PDA

View Full Version : Ultrasound today worried about liver disease, cancer of kidney etc

worriedsoul
18-08-23, 06:11
I have been having mild pain under my right rib and in my back for about 3 weeks. I have been worried about my drinking and cirrhosis. Blood test was normal and the wonderful nhs has fitted me in for an ultrasound literally within a week of seeing my GP. I don’t think the doctor marked it as urgent but I didn’t ask.

I am also worried it’s a tumour in my liver, gallbladder or kidney. I am having a full abdominal ultrasound.

Last time I had an ultrasound years ago the person doing the scan made no comment and I had to wait to see GP. Do you think I can ask at the end it they saw anything? What worry’s me is if they just reply saying they can’t comment and wait to see gp. They are experienced in knowing what they are looking for!

What are the chances of liver disease with normal bloods and non palpable liver?

worriedsoul
19-08-23, 09:48
Update. I asked the sonographer if he could see anything and he said he needs to review the images. I said oh ok and then he said there’s nothing to worry about. Would you be reassured by that?

Sparkling_Fairy
19-08-23, 11:39
Yes, I would. I don’t think they’re allowed to say there’s nothing to worry about, if there was something to worry about!