PDA

View Full Version : Boil help

AlwaysWorried23
25-08-23, 14:39
I frequently develop boils in my under arms, on both sides too. These usually last a few days and go down but can be painful/annoying.

I have a larger one right now that’s pretty painful and it’s right where my bra meets the skin. It came to a head and is oozing pus/blood so I have been cleaning it and covering it with a bandage which also helps it not rub against my bra so it helps with the pain.

However, now I am starting to panic that the infection is going to spread into my blood stream.
My wedding is coming up next week, and I think all of that stress just has my health anxiety going crazy too. I also have a two week vacation right after it. Does anyone else deal with boils/what do you do for them? I am stuck at work and just trying to calm myself down, yesterday I started almost having a panic attack thinking it’s gonna go into my bloodstream and kill me.

I’m so stressed out, I had a breakdown yesterday. My period is late, I’m worried about that I’m worried about the boil, I’m worried about everything! I’m hyper focusing on everything. I keep wondering if the AC in the office is making me cold or if I’m getting a fever from the boil. I have so much to figure out for the wedding, I’m so worried I’ll end up in the hospital or something from the boil. I am just a mess and can’t calm down!

BlueIris
25-08-23, 15:16
I doubt you'll land up in hospital, but if you see a doctor they can give you an antibiotic.

sel123
25-08-23, 15:49
Hi there! Just wanted to say you’ll be ok but the best thing to do is to call your doctor and get on antibiotics. I had three of these last year - two on my breast and one on my underarm - and they took a while to clear up so best to get something sooner than later!

Congrats on your wedding!