PDA

View Full Version : have to start full time work!!!!!!!

peach
27-11-07, 23:17
im freaking out, hubby and i just had massive fight over money, were broke and cant keep up with our bills, so i have to work....full time!!! i can barely get out of the house for a couple of hours let alone go out for 8-9 hours a day, and ive just submitted an application for an old company i used to work at years ago when i didnt have the angst, they are now at a new building- i will be put up in the air on a high floor with the only exit a lift!!!!!!

no escape! i dont know how i will cope, but what else can i do, i dont want to loose my marriage, and we so need money right now, im just terrified of panic attacks, not being able to cope, and getting fired......ugh....this is just awful!

i havent worked full time since i got anx...3 years ago!!!! i currently work half a day a week, and thats hard! i feel sick for half of it!
this type of work is customer service on the phone too!!! how will i cope if im feeling awful and get an angry customer....i cant stop crying over this...i want to be able to work without these issues....

Bill
28-11-07, 02:58
Hello peach,

Have you considered other options such as cutting back on non-essentials or selling what you don't need?

Do you have disability benefits that you could claim like we do here?

Have you looked at alternative jobs?

If you find you have to work, is there financial support you can receive to help you back into working?

Do you have CAB (Citizen Advice Bureau) or such like where you can get financial advice?:hugs:

joannap
28-11-07, 10:36
peach - i really feel for you. i have been self employed for last 4 years earning between £300-£800 a month but i work from home so even when i have felt at my worst i could do it. i also love my work (although it has taken me years and a lot of stress to find my vocation) and my husband - bless him - earns a half decent wage and so supports me financially.

i really know where you are coming from - i did jobs i HATED years ago and doing a job you hate only contributes to anxiety/depression. I find i can do jobs i have a sense of freedom in - for several years i went cleaning private houses and did some dog walking so consider all the options - you could earn as much doing this part time than if you were in an office all day.

can you not get signed off by your doctor and get finanical support - incapacity benefit/help with mortgage/rent etc. no matter how dire your situation - there are always options and i think it is too much of anyone to expect you to go from working 1/2 day a week to 5 days a week! thinking of you. jo x

jo61
28-11-07, 11:20
I agree a reality check is needed here. If you want to work full time eventually, I believe you need to increase your hours very gradually. If you go from half a day to five full days I reckon you would struggle and would end up going sick again. As others have said maybe see what benefits you could get while you're building up your hours.

peach
28-11-07, 13:27
hi,
thanks for all your advice.....were in a sticky situation,....see, my partner earns above the amount allowed to get any benefits, but we owe lots and lots of money- because i havent been able to work last 3 yrs...no morgage we can borrow on, and paying sky high rents....aust is a beautiful country, but insanely expensive in parts....

if i sell my old car, i wont get much for it, and still paying it off, and cant cope with public transport, so without it , im scared ill become totally agrophobic..which is notwhat i want...

i will look into other ways of making money, pref something on a ground foor with doors to the outside or near.....ive worked in awful offices before and hated it, even before i suffered anx..i cant imagine how i will cope now.

my family wont help as this is the way my family is...my partners would, but dont have it to give....ill have to work something out...im sure i will....

bluebottle
28-11-07, 15:17
You can't do the impossible, you need to take it slowly or you'll end up not even being able to face what you do now. Take care.