PDA

View Full Version : My mother just told me...

Kroko
17-02-05, 20:04
...that I'm just using my "so called" panic, anxiety, agoraphobia etc as an excuse so I don't have to get a job.

I can't believe she's telling me this not three months since my sister took her own life...my mother has NEVER been supportive, but this just made me so mad and disappointed...all this time I've wanted to be able to work so I could move away from my mother...

FAN
17-02-05, 20:13
im sure she didnt mean it a lot of people cant understand how we feel as we dont have out ward signs of being ill such as a rash or anything , im sure she was just stressed and will feel awful for having said it

fan x

Kroko
17-02-05, 20:30
I'm certain that she won't feel bad about it, she puts me down all the time...she goes on about how my half brother is decent (he doesn't have any mental ailments that I know of). She has told me a lot of things you'd never want to hear from your own mother. At some point I got sick of it so nowadays I also say bad things to her.

FAN
17-02-05, 20:39
i think we get over sensitive to peoples comments and maybe she didnt mean it the way you took it. try not to get into arguments with her as that will just stress you more it takes more courage to walk away than to argue

fan x

seh1980
17-02-05, 21:18
hi Kroko,

All you can do is try not to let what she says hurt you. She probably doesn't understand what you are going through and doesn't know how to react.

Sarah :D

jude
18-02-05, 18:57
Hiya Kroko,

I have a similar relationship with my mum. She always acts like she doesnt give a damn. I think she does underneath, but just cant show it.
Try not to let what she says upset you. I have lived my life under the shadow of my brothers and sisters (I have six of them to compete with). Eventually It came to the point where I didnt care any more.
Try to think that your mum may have been badly affected by the death of your sister and may be feeling guilty/depressed/scared herself. She may be taking this out on you a little bit. Try not to say bad things back in temper. You may regret doing this later. You dont need to add to the pressure of your illness, so just take it in your stride and try to ignore her.
Take care Kroko,

Jude x