PDA

View Full Version : Muscle twitching above left knee

Anxiouscow
28-06-23, 01:50
I’ve noticed twitching in my body before, in various parts of my body and my eyes. But this is a lot more persistent. I’ve had it for about 5-7 days now and it’s quite noticeable, especially if I lay flat. When I walk or bend my knee and sit in an upright position the twitch seems to go away. I’ve been doing OK with health anxiety for a number of years now but this is bothering me; it’s making me think I have a number of conditions such as MS and ALS.

I’ve read the sticky’s and the threads on both conditions and what strikes me as consistent is that many people on this forum say that ALS does not start with twitching. However, there are websites that state ALS can begin with muscle twitching and cramping, so I’m desperately not trying to fall down this rabbit hole and scare myself silly.

As a relatively healthy 25 year old male, I know it is doubtful that I have ALS, but I can’t shift the fears.

NGC253
13-08-23, 04:58
Did this go away? I've got constant twitching in my bicep!
Making me so anxious

Hypo84
13-08-23, 08:22
I have twtching in my biceps for 20 months now and it is constant. Also in other body parts.

If you Google enough you will find someone saying that their ALS started with twitching.

I don't know why someone doesn't question this with: "Twitching is very common, ALS is not. Maybe that person was twitching due to stress or whatever, and then got ALS and those two things are not correlated."