PDA

View Full Version : Miscarriage causing HA relapse?

Limeslime
25-08-23, 18:36
Ok, so this question might seem weird and pretty specific, but I wondered if anyone might know of a potential link.
I had a miscarriage last week, and since then, rather than grieve, I’ve found that my HA has ramped up to almost unmanageable levels.
I’m finding new things on my body to worry about and my distraction techniques just aren’t working.
All I can focus on is these new symptoms and I’ve not been able to take any time to mourn my miscarriage.
Does anyone know if there is some psychological reason for this? Or perhaps hormones are to blame?
I’d love to think this is temporary…..

ErinKC
25-08-23, 20:21
I'm so sorry that you had a miscarriage, Lime! I am no expert, but it seems extraordinarily likely that the hormone shifts along with emotional response would lead to an increase in anxiety. Your hormone levels just went haywire. My hormones have a very big effect on my anxiety. I'm sure this is temporary. I also feel like my anxiety ramps up during emotionally draining times because I just have less mental resources to deal with things. My husband, who never had anxiety, experienced it during and after losing his dad. If you've ever read the spoon analogy, you just have fewer spoons right now. Give yourself some time and space to process everything and I'm sure you'll be feeling better soon.