PDA

View Full Version : Quad biking dust worried

Cannotstopworrying
27-06-23, 20:45
Got a quad bike experience booked soon but it looks like lots of dust is kicked up from it and they don't provide masks or anything.

Bit worried this is going to cause a health issue right away or in the future? Not sure if this is a genuine concern or my anxiety playing up

WiredIncorrectly
27-06-23, 21:25
Stop worrying, and enjoy it! Rag that thing around like you're a boss. I love motorcross, I used to ride all the time when I was younger. You'll have a helmet on, with a visor and your face will be covered. I used to come back from the fields covered head to toe in mud and dirt.

Enjoy the day! You'll love it.

Cannotstopworrying
27-06-23, 21:28
Stop worrying, and enjoy it! Rag that thing around like you're a boss. I love motorcross, I used to ride all the time when I was younger. You'll have a helmet on, with a visor and your face will be covered. I used to come back from the fields covered head to toe in mud and dirt.

Enjoy the day! You'll love it.

We get a helmet which doesn't have a visor as they give you separate googles.

It is on a gravel type track as well but with it being so dry there is going to be massive dust clouds behind anyone.

Apprentice the words of encouragement but I am concerned about all that going in my lunges. Worry it will be like asepstos and cause cancer further down the line ?

WiredIncorrectly
27-06-23, 22:31
We get a helmet which doesn't have a visor as they give you separate googles.

It is on a gravel type track as well but with it being so dry there is going to be massive dust clouds behind anyone.

Apprentice the words of encouragement but I am concerned about all that going in my lunges. Worry it will be like asepstos and cause cancer further down the line ?

It doesn't matter, the dirt isn't going to cause you any harm. You should be more worried walking down the street breathing in carcinogenic exhaust fumes. Bur you're not :p What I'm saying is there's real hazards and risks around you all the time. And you're fine.

Dust isn't going to cause you any problems on a single outing. If you're that worried, wear a bandana. Or buy a mask. But you really don't need to.

Lencoboy
28-06-23, 00:52
It doesn't matter, the dirt isn't going to cause you any harm. You should be more worried walking down the street breathing in carcinogenic exhaust fumes. Bur you're not :p What I'm saying is there's real hazards and risks around you all the time. And you're fine.

Dust isn't going to cause you any problems on a single outing. If you're that worried, wear a bandana. Or buy a mask. But you really don't need to.

Exactly James. Hazards and risks that are a constant in our daily lives that most people don't usually give as much as a second thought to, and luckily, hardly ever affect them directly.
Otherwise we might just as well all hide away in our own homes forever more in case anything 'untoward' happens!