PDA

View Full Version : Tetanus scare :(

ilovebigbirds
10-08-23, 13:50
Hi again!

I was at my grandmother's house clearing out some old antiques for her when my finger accidentally scraped an old antigue table with metal details that was leaning against a wall. My finger got covered in black-ish dust and an orange color which my mind immediately thought rust but idk. All I know was that my hand was dirty! I instantly ran to the bathroom and washed my hand with soap. Then I inspected it and I couldn't find a cut at first, but now I see the cut. No blood ever came out from the wound though.

I am panicking since I am scared that antiques like that could carry tetanus... It has been 8 yrs since my vaccine and I had 3 shots as a baby.

Maybe I am being ridiculous but I really want someone to confirm if I am being overly paranoid or if this really is dangerous

BlueIris
10-08-23, 14:00
No cut, no bleeding and you're up to date on your vaccine. You're just being paranoid.

ilovebigbirds
10-08-23, 14:09
There is a cut, but no blood came out

Yes, i've been hoping that this is all paranoia :S I've read some Reddit posts scaring me into how you should get shots every 5 years and that literally anything slightly dirty can give you tetanus