PDA

View Full Version : Kidney Concern

nicole97
03-08-23, 21:34
The last few weeks I have had some pretty back back pain. Kind of lower back, but also shoots to the right flank area. And I'm talking SHOOTING pain. It happens any time i bend and straighten or when I am sitting and just barely move. Standing is fine though. It got so back last night that I ended up in the ER because I could not sit comfortably at all. They did no tests at all and just decided it was lumbar sprain, gave me a pain shot and a muscle relaxer and sent me on my way. Today, so far, it's slightly better, but it's still there and I've been feeling very flush the last several days and just generally tired, which is very unusual for me.

I'm really concerned that it might be a kidney issue just because of where the pain seems to land all of the time. Has anyone had this??

nicole97
04-08-23, 20:22
Anyone? Flank pain is still very present and I seem to have developed a minor cough, but I don't have a cold at all or even feel like one is starting. Keep feeling flush too. Don't think it's fever, just flush.

.Poppy.
04-08-23, 20:59
No, though I've had non specific lower abdominal pain for awhile now that we're still trying to figure out. My doctor says there is a lot going on in that region, and lots of nerves and muscles, which can make it harder to pinpoint.

Would it be worth taking a trip to your regular doctor? They would be more helpful than an ER.

nicole97
05-08-23, 05:19
I did the ER that particular time because I couldn’t even sit without shooting pain. It’s still pretty painful but now I just have a general feeling of unwell with it too so that’s not helping. My blood pressure with really high in the ER, and it is NEVER high, even when I’m in pain. It’s always perfect, so that was concerning to me. My palpitations (I have PVC’s) have been extra crazy this week too. Just a bunch of stuff happening all at once.

.Poppy.
05-08-23, 15:02
I'm sorry. I think the ER was a good call at that time, but unfortunately (at least at mine) they'll just determine you aren't actively dying and then turn you loose. You'll have to follow up with your regular care doctor to get any kind of thorough check. It's probably nothing, or something really minor, but I do think it's worth a check if you can go in. The other stuff you are experiencing may be related or they may be anxiety.

Swanee
08-08-23, 17:55
I had really bad flank pain and felt really unwell - a week or so later I developed a shingles rash where the pain had been. I went to the doctor, he prescribed medication and it cleared up within a week or two. I felt worse before the rash appeared, once the blisters began to crust over I began feeling much better. I'm not diagnosing you with shingles, obviously - I'm just suggesting that you keep an eye on the area and if you see any rash appearing, show your GP or pharmacist. If it is shingles, the sooner you begin medication the better. Take care. Xx