PDA

View Full Version : Hard lump under earlobe

YoungHeart
24-07-23, 20:53
Hi there,

Been a long time since I was on here. Unfortunately my years of having health anxiety under control have really been tested in the past couple of years after going through some trauma.

Just now I’m having a particularly bad panic about a small, solid (very hard), fixed lump which is tucked right under my left earlobe. The lump itself is very small <1cm but my fear is triggered because it is hard and cannot be moved. The logical part of my brain tells me that it could be bone and if it is something like a lymph node it could be hard and immovable because of the location. It is right in the dip between my mastoid bone and jaw bone. You do have to push a bit in to feel it.

There is a logical side to my brain that tells me because it’s not changed in 3 months and isn’t getting bigger then it’s probably nothing. The logical part of my brain also reminds me that if I hadn’t gone feeling then I wouldn’t even know it was there because it’s so small and doesn’t give me any bother.

I just wondered if anyone else had experience with something similar?

Littlemisswitch
26-07-23, 05:37
Hi there,

Been a long time since I was on here. Unfortunately my years of having health anxiety under control have really been tested in the past couple of years after going through some trauma.

Just now I’m having a particularly bad panic about a small, solid (very hard), fixed lump which is tucked right under my left earlobe. The lump itself is very small <1cm but my fear is triggered because it is hard and cannot be moved. The logical part of my brain tells me that it could be bone and if it is something like a lymph node it could be hard and immovable because of the location. It is right in the dip between my mastoid bone and jaw bone. You do have to push a bit in to feel it.

There is a logical side to my brain that tells me because it’s not changed in 3 months and isn’t getting bigger then it’s probably nothing. The logical part of my brain also reminds me that if I hadn’t gone feeling then I wouldn’t even know it was there because it’s so small and doesn’t give me any bother.

I just wondered if anyone else had experience with something similar?

Hi! I have this too. It's a lymph node. Mine is about 5 mm. I first found it 3 years ago. Under 1cm is completely normal. Mine is also hard and doesn't move! My friend actually has the exact same thing too. Mine likely popped up because I have a lot of ear issues, and just decided to never go away.

YoungHeart
26-07-23, 19:57
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply! Yeah mine is definitely under 1cm I’m sure and hasn’t gotten any bigger. Now I need to get back into the habit of not poking and prodding myself again!