PDA

View Full Version : Armpit Pain, Chest Pain, Swollen Salivary Gland, could it all just be Health Anxiety?

GhostofNY
07-09-23, 12:02
Could it all be in my head? Because my head immediately goes to Cancer.

I’ve had an enlarged tendon in my jaw of my neck as well as an enlarged salivary gland that the ENT is not concerned about after receiving a CT scan. In fact they wanted another scan in 3 months but my insurance won’t cover it until the lump becomes “hard and unloveable” which to me….at that point it’s too late no?

Anyway this has been going on for 6 months and now new pains are happening. Armpit pain on the same side of my body as the lymph node on the jaw. It hurts so much when I go to touch it I EXPECT to find a swollen lymph node that is just not present. Chest pain, even though my heart has a zero calcification or blockage (had that checked out after my dad has triple bypass surgery)

So went to the doctor yesterday, they are doing blood tests, because I’m a new patient there they do a HIV test for free for (everyone!) yet now I’m scared maybe I have that and that’s what’s causing these problems. I’m petrified my blood test results are going to show something wrong.

All I do know, if I eventually rule everything out (especially my bump on my jaw) I’m going to find myself a therapist for my Health Anxiety, it’s not only driving me crazy but it’s now driving my wife crazy.

melie1818
13-09-23, 09:42
Just remember that you’ve been checked and they had no concerns. Even if you do have a node that’s hard and can’t be moved (it did make me smile when I saw you had put unloveable) it doesn’t mean it’s sinister. I have a large one in my neck that has been checked out and nothing to worry about.

Also even if you have HIV which is unlikely it’s treatable but I’m sure it will be fine.

Why don’t you try and look into finding a therapist now?