PDA

View Full Version : urine foam

epistore
31-07-23, 19:23
I have noticed that when I urinate I have foam in the vase, this foam decreases as time goes by, it is very little after 10 minutes but there is always a little on the edges of the vase that do not disappear, I am afraid of some kidney failure, could someone tell me give any news about this?

epistore
31-07-23, 21:31
Anybody

epistore
01-08-23, 02:55
Help!

ztiger
01-08-23, 14:03
Recently had this with no other symptoms, went to the doctor, initially found I had some protein in urine in the rapid tests (dip which came back within minutes and the same day full data tests), but had no protein found after a 24-hour collection test. My doctor said, and I quote, "some people just have protein in the urine" -- he further said and I quote "it's not anything serious", and I can understand why, everything else about the tests looks very healthy (even my eGFR was on the high end of the healthy range, which is great) -- except for a high fasting glucose (this is normal for me, my A1C is always in the healthy range and this was no different).

You're almost certainly fine, but if in doubt, a visit or two (maybe for the 24-hour test) to the doctor should be able to clear everything up for you.

ElTito
01-08-23, 18:45
I have that also. Do you have any other symptoms?

epistore
01-08-23, 21:41
Recently had this with no other symptoms, went to the doctor, initially found I had some protein in urine in the rapid tests (dip which came back within minutes and the same day full data tests), but had no protein found after a 24-hour collection test. My doctor said, and I quote, "some people just have protein in the urine" -- he further said and I quote "it's not anything serious", and I can understand why, everything else about the tests looks very healthy (even my eGFR was on the high end of the healthy range, which is great) -- except for a high fasting glucose (this is normal for me, my A1C is always in the healthy range and this was no different).

You're almost certainly fine, but if in doubt, a visit or two (maybe for the 24-hour test) to the doctor should be able to clear everything up for you.

thanks and you mentioned fasting blood glucose a little high, mine too, but I did a test taking a glucose solution and after an hour and tested again and it was normal. I was always worried about this fasting blood glucose always close to the limit and sometimes going over the limit.

epistore
01-08-23, 21:42
no other symptoms

ztiger
04-08-23, 22:16
epistore,

Sorry I didn't reply for a while! Hope you're doing OK!

Probably worth a quick trip to see your doctor to run a quick urine test if it'll ease your fears, but remember, this symptom doesn't always mean anything serious -- there are also lots of other posts here on NMP where those of us who are a bit older (I am almost 40) start to have this happen more as we get older. Also, if you get protein on a quick test, remember, the 24-hour test may come up clear.

Happy weekend! :-)

Dobbiedoo
06-08-23, 13:56
I was worried about this exact thing just a few weeks ago - small amounts of foam, some of which didn't disappear. Even posted about it on here From the research I did, I discovered foam caused by kidney disease was very obvious, not the little bits you're describing and I experienced (and still am last time I checked). Also, two thirds of people investigated for foamy urine did not have kidney disease, it's just one of those things. What stopped me worrying was seeing my son had exactly the same thing (doesn't flush at night!). I figured we can't both have kidney disease!

I've now moved on to worrying about something else, but that's health anxiety for you!

Ambierain
06-08-23, 23:40
People describe urine foam as completely unquestionable, like foam on top of a beer. I also remember reading that there will be a struggle to flush it. I think it's safe to say that if you're here wondering whether it could be, then it's probably not. Our healthy anxiety won't have us questioning serious symptoms, we would be straight down to the GP/Hospital there and then.

epistore
08-08-23, 02:23
Thanks all