PDA

View Full Version : Tailbone pain

Jb23789
26-06-23, 15:00
Hi everyone
Please can someone relate or give me some much needed advice. For the last three years I have had constant tailbone pain after sitting down. After sitting for a certain period of time I will get up and my tailbone area hurts. It hurts more if I push like I’m trying to pass a bowel movement. If I tense my but like squeeze it in (I think they are my pelvic floor muscles) and press down the pain isn’t bad at all. It’s more when I relax the muscles (push them out) and press down on it then it hurts. It’s not uncomfortable to sit on it but more uncomfortable after sitting when standing. Also the longer I sit the longer the pain takes to wear off once I start walking around if that makes sense. I’ve stressed myself out on google and can’t stop thinking it could be cancer. I have had an X-ray and MRI on my coccyx and sacrum area. Please if anyone can relate to the pain I’m experiencing any advice would really be appreciated. Even to here I’m not alone with this would mean a great deal to me. Thanks for listening.

daisynukes
26-06-23, 18:08
The scans you've had would flag anything untoward, and you've been experiencing this for 3 whole years.

Don't you think that if this was cancer that after 3 years you wouldn't be experiencing sliiiightly more symptoms that a sore tailbone after sitting down?

Have you tried getting a better chair? Looking at your posture? Seeing a physio or someone similar?