to go back into the app and see what they say. Are you sure they're not old ones and the system has been updated?

louise0501
16-06-23, 19:37
Well this is the first time I've been to doctors in quite a while unless they would randomly add old ones from quite a while ago. I'm just to scared to go back in and look.

WiredIncorrectly
16-06-23, 19:57
Well this is the first time I've been to doctors in quite a while unless they would randomly add old ones from quite a while ago. I'm just to scared to go back in and look.

I understand. There is nothing to fear. If you have consultations they will be booked whether you look or not. So it's best to take a look, and see if it's an error. Even if they're actual consolations, it doesn't mean there's anything sinister. You may have 3 blood tests booked for the year, and 3 ECG's for the year, for example. I've had this (although it was 2, not 3, they just wanted to make sure. I'm fine).

The doctors do their best to keep you healthy, honestly. If there's anything that needs fixing, be happy that they're doing something to fix it :) In some countries, like the USA, people don't have the privilege of the NHS. So we're quite fortunate.

Don't be worried. Feel safe, and secure, that you're in good hands regardless of what the consolations are :)

serith
23-06-23, 01:43
What health problem are you worried about, though? Doesn't seem like you have any current problem except anxiety. If you haven't heard anything about the blood test, that's good news. Of course they would have called you soon, definitely within the time frame, if it was anything bad.

Your anxiety does sound *really* extreme, though, if you're too afraid to even look at an app because you don't understand some number on it...? As people have said, I'm sure the number 8 was referring to older things, or things being counted separately like, like the blood test counted separately from seeing the doctor.

But what does that have to do with your health? Why would it make you anxious?

I don't want to sound rude, I just want to high-light how extreme your anxiety is right now...