PDA

View Full Version : Please help

Johnm
06-10-23, 00:24
Hi all,

This is a shortened version of my welcome speech but i really need some help/advice, i feel like I'm losing my marbles.

having pretty big issues with what I think is anxiety. I think it has come from drinking far too much recently but I dont know what to do or where to go.

I had a weekend on the booze leading into a week off. My cousin was on taxi duty and he ended up testing positive for covid the day after. I woke up the next day obviously feeling rough. I felt confused, anxious, cold, hot, couldnt sleep and when i woke up in middle of night went into panic mode thinking i would be awake all night, this was for 2 days/nights. Tested for covid, negative both times but feelings still there

Yesterday evening i started feeling ok, same this morning but then i ate, felt slightly off and fell back into a spiral of thinking I'm ill and back into panic mode.

I'm pretty certain its all in my head, my wife says just dont think about it but it just doesn't seem that simple, i just feel like scratching my skin off

Im at a loss, already worrying about sleeping tonight and sitting their stressed tomorrow. Some time off work this has been.

Mainly I'm worried this will never get better

BlueIris
06-10-23, 04:18
I know it's tough, but don't stress. Either you're ill or you're not. If you do have covid, it'll be obvious soon enough; if not, you can deal with the anxiety.

For what it's worth, there's a thread on here that details me having what I thought was an epic panic attack and then gradually realising it was gastroenteritis. :huh:

Oh, and I probably don't need to tell you this, but maybe consider cutting down on the booze?

fishman65
07-10-23, 17:45
I agree totally about the alcohol. Anxiety is exacerbated by alcohol, it hinders problem solving and wastes your money. I've been there.

Johnm
07-10-23, 21:03
Thanks guys, trying to cut right down/kick it. Just wish I knew what to do when the hot flushes, sickness and shallow breathing kicks in