PDA

View Full Version : Buzzing sensation in feet and fingers and cold feet - MS?

PANIC247
25-07-23, 19:15
Hi All - Unfortunately im back again.

Have been pretty much housebound for the last 2-3 weeks with severe anxiety and fear of going outside after experiencing an off balance, walking on boat/trampoline type sensation with random head rushes. Dr wouldn't do an MRI - spoke to 3 drs who seem to think its anxiety ..... very frustrating.

I have in the last 2 weeks been experiencing a vibrating/buzzing sensation in my feet around my toes and in my fingers. My toes and baby fingers are always ice cold no mater how many socks I wear ect. The buzzing sensation is a lot more noticeable when im laying down

Ive gone down the MS spiral and am now unfortunately convinced these symptoms are MS :( I also have random episodes where my left arm will feel really numb/heavy/dead and I need to pinch it to stop the sensation.

I guess im looking for some reassurance if anyone has experienced these symptoms and they turned out to be anxiety?

Carnation
25-07-23, 20:28
Yep. I could fill pages with all the Anxiety symptom I have experienced including what you have mentioned.

PANIC247
25-07-23, 23:59
Yep. I could fill pages with all the Anxiety symptom I have experienced including what you have mentioned.

Thank you for responding Carnation - did you ever have any assessments done to check why this is happening?

Carnation
26-07-23, 09:44
Initially the doctors who referred me to cbt and therapy.
Once I understood what it was and why it was happening it was a situation of waiting for the nervous system to heal, lots of relaxation, sleep, calming the mind, some lifestyle changes and coping skills.
Medication was offered to help too.