PDA

View Full Version : Back feels weak, can hardly walk, terrified of falling

chinadoll19
05-09-23, 20:35
I've not been on this site for many months now. I have been feeling so much better. My last post was severe breathing problems. Still not had further tests, I am on inhaler and hardly ever feel out of breath, so am not worried about that anymore. I may or may not have a lung condition but feel well in that area. However these last few weeks I have a worsening problem and am in a total panic all the time.

I do have a lower back problem from lifting heavy furniture etc in a house move over 20 years ago. It flares up from time to time but nothing I can't handle, but these last few weeks my back is getting worse and worse, the thing is it isn't pain, but a severe feeling of weakness like it's going to give way and I shall fall down. Also now it has got to feel extremely tight and stiff, I can't walk properly and it jolts when I stand. It even feels weird when I am sitting. I dread standing up and have to walk just across the room. I am aware I am holding myself more and more tense and particularly my back. This I am sure is making it worse but I can't and daren't 'let go' in case I fall.

I had to lift some heavy things a few weeks ago on account of some workmen coming. This did start after that but not bad like it is now. I keep thinking its things like Parkinsons. I do keep shaking but that could well be nerves of course. I think I'm making it all worse with terrible tension and fear. Would anyone agree with that.

I can't get it off my mind and do any job with anxiety and tension. When I do finally relax a little it tingles terribly. I felt so bad today I made a doctors appointment but can't get one for 2 weeks. The worse feeling is the weakness and fear of falling.

Any thoughts or advice please.