PDA

View Full Version : Tinnitus

julia
14-09-23, 09:39
I have had tinnitus for years in both ears never really worried, however over last few days I have had a high pitched sound only in left ear pitch goes up and down,I googled now I'm scared, in pieces why did I do it I know google is not my friend

Carnation
14-09-23, 11:12
I had a high pitched ringing in one ear, it went away of its own accord. Try not to Google. :winks:

Darksky
14-09-23, 12:30
I have tinnitus too. It changes it’s patterns, sometimes its high pitched, sometimes its a popping sound. You may well find this particular sound disappears. If it bothers you at night, stick a fan on to muffle it.

Yes I won’t mention Google because you know. It’s like a quick sand. Pulls you further and further in.

Sparkling_Fairy
14-09-23, 15:56
I’ve had really bad tinnitus in both ears for months now. Often also pulsatile. I hate it so much!
My GP felt my jaw for 2 seconds and knew that’s where it was coming from. Waaaaaaay too much tension in my jaw.
He told me to put Voltarol on my jaw for a few weeks and it has helped IMMENSELY! I still wake up in the middle of the night often with tinnitus ‘cause I jaw clench when I sleep. But my tinnitus during the day is gone.
See how your jaw feels. And maybe try some Voltarol on it.

julia
14-09-23, 22:09
What worries me is now its worse in one ear, Google says it could be ms, having it in both ears seem to be ok

Sparkling_Fairy
14-09-23, 22:59
Stay off Google. Honestly it won’t help you.
I only had it in one ear for 3 years

ckelley116
15-09-23, 19:39
My husband was a rock drummer for more than 30 years. His tinnitus is definitely occupation-induced (dude thought he was Tommy Lee and too cool for earplugs) BUT he only has it on one side.

Anglo
19-09-23, 21:57
I’ve had tinnitus for as long as I can remember.

Do you ever get that thing where a ringing in one or both ears suddenly creeps in then fades out again maybe a minute later? I’ve been having that more and more and I don’t dare Google it as, as you reminded yourself, it’ll only scare me further.