PDA

View Full Version : Physical symptoms of anxiety

Woody72
10-09-23, 11:21
I'm new to real anxiety and panic attacks.
I've always had the odd spell of anxiety and can easily feel nervous in situations but probably pretty much like many people.
The last 3 months though i've had proper panic attacks, adrenaline surges,nervousness, health worries on and off.
I seemed to be coming out of the woods and then two weeks ago i suddenly started feeling extremely fatigued and constantly nervous and on edge.
I wake up with palpitations some mornings. I get up and feel ok for an hour maybe and then i need to lay down again.
My nervousness is almost constant.I don't feel scared or worried in my head but more so in my body.
My heart rate is fine but it feels like its so strong. Sometimes i get a spell of really bad nervousness and nausea.
Had some tests and the DR says its 100% anxiety. But propanalol isn't helping at all ,even with the adrenaline type feeling.
Has anyone else ever experienced such fatigue and nervousness for such a long period.
Its just not anxiety i can talk myself out of or just chill out from. Its just so constant.

YoullNeverWalkAlone
10-09-23, 13:32
Hi woody....
The answer to you question is definitely YES....prolonged anxiety causes muscle fatigue and mental fatigue, even when your feeling your coming out of the woods, your body is still very sensitised, so the smallest of things can trigger it back again...
i can wake in the morning Usually between 5.30 and 6 and I feel very nervous, tingling and heart thumping but yet I went to bed feeling tired but relatively ok...think that as something to do with cortisol, don’t know a lot about that, so maybe someone else could explain it better...,
You have to plod on through the tiredness, don’t stop doing things you enjoy or want to do, but rest in between, don’t add the what if’s and OMG...as your just adding more tension to an already tense mind and body....
You body and mind now need time to heal and that won’t happen overnight so don’t get despondent when recovery doesn’t seem to be coming quick enough....
Youve had a dr check you and he’s said it’s 100% anxiety, so now you have to concentrate on not fuelling that anxiety, you’ll get good days and bad, focus on the good rather than the bad and just carry on....
i know and so do many other on here know exactly how you feel...xx

Woody72
10-09-23, 15:37
Thanks for the reply.
I have had some health worries and illness that shook me up. I started feeling better and felt like they were things that would heal in time and they have.
But out of nowhere my anxiety came back worse than ever. I had a few bad panic attacks.I suddenly became so fatigued and started to think maybe I'm more ill than the Dr said. I couldn't walk a mile without it making me feel shaky.
I am sure it's anxiety and that's some comfort but at times I'm just sat on the sofa trying to ride out a feeling of dread, muscle tension and extreme fatigue that can last for hours.
As I said it's been two weeks and I'm finding it exhausting .
The doctor wants me to take more propranalol which I'm sure makes me more tired and have talking therapy which takes weeks to get on the course.
My partner is starting to get fed up of me. She thinks it's all in my head I'm sure. She thinks I can just say to myself it's anxiety and it will stop. And I have been a strain on her mental health tbh.
But it comes on out of nowhere and there doesn't seem a way to control it because it's more physical discomfort than bad thoughts.

Woody72
13-09-23, 11:37
Had a couple of decent days Although as usual had a bit of anxiety at night.
But this morning I woke up really nervous.
It's going on for three weeks now.
I'm wondering how long these sort of thing usually last.
The stressfull situations were quite a while ago. I'm trying to get on with life but I just feel anxious so often.
I know it sounds like I'm worried but I realise what it is and don't fully understand why I still feel this way or how long these things take to heal.
I just thought get rid of the reason for stress and it would go.