PDA

View Full Version : Blood Test and Lab Work Came back, they want me to come into the office for results

GhostofNY
21-09-23, 21:39
At first glance at the title, nothing out of the ordinary.

However they use to list the blood tests and lab work results on the portal. This time however they won’t post the results of the lab work on the portal until I come into the office next Tuesday.

My mind immediately thinks there is something wrong. Why do they need to see me in person? Just to get a copay?

If it was something truly terrible they wouldn’t make me wait until Tuesday right? They would tell me immediately?

Catkins
22-09-23, 09:21
Do they charge for you coming into the office to get the results? I might be cynical but it might be all about making a little bit more money?

GhostofNY
22-09-23, 14:25
Do they charge for you coming into the office to get the results? I might be cynical but it might be all about making a little bit more money?

Yes they will but they have a history of just posting the results on the portal before hand. So that’s why I’m nervous, why the sudden change to make me go in person.

I do have a lump under my chin which of course I’m scared is cancer. They tested for HIV even though I tested negative before I met my now wife 4 years ago. I’m not sure what else they can find out on a blood test that can lead to something bad.

ErinKC
23-09-23, 15:43
There are a lot of extra layers of confidentiality rules with HIV tests. It might simply be that they can’t post those results online (even when negative) because of certain rules.