PDA

View Full Version : Fairly big success for me

Anna77
28-11-07, 12:45
Today's my third day in a new job, it's working from home and part time, but I've been on benefits for two years, so is a big step for me.

All the training's done at home too (online and using conference calling), but i was still physically shaking with nerves yesterday when i knew i was going to have to speak :blush:

I know it'd be better if I got a job that forced me to leave the house (I have social anxiety disorder and agoraphobia), but i'd find that impossible at the moment, and at least this is a start :)

xx

shoegal
28-11-07, 12:57
Lorelai,

Well done! That is great news hun!

I don't think you need to force yourself to do a job that is too stressful for you, so please don't feel guilty for working from home just because it seems easier. Lots of people choose to work from home for all sorts of reasons. I think it's brilliant, so well done!

I hope it works out well for you. :flowers:

Love and hugs from shoegal xxx

Anna77
28-11-07, 16:37
Thanks Shoegal :hugs:

x

honeybee3939
28-11-07, 20:11
Hi Lorelai

Thats a great step forward for you hun so WELL DONE !

Makes no difference if you work from home or not:yesyes: im sure the job will help in your recovery as it will give you something to focus on.

Im real pleased for you.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

kittykat
28-11-07, 21:05
Well Done You,

its a big step but you hang in there. This is the 1st wk for me in my new job as well at Greggs and im loving it, its making me feel so much more in control at the moment ( long may it last )!!
Well done again

shirley xx

Anna77
28-11-07, 21:52
Thank you both :hugs:

I just got through another day so feeling pleased with myself at the mo lol.

Kittykat, you're so right about the control thing - hope your job continues to go well too :)

x

erialc
28-11-07, 22:46
Its great news - well done

Claire xx

Jaco45er
29-11-07, 09:06
Well done lorelai :)

Onwards and upwards

Jaco x

trac67
29-11-07, 09:15
Well done Lorelai, thats great news, keep up the good work

Love

Trac xxx

Anna77
29-11-07, 10:50
Thanks Claire, Jaco and Trac - your replies mean a lot to me :)

x

pips
29-11-07, 11:20
Huge BIG http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_30_118.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZCxdm594YYGB)to you Lorelai. I'm so pleased for you.

Take Care,

Love Pip's X X

Nibbles
29-11-07, 20:17
That's great news Lorelai... we're all gonna get big Christmas present from you! :D :yesyes: If you enjoy the job and find it helps then that's the main thing so you go for it.

Take care,

Mike :)

Pink Princess
30-11-07, 02:50
well done xxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.cardisland.com/graphics/products/2287/thumbnail/AX5BG7419.jpg

Southern_Belle
01-12-07, 04:59
Hi Lorelai,

I think this is a huge step for you and it is a great step forward. Take things one step at a time and soon you will be working outside the home if that is what you want. You are facing your fears and that is what is important.

Hugs,

Laura