PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Terrible on Cipramil

pigspeed
28-11-07, 03:42
I'm feeling awful and am beginning to wish I'd never started taking cipramil. I went down three weeks ago from 30mg to 20mg. For the last few days I have felt extremely anxious, have a terrible taste in my mouth and a splitting headache. I feel really agitated and detached all the time and think I may have withdrawal symptoms. Today I'm in tears. I've been on cipramil for nearly 10 weeks now and have felt worse than I did before - tired and panic attacks worse. My Dr has said give them 3 months. Is there anything I can do to counter act these effects I am getting:weep:

pigspeed
28-11-07, 07:49
Just a little update to my terrible day. I began to have a really acute anxiety attack, my legs were shaking and I was finding it hard to swallow. I had to go home and take a valium. I haven't had an attack like this one since I used to go on benders for days on end 10 years ago. Don't know what's happening but seeing the Dr tomorrow.

nanny
28-11-07, 09:09
I'm glad you are seeing the doctor about this, perhaps it would be better if he changed them. You have been on them 10 weeks, if they were going to help i'm sure they would have done by now!

I was on these meds 9 years, after 2 weeks of heightened anxiety they kicked in and helped me greatly.

Good luck:)

Yvonne
29-11-07, 20:43
After 10 weeks of being on this medication you would know if it was helping and it most certainly isn't. You have to get off it.

You are having withdrawal symptoms definitely. I know exactly how you feel because I quit Duloxetine last week and I have felt bad too. My symptoms have been electric shock type things in the head, bad bad headaches, nausea, very bad panics and today the tears have started - I knew they would - it was just a matter of time.

Anyway Cipramil is not for you so get down that doctors as soon as you can. Don't let him fob you off with stuff like "this is the best med there is" blah blah - it doesn't suit you for sure.

pigspeed
30-11-07, 04:05
My Dr is actually very nice - I'm in Cambodia and she admits she is a little out of her depth with this. She agreed I should stop taking them and perhaps anti depressants weren't for me as I have had such bad reactions to so many. I've now reduced to 15mg and am combining it with HTP5 to alleviate some of the side effects. Have to say feeling much better today now I have spoken to the Dr. Interestingly I had a repeat liver function test yesterday and my liver function is slightly abnormal. They have done an ultrasound and all blood tests and concluded this is being caused by the medication. This would make sense as it has been hurting ever since I started them.

Thanks for your advice. Hope you feel better soon and I'll let you know how I get on.:hugs:

Yvonne
04-12-07, 07:16
Pigspeed

You have put that you have reduced to 15mg of the med and youo are taking "HTP5". Do you mean 5htp Tryptophan? To the best of my knowledge you reallymust not take 5 htp with the med. Look it up on the net - I know it can be dangerous.