PDA

View Full Version : Hygene question, cannot stop ruminating!

Lana
04-10-23, 17:53
Hello, all, I saw a gynecologist today, and when he pulled plastic gloves from the box, realized that there were just two left. Holding the gloves in his hand, he opened the door, and called his assistant to tell her to bring a new box. He than came to me, and then put the gloves on, which he held in his hand. But , now I am worried that the gloves were somehow compromised because he touched the door knob. I presume he opened the door with one hand while holding a pair of gloves in the other, and I did see him put the gloves on just before he examined me, but was there even a remote possibility that this pair of plastic gloves was somehow compromised? I know most women would probably not even notice this, and I am trying to stop thinking about this, but I do not know how. It is torturous. Please share your opinion. The clinic is very respectable, and he is experienced gynecologist, and a professor at a university here, but nothing helps me.

Lana
04-10-23, 19:53
Please guys, anyone? Would any of you ladies out there be worried about something like that?

nomorepanic
04-10-23, 21:41
Please guys, anyone? Would any of you ladies out there be worried about something like that?

Nope not in the slightest

Lana
04-10-23, 22:34
Oh my God Nicola, such a huge relief! Thank you soooo much , you really helped me! 💕

nomorepanic
05-10-23, 19:45
No worries - you are fine trust me

Swanee
05-10-23, 22:14
I agree - nothing to worry about, you'll be absolutely fine. Promise.

Lana
07-10-23, 00:23
Guys, again: thank you very much! This really helps me get back into ( sort of) normal reasoning.

ErinKC
16-10-23, 16:04
Doctors wear gloves primarily to protect themselves - not you. They are much more at risk touching your bodily fluids than you are being touched by a normal hand. Not to be crass, but think about how non-hygenic sexual activity is compared to a gyn appointment. Out bodies are designed to handle an enormous amount of non-sterile contacts.

Lana
16-10-23, 16:43
ErinKC,

You are absolutely right, and thank you. I know, this was a classic out-of-control-OCD question ( and stupid to boot).