PDA

View Full Version : My anxiety

jay28
28-11-07, 22:47
Hi everyone

Only found my anxiety a problem for the last three months, i have always been a worrier and think i have suffered with some degree of anxiety alot longer than this.

When i first saw my doctor with my problem he was asking me questions to try and find out what suddenly triggered the way i was feeling, which there was nothing in particular that stood out to me which i could not say it was this or it was that.

The type i suffer with is health anxiety. Just over 18 months ago my nan passed away, she was taken ill and in hospital for just over a week, all the family took it in turns to visit, my nan was very ill but throughout the week showed signs of improving, sadly my nan passed away and myself and my brother was at her bedside visiting as it happened. This is the first time i have ever lost anyone close to me, with my mom being the youngest in her family i was always very close to my nan she would always be at my house when i was younger and go on family holidays with us, she was like a second mom to me.

The reason i wanted to share this was, i know i have only recently found my anxiety a problem, but could it have been triggered due to this.

debera
29-11-07, 00:11
hi jason
yes your nans death could have triggered your health anxiety. the death of my mother almost two years ago triggerd mine.now i worry about all kinds of illness. the best thing to do is try to distract yourself and try to keep very busy. its hard i know but it does work. the more you think about your anxiety the worse it gets. i hope this helps some
debera