PDA

View Full Version : Problem getting blood drawn

Brian_VA
31-08-23, 15:54
Took my daughter to get blood drawn for some lab work. They had a difficult time find a vein. They eventually found one but then unable to get enough blood drawn. Was told she needs to come back another day and drink plenty of water before arriving. Anyone had this happen?

spectrum123
31-08-23, 18:14
Took my daughter to get blood drawn for some lab work. They had a difficult time find a vein. They eventually found one but then unable to get enough blood drawn. Was told she needs to come back another day and drink plenty of water before arriving. Anyone had this happen?

Yep, my other half has that problem. She hates having blood done, so her body reacts by making it difficult to take and get blood.
I see you're in the US so may be different there. She goes to the local hospital blood clinic. That's basically all the nurses do all day, they have the best techniques and have dealt with it all before. Your local clinic/doctors, they take blood as one of the many 'jobs'.

nomorepanic
31-08-23, 19:34
Yes its normal and you do need to be hydrated to get blood drawn.

nomorepanic
31-08-23, 19:35
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239