PDA

View Full Version : Worried about sepsis.

Deepseathree
26-09-23, 23:28
I’m in a downward spiral and can’t escape the worry about sepsis. I have not many reasons to believe I would have it. My only reason is that I have a cut on my lip and I fear that bacteria has gotten into the cut and has caused an infection.

I’ve got a headache and diarrhea. Also I had a routine blood test the other day and my white blood cell count was high. But I wasn’t having all these symptoms at the time.

Kitkat99
27-09-23, 22:58
Just sounds like you are fighting a virus which would explain the blood count too.

Deepseathree
28-09-23, 08:41
Well this has only gotten worse and changed its course. The blood test I had didn’t look at liver, pancreas, or gallbladder though.

Since Monday I’ve had constant yellow diarrhea. Every now and then it may be just loose stools, but for the most part it’s diarrhea. This has been accompanied by an upper right quadrant pain that kind of radiates to the back. The pain started before the other symptoms. Probably by a few days. It’s constant, and the pain comes in waves I guess. As of this evening, I’m starting to also get the feeling of nausea and the need to vomit. I haven’t yet though. I have a general feeling of just being unwell as well. Fatigued and kind of achey.

I haven’t noticed that something makes the pain worse or better. Maybe after eating and laying down. I’m not having any problems with acid reflux. My appetite has kind of faltered I guess. I’m still hungry, but don’t feel like eating. I still eat though.

AnxietySufferer
04-10-23, 07:18
How are you feeling now? Sounds very much like a virus there’s a lot going around at the moment

Fishmanpa
04-10-23, 13:16
Sounds very much like a virus there’s a lot going around at the moment

Yep... Apparently that's what's gotten to me the last few weeks. Still not 100%. I spoke to my daughter the other day and she's going through it too.

FMP

Hypo84
04-10-23, 15:14
It's a virus. Your lip cut doesn't have anything to do with it really. If any cut was progressively becoming worse I would check it out but usually they resolve on their own in a couple of days. Since this was posted on 26th initially, I assume you've realized that you don't have sepsis and stomach issues have probably improved.