PDA

View Full Version : Left bicep twitching non stop - RABBIT HOLE!!!! Please help

NGC253
13-08-23, 04:09
Hi guys,
I feel so silly writing this - I've had years of staying away from the dreaded ALS rabbit hole and now Im BACK!
Yesterday I started getting muscle twitching in my left bicep and it's coming back and it's constant, I mean constant - I even checked it when it felt like it had stopped and I could still see it~
I'm in full panic mode you guys, I've never had it this long before, no weakness though my muscles feel weak, I know part of it is anxiety - I'm freaking out. Has anyone has muscle twitching in the same place that lasts a while????
Please help - losing my mind.
Just for reference my anxiety for the last 3 months has been off the charts, like losing my mind anxiety - I'm not sure why it's so bad, but I've had buzzing feet, trembling body - thinking one of my legs is bigger than the other, I'm on hyper alert watching everything little thing and it's doing my head in
Dr gave me escolitpram? but then I read that it can cause suicdieal thoughts etc and thats the last thing I need right now in the pits of anxiety already so I haven't taken it. But I'm losing my mind again and the rabbit hole is getting deeper. Should I go to to a neurologist and get it ruled out again??

Anyone else had hot spot twitching that didn't seem to go away!

NGC253
13-08-23, 04:50
Anyone?

NGC253
13-08-23, 07:41
Does anyone else get on going muscle twitches

NGC253
13-08-23, 23:17
Guys should I do an EMG? Has anyone had this??

Fishmanpa
14-08-23, 00:55
Read THIS (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?232384-ALS-and-why-you-DON-T-have-it!) as many times as you need to.

FMP

jeezo678
11-03-24, 15:16
More for anyone else trading than the OP(as he's probably gone).
I have had my right bicep twitching now for a month. Every day. Occasionally , I'll have the odd twitch in the left bicep/ butt or back. But constant in the right bicep.It actually wakes me up at night.
For me distraction works when I'm not too anxious and as a result of my either A- not noticing the twitches or B- them actually lessening, I try to convince myself Its stress/anxiety related.
Easier said than done though but my feelings are this- because there is a break in the twitching ( even for half an hour) then surely it can't be bad.
Well, that's me trying to think positively.