PDA

View Full Version : Pulse in ear

Angiee74
02-07-23, 15:15
Hello everyone,
I was just wondering if you guys also heard your heartbeat in your ear when you lay your head against the pillow every time health . I’m freaking out thinking this might a pulsating tinnitus. I can hear it sometimes when I work out as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Angiee74
02-07-23, 15:34
It’s in both ears

Angiee74
02-07-23, 16:56
Anyone ?

Fishmanpa
02-07-23, 18:37
If I purposely focus on it, I can hear it but that's just normal human anatomy. Its like floaters and the everyday visual anomalies we all experience but pay it no mind. It's not the physical anomaly itself as much as the OCD focusing behavior associated with the mental illness aspects that are at play here.

FMP

Angiee74
02-07-23, 18:42
Everything I read online is awful

Angiee74
02-07-23, 18:46
I just want to know if pulsating tinnitus is when you hear it all the time

Sparkling_Fairy
02-07-23, 20:50
I regularly have pulsatile tinnitus. When I’m really stressed.
It’s neck muscle tension making you hear the blood flow in your ear.
My GP thinks nothing of it. I also initially went down the Google rabbit hole, and it’s all bad! But it actually very often has no bad cause. It’s just stress. Don’t worry about it

Angiee74
02-07-23, 21:19
Thank you makes me feel much better !

Havefaithx
02-07-23, 23:07
I had this for months when my anxiety and stress levels were very high. Every night I would go to bed I would have it, in the end it just disappeared

Angiee74
03-07-23, 04:24
Mine has been years

dorabella
08-07-23, 22:28
For goodness sake don't visit Dr Google on this! As everyone says it is just something that happens, especially when you are stressed or anxious and you just become more aware of it.

The ringing or hissing sound is worse in my left ear, but when I lie on the pillow at night I can hear the thumping in both ears. I only really hear it when I'm stressed out.

Angiee74
10-07-23, 07:29
Thank you ! I’ve noticed it for a while like 2-3 years. I never knew it wasn’t normal till someone said something

Carnation
10-07-23, 09:58
I get this from time to time, normally when I'm more anxious. It's harmless although irritating and less likely to be apparent if you stop focusing on it.

Anglo
19-09-23, 21:59
I get this if I lie on my right side but not my left. Weird!

melie1818
20-09-23, 12:05
I get this on one side and not the other too.

Hypo84
20-09-23, 13:20
Many times

ErinKC
23-09-23, 16:28
I think what you’re describing is different from pulsatile tennitis. I hear/feel my heartbeat in my ear sometimes when I lay on that side, which I think is super common. I once had Pulsatile tennitis, which was a constant wooshing sound in one ear while I was sitting up. It didn’t last long, but I still went to an ENT because of the horrible stuff the internet said. He checked me out and said all was good and that it’s almost always totally harmless and caused by a bit more ear pressure or something that just happens to let you hear the blood flowing by.

joelhall
24-09-23, 17:07
Yep, I have it without fail every night and every morning. I can also feel it around my head/neck/chest and abdomen.
It's without doubt the most annoying sensation I think I get.

Fishmanpa
24-09-23, 17:32
I've seen 1000's of posts about this through the years.

The thing is, if we focus on it, we all can hear and feel certain bodily functions and other noises. This also goes for noises around our house and lives we experience on a regular basis. I have tinnitus from all the years of playing music loud at shows etc. In fact, as I type this, I can hear the high pitched ring but it's because I'm focusing on it. I can get up to do something and it's gone because my focus is somewhere else. I have floaters. Most of the time I don't even notice but occasionally I see them more prevalent after looking at something bright or opening my eyes in a dark room and trying to see. I can also hear my pulse in my ear when I lay down.... IF I focus on it. When I lay down to sleep, I can hear the pulse and crickets outside etc. In fact, the other day, I opened all the windows because it was so nice out and I wanted to air out the house. There was an insect/cricket type thing that was causing a constant high pitched whine that I tried to ignore but eventually got to me and i had to close the window. BUT... in general, my mind goes off in other directions. A song or music, other thoughts and themes enter my mind and next thing you know, I'm asleep.

Again, this theme has been posted about 1000's of times here and it's not anything serious in the least. It's the anxiety ridden mind doing what it does best.

FMP

katniss
25-09-23, 03:54
I can hear my heartbeat in my ear when I lay on that side at night. But I think that’s normal. It’s not pulsatile tinnitus. I’ve had the latter happen before too; esp at times of stress and it feels very different. It’s literally your blood racing through your head and you can hear your heartbeat pounding in your ears. It’s reallyyyy uncomfortable. EVEN if you do have pulsatile tinnitus that it can be because of colds allergies or sinus issues

Thorey
26-09-23, 00:46
I hear my heartbeat every time I lay on the side, especially the left side. I'm also a senior med student and can confirm this is completely normal, a LOT of patients talk about it. Thing is, people who hear their pulse in their ears and DON'T have a tendency towards health anxiety sort of tune this sound out, while us worried souls are constantly aware of it.

Hearing your pulse while working out is SUPER normal, that's probably why they play the heartbeat sound in tense movie scenes - to remind the public of the sensation of being in a tense or stressful situation.