PDA

View Full Version : Tetanus scare

ilovebigbirds
22-07-23, 12:01
I dropped a bottle in an outdoor parking lot and when I bent down to pick it up, I felt something sting my finger. I think it was a piece of gravel. Now I am so scared because what if this can give me tetanus?? I don't see any wound, but what if it was a microscopic puncture from this gravel?? I am so scared!

nomorepanic
22-07-23, 19:47
You really can't get tetanus like that and I assume you are up to date with your tetanus jabs?

ilovebigbirds
23-07-23, 07:23
I hope so, I am so so scared of tetanus :( I keep thinking of whether or not the gravel actually punctured me and I didn't see...

My last tetanus shot was 8 years ago when I was in school. Before that, I've had three shots as a baby

.Poppy.
23-07-23, 13:26
If you didn't see blood, you almost certainly weren't punctured and are fine. Over here tetanus is good for 10 years, so if it's the same on your side of the pond you'll be okay. Just be sure to wash it really good (that will cut down the risk of any kind of infection/tetanus) and you'll be perfectly okay.

Fishmanpa
23-07-23, 13:30
Aside what everyone else has said, tetanus is a product found in nature, not on a piece of gravel in a parking lot.

FMP