PDA

View Full Version : Panicking About Nail Melanoma

LouiseC1896
26-09-23, 20:57
I’m in freak out mode at the moment. Just removed nail polish from my toenails and I have a big bruise under the nail of my big toe. I have always been paranoid about my nails and constantly worrying about every little mark on them. Now I finally have a big mark under the nail. At first I thought it was a mark from the nail polish but it isn’t. It doesn’t come up form the cuticle and isn’t a line, but does that matter? It’s coming more from the bottom side. I don’t remember hurting myself either. It’s most likely been there a week.

Someone please tell me I’m freaking out over nothing!

Hypo84
26-09-23, 21:01
A very common one.

You will see this thing growing with your nail.

Mamudafad
27-11-23, 19:50
Sometimes those marks can be from minor traumas we might not even recall. But I totally get wanting to be sure. First off, kudos for being vigilant about your health! It's a good thing. Now, the thing with nail marks is they can stem from various sources. The fact that it's not a line or from the cuticle might be reassuring—it's likely not what you fear. However, keeping an eye on it is key. If it changes in color, shape, or causes discomfort, it's worth getting it checked just for peace of mind. And hey, while we're on the topic, have you considered natural remedies for nail health? Things like tea tree oil or herbal solutions can work wonders without harsh chemicals. Speaking of which, there's a cool toenail fungus (https://www.celsiusherbs.com/products/toenail-fungus-damaged-restorative-solution) restorative solution out there that some folks swear by. Sometimes it's nice to explore natural options!