PDA

View Full Version : Twitching AFTER anxiety?

ErinKC
23-09-23, 15:59
I hate to start yet another thread about twitching. But I’m at my wits end! My eye and lip and nose and cheek have been twitching the last few days. It’s not the first time this has happened, but it’s been a while and man it’s driving me nuts. What’s extra annoying is that I’m really not anxious at the moment. I’ve been eating great, exercising, and this last semester of law school is sooo chill. I did have some anxiety a few weeks ago about a blood test, but I’m truly past that. The twitching didn’t start until this week though. Anyone have this happen? Like residual stress or something?

Alternatively, I have been wearing a mask more often so maybe just jaw tension? What works for people because I’m losing it.

Kitkat99
23-09-23, 22:37
I feel like everyone gets random twitching once in a while that isn’t related to stress and it’s just random. Bodies do weird things. Although I will say I clench my jaw causing tension and have had facial twitching before, or it feels like it’s twitching and it’s not. It could just be a trapped nerve or something similar.

Carnation
24-09-23, 09:14
I've had bouts like that Erin.
Like you it puzzled me when it happened I wasn't particularly going through an anxious period and my life was progressing in the right direction.
And there it would come. The twitchy eye, the vibrating foot, little body jerks, adrenalin rushes in the legs, achy muscles. And I'd think, "eh? What's all that about?"
So I just go with it, (not much else you can do). I up my self care and meditation. Relax a bit more than usual, exercise a bit more than usual. Eat a bit more than usual, because adrenalin kicks the energy levels.
I might have a few more earlier nights. I read more. And I cut down on my going out. Not that I go out massively to begin with, but I look at what is necessary and imperative.
The symptoms can disappear in a few days / few weeks, sometimes longer but the important thing is to not wish them away.

Goodmorningellie
02-10-23, 03:03
Try magnesium oil, epsom salt baths or magnesium flakes. Alternately (or in combination) take magnesium supplements. This as a last resort because it will give you diarrhea. We are all deficient on magnesium. Sometimes just a few electrolyte drinks will do the trick.
I haven't been taking care of myself and I have this going on too. It's driving me nuts :/

Hypo84
02-10-23, 06:42
Magnesium supplement didn't help my twitching, but did cause diarthea so that is something that can be expected for sure.

Blonde123
02-10-23, 07:48
Maybe it’s adrenaline being realeased or a lack of minerals in the body. Try drinking tonic waters