PDA

View Full Version : constant anxiety about tapeworms/parasites

wasdhu
01-10-23, 22:38
The past two weeks I've been constantly worrying about having tapeworms or those parasites you can get from eating pork. It was triggered by stupid instagram videos and I haven't been able to get these images out of my head. It's gotten particularly strong the past few days where I haven't even been able to sleep from anxiety which then makes the anxiety worse. I don't have symptoms of anything unusual, but my anxiety is making me freak out over any bodily sensation. And I keep wanting to google symptoms because not knowing what to look out for is just making me freak out over everything. I know either way I'll be anxious.

It's an embarassing one so I don't feel like I can talk to my family about it. I just need to tell someone about this.

Fishmanpa
01-10-23, 22:45
Kind of ironic that this came up when it was mentioned in another thread earlier today :whistles: Goes to show you what the dragon will do to get attention.

The positive here is that you recognize the absurdity of your fear despite the dragon whispering in your ear ;)

FMP