PDA

View Full Version : Why, oh why does OAB haunt me? Every time I've been overwrought (anxiety wise) OAB

vatatea
28-09-23, 23:47
sneaks up and adds to my misery.

I've beat it back twice before and thought I was done with it but now - after a miserable summer of worry over long IBS flare...right at the END of it when I followed every freaking word of the very specific Anti Inflammatory Diet (So strict....no sugar, no wheat, no alcohol ((that hurt as its my "go to" support for life long GAD.) I started getting a few tell tale symptoms re: frequency and urgency. I say I "beat it back" as I know the source of most of my miseries in life have been brought on by my long case of GAD first spotted in kindergarten decades ago.

No need for pharmaceuticals for this, etc. the problem is right in my head and my many attempts to sabatauge myself.
I can't recall exactly what I did to conquer this OAB/health anxiety problem as the last episode I had was over 10 years ago but I recall it involved tai chi, outdoor exercise, positive thinking (hard for me!!) and the TENS unit.

Whew! Anyone else know your problem is all in your own head and try to figure out how to conquer it yourself?

Thanks.