PDA

View Full Version : Time Capsule

Lencoboy
01-07-23, 11:20
While not necessarily specific to the issue of GAD in itself, I posted this thread here as I was doing a fair bit of delving yesterday into the history of this particular sub-section of this forum which of course spans 20 years, and found it really fascinating to see how many users' concerns have either varied or have basically remained more or less constant over the past 2 decades, and one particular thread that was started in spring 2009 referencing an article from the BBC site titled 'UK society increasingly fearful', which I vividly remembered from its original publication on said site back in the day which really resonated with me both then and still now some 14 years later, and in the guiltiest of ways bumped said thread on here yesterday, especially as the basic subject matter of said thread still remains relevant today, give or take that many events have been and gone and much water has passed under the bridge during the time that has since elapsed.

All in all, online forums and of course the WWW as a whole (mainly from about 2000 onwards, but sometimes from even earlier) can essentially serve as a great 'time capsule', especially as an antidote to those who are already donning the rose-tinted specs in response to a lot of the unnerving things that have been happening over the past few years, but can at the same time serve as a kind of reminder of 'twas ever thus' to a certain extent.