PDA

View Full Version : Scared I have kidney disease

yummyestomach
26-08-23, 20:11
The title pretty much says it all. I believe I have kidney disease because of probable diabetes/side pain.

I haven’t been told I have diabetes but I haven’t had the best diet for years. I have taken at home a1c tests that have come out to an average of 5.4 and 5.5 which is not diabetes and I took about 10 of them, which I assumed made the numbers accurate.

The pain I have I Can best describe it almost like when you stretch and the muscle is sore? It’s mainly in my flank and back on both sides. The pain is the never constant, only when I bend over or twist in a certain way. I’ve had this pain I want to say for 3 years now. I’ve assumed it was gas because I think I have ibs since sometimes it feels better after passing gas but it goes back to the same feeling after awhile. It’s on both left and right sides in about the same area. I also feel a pressure that goes back and forth when i bend over.

Urine color is fine I assume but I don’t know how that can relate to kidney disease. It’s usually light yellow or regular yellow. I have no experienced dark or orange urine.

.Poppy.
27-08-23, 03:50
I’m not sure how you have “probable diabetes” when no one has diagnosed you and you have normal blood tests?

Do you get an annual physical? I think kidney disease is usually picked up on a blood test, but your doctor could confirm.

I think trapped wind or just general muscular pain are the most likely explanations for your symptoms, especially as it’s been 3+ years and you are still fine. But if course if you are concerned, see your doctor.