PDA

View Full Version : Strange feelings after physical exertion

LittleLionMan
29-06-23, 13:19
Hi all,

I just wonder if anyone can relate to this or offer any advice.

If I do any form of exercise, it really bites me in the arse. Immediately after, I’m quite often really floaty and spaced out, and then later on that day or for the next couple of days (if it’s been particularly intense), I have a foggy floaty head, and almost like my body shuts down, which then brings huge increase in anxiety symptoms because I can’t think clearly or function properly. My heart rate drops really low too at times (even when I’m feeling my worst), which makes me thing it’s physical, rather than anxiety. I can’t just take it easy and rest it out for a day either, because my anxiety levels get too high for that, so I have to just keep going until it lifts.

I’m like it today from walking for 25 minutes on a treadmill yesterday evening, I ran around playing football with some kids at a party a couple of weekends ago, and that took days.

I’m 6’ and 12st, so I’m not underweight or overweight, and although I’m not very fit, this feels like far more than just being a bit unfit.
My girlfriend thinks it’s long Covid, as it all started when I had Covid before Christmas, but although the feelings are very similar to how Covid affects me, I think that sounds very unlikely.
I want to exercise to help ease my anxiety, but can’t because it has the opposite effect.