PDA

View Full Version : A weird scenario but i need some advice. Possible bat bite

Fear7888
08-10-23, 01:26
A weird scenario but i have to share sorry, possible bat bite.

A weird scenario but need some advice . Possible bat
Hi guys, i am from USA and 19 years old and i feel a little ashamed posting this but i want to have an advice. Thank you here i go.

So yesterday my stomach started to hurt very badly and i decided to use the bathroom. While i was using the bathroom i felt something on the muscle of my butt sorry again, i looked around could not find what it was and i was just confused, i looked it was a little red on that spot but i could not find anything else other than some pimples that looked red or they were maybe bites and i have some bruises on that spot that look like bites and it hurts. We also had construction going on changing pipes and stuff so maybe it got in this way????

So my mind went straight to bats because well rabies and bats you know the story. Now i think while i was sitting down, it came and bit me there and i did not see it maybe there was an opening in the toilet and it came from there, is that even possible?? I could not find anything.

Is this something to worry about or it was just a muscle spasm or something totally unrelated to a bat??? Sorry again for this weird scenario, i just have to talk to someone i am really worried. Thank you

Lana
08-10-23, 02:08
This is really outlandish - and I am saying this with the best intention, to break your fear. I know, because I often come up with the most outlandish, most ridiculous scenarios one can imagine. And they keep on haunting me, it is horrible, I know the feeling. So you do not have to feel ashamed, OCD is torturous. Only us who suffer from it can fully understand it.

That being said, chances that it was a bat are astronomical, if any at all.

Was it your bathroom, I mean in your house? Even if it was not, i think you got it right when you said " a muscle spasm", that is probably what it was. People so rarely get bitten being in the woods, in the night, literally, where bats live and fly - let alone in bathrooms Just think rationally. It was not a bat.

Fear7888
08-10-23, 02:25
Thank you for responding, yes this is really hard, constant fighting to keep myself in control and the fear too. Yes this was in my house, in my personal bathroom so yeah, idk a lot of people say you would have seen it or it could not be there, no way. We also recently had construction going on changing pipes and stuff so maybe it got in that way??? Idk anymore, but thanks for the answer.

BlueIris
08-10-23, 04:49
Okay, I can help here. This has happened to me here in the UK, where rabies isn't a thing.

Sometimes you can burst a blood vessel in that area, it feels like you've been bitten and the area goes reddish. This has happened to me at least twice, and I was scared I'd been bitten by something nasty, but I hadn't.

As Lana says, you're going to be fine.

Fear7888
08-10-23, 04:56
Thank you for this answer, maybe thats what happened, but even if it was not that, it was not a bat right, i am going to far with this right??

Flapj
08-10-23, 05:59
There are no toilet bats.

Lana
08-10-23, 13:27
Flapj is right, there are not! It was not a bat.

Fear7888
08-10-23, 18:38
That might have happened, you are right, I have a bruise looking thing there too, i do not know for certain if it that area that i felt the pulling sensation but idk. This one really scares me because i felt something, yes i know where i felt it just does not happen like this but what if there was a bat in the toilet bowl and it bit me.
One more question, do you know do bats swim or do they like water, can they dive and stuff or they just don't do that.

Fear7888
08-10-23, 18:39
I know and I understand this is stupid but upon finding this bruised mark, my mind cant go to relaxed mode, I feel like this time this is really serious. Thank you

Fishmanpa
08-10-23, 19:17
I know and I understand this is stupid but upon finding this bruised mark, my mind cant go to relaxed mode, I feel like this time this is really serious. Thank you

Forgive my candor. This is about reality vs. the dragon (anxiety). If you cannot rationalize how ridiculous this is then no amount of reassurance will help you. I suggest you seek real life professional help to assist you in fighting the dragon.

Positive thoughts

FMP

Fear7888
09-10-23, 03:14
Thank you for your answer. I know that this dragon is controlling my life and is trying to cling on something but it is damn hard to fight back. By the way, our neighbors called today, their pipes run through ours too and they told us our toilet is clogged lol, now boom another anxiety wave, what if it is a bat that clogged the pipes and now water is not going out. Constant circle

Keith
09-10-23, 10:01
I'm sure if a bat did bite you, you would feel more than just something on your backside's muscle. You would feel the bat's wings and fur as well. Did you hear any water splashing about? My next-door neighbour has bats living in their loft, and I've watched bats fly around a lot. They aren't the best flyers in the world; they are extremely panicky. If there was a bat in your toilet, I'm sure it would have done more to make you aware it was there.

.Poppy.
09-10-23, 14:39
My parents have a little guest house that is very old and occasionally wildlife gets in (mainly snakes and bugs). I've seen a frog in the toilet out there once! But of course a frog is much more likely to hang around in a toilet than a bat, and even though it was tiny it was absolutely noticeable (lucky for the frog I noticed him before I used the toilet, lol).

Bats actually can swim, in large ponds or lakes, but they don't make a habit of floating around in water and Keith is right - if there had been one in your toilet you absolutely would have noticed. If not before you went, certainly after, since it's not like they would just vanish into thin air or swim down the pipes.

Fear7888
09-10-23, 15:07
You are right, the only thing i felt was like my skin was being pulled or just getting stuck in between something, that kind of feeling, the thing is that there was toilet paper in the water, could it have hidden under the toilet paper or this is another absurd thing i am thinking. No there was no water splash as far as I remember, i would have panicked if there was. Thanks

Fishmanpa
09-10-23, 15:47
You are right, the only thing i felt was like my skin was being pulled or just getting stuck in between something, that kind of feeling, the thing is that there was toilet paper in the water, could it have hidden under the toilet paper or this is another absurd thing i am thinking. No there was no water splash as far as I remember, i would have panicked if there was. Thanks

Respectfully, having seen pages of threads/posts like this in my time on the forum, 'absurd' is an understatement. It's apparent that logic and reality are lost on you at this time due to your anxiety. Reassurance is useless as illustrated by your replies. I would seek real life professional help to help you deal with and overcome the irrationality of your thoughts.

Positive thoughts

FMP

Fear7888
10-10-23, 06:56
Thank you for answering until now. May I show you the picture of that spot and you look at it and just tell me if this is a bite or not, or does it look like a burst out blood vessel on my muscle (bruise)??? No scabs or peeling off, i just feel like there is something there when i touch it, like irritation or something, hurts a little but maybe its because of my picking or something on it. Thank you

WorryRaptor
10-10-23, 19:11
Back when I was in the grips of what seemed to be OCD caused by severe vitamin deficiencies, I had pretty much the exact same scenario as you did....toilet seat and all! I was beside myself with worry, thinking I wouldn't see the next Christmas. Search this section for my post about a bat hiding under my toilet seat, and you'll probably identify with some of the fantastical thought processes I went through. I was so sure a bat had bitten me.

It was just a nerve firing off on my skin when I sat down. And irritated hair follicles. The OCD phobia took that sensation and turned it into a possible bat hiding under the toilet seat, biting me, and getting flushed away. No such thing happened, but I spent weeks and weeks obsessing over it. I even considered taking the bathroom extractor fan apart to check for any entrance points for bats. It put a massive strain on my relationship too, because he had to watch me obsess over a fictitious bat biting my arse.

Those marks on your skin look like irritated hair follicles, and one even looks like a freckle. Bat bites, especially from small brown ones that end up in houses on rare occasions, don't leave a mark for very long at all, despite what the internet likes to show. I'm sure you've googled bat bites and seen the two perfect vampire pin pricks etc. Most of those are actually stock images of snake bites, bug bites, mrsa, pimples, and random posts from people with anxiety.

A little bit of logic, just so you can try to refocus your attention to getting in touch with a professional:

- Bats can't really cling to the smooth porcelain of a toilet, they need something with friction, like a wall, or curtains etc. It would be down in the water splashing around in a panic, or very dead, very quickly. They have demanding metabolisms, so expending any energy without eating a bunch of bugs wears them out FAST. Often, when a bat ends up in a house, it flies around like crazy, all confused and scared, then finds a place like a curtain to rest.
- They don't like swimming in a tiny, terrifying toilet bowl (would any of us?). They can swim yes, but it's not something they actively do, they'll just do it if they have to. It makes them too vulnerable to predators to go for a relaxing dip. You'd notice it in the toilet bowl. Our brains are wired to see things out of the ordinary. It would catch your attention to see a bat in the water.
- Most species can't take off from the ground - they have to hang from a height to drop and then fly. So if one was on your toilet, it wouldn't be able to do much but sit there which you would most definitely notice.
- They don't seek you out to bite you. Even sick ones tend usually crawl off into a quiet place, or sit there, not moving, unless you touch them or pick them up. Most bites from sick bats have been from somebody handling or disturbing them.
- You're imagining that a bat managed to cling to the slippiest thing possible, find your skin, bite you, and then disappear soundlessly into water. They're not that nimble. They're actually pretty awkward when not flying in the air.
- Pretty gross to think about but...a bat that clogs your pipes would have to be pretty massive. There are plenty of other substances that go down that pipe which are larger than a little brown bat...but probably the same colour :roflmao:

Like everyone else here has suggested, you should try to find a professional to talk to about this. As somebody who lived in that mental prison for months, I get how consuming it can be. You owe it yourself to break free of that.

Fear7888
11-10-23, 01:24
Hi and thank you very very much, you do not know how much I appreciate your answer, you actually give details further why it could not happen and you have been in my situation too. The pipe thing that got clogged was actually a plumbers mistake because they did not connect the pipes to the main pipes and the water was not going anywhere so that was the problem, it is resolved now. Also, this happened while i was sleepy, i was starting to fall asleep but my stomach said no and then i went to the bathroom but then when this happened, i was alert, would i have not noticed the bat if i was sleepy or adrenaline would have woken me right away????

About the bat in the toilet bowl, I know it is something that does not happen and still i get scared, i get scared even more when i remember there were toilet papers there, so maybe it was hiding in there??? But at the same time a bat which is the size of my phone bits me and just goes dives back deeper in the toilet bowl and it the pipes???? Fantasy everywhere. The other thing i think is maybe it bit me somehow hid and i flushed it down the toilet and it was just gone.

This picture i cant say if it is the exact location of the sensation that i felt but i saw this two marks and wanted to share it here.

Could straining cause blood vessels to burst because some people told me the sensation could have been a blood vessel bursting???

Thank you again very very much for your answer.

Fishmanpa
11-10-23, 01:48
Might want to take the time and read this thread (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?243700-This-is-a-new-one-Bat-under-toilet-seat) (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?243700-This-is-a-new-one-Bat-under-toilet-seat) WR mentioned. I think you'll find something very familiar in the train of thought and replies.

FMP

Fear7888
11-10-23, 02:48
Thanks for this, I took a look at this and boy it is scary, fortunately where i live, bats are not known to be but in my county, they are often found rabid. Also, this scenario happened while i was sleepy, i was starting to fall asleep but my stomach said no and then i went to the bathroom and i was sleepy, but when this happened, i was alert, would i have not noticed the bat if i was sleepy or adrenaline would have woken me right away when this happened??? Sorry again for all the questions.

WorryRaptor
11-10-23, 15:02
Thanks for this, I took a look at this and boy it is scary, fortunately where i live, bats are not known to be but in my county, they are often found rabid. Also, this scenario happened while i was sleepy, i was starting to fall asleep but my stomach said no and then i went to the bathroom and i was sleepy, but when this happened, i was alert, would i have not noticed the bat if i was sleepy or adrenaline would have woken me right away when this happened??? Sorry again for all the questions.

Go back and read it again, and you'll see I would jump from "what if" to "what if" every time somebody tried to reassure me. That's what you're doing here now, by asking if you'd see one while sleepy/sick/in a rush. If we reassure you that of course you'd see a bat, then your mind would jump to the next thing.

We do have a close virus to rabies here in the UK, has the same result if bitten, and it's on the rise. I actually live by an active roost that tests positive every year, with increasing numbers of cases in the bats. But I still sleep with my windows open in summer :) I addressed the cause of my OCD so it doesn't plague my mind like it did before. Sorted out my vitamin intake plus went through therapy, and it's SO liberating not to have to sit there in fear all day every day. You need to seek out a therapist to help you with this.

You would have seen a bat. It wouldn't have been able to bit you if it even was on the edge of the toilet...and if it was in the water, it wouldn't be able to get to your skin to even bite it (and that's not me saying it's even possible there was a bat there). It can't be in two places at once, especially on a surface it has no hope of clinging to.

Why don't you take some time today to have a look for local therapists who deal with OCD?

Lencoboy
11-10-23, 18:50
I thought all the stuff about bats (and snakes) in toilets was a load of cobblers made up by scaremongering idiots online. Such 'idiots' certainly have a lot to answer for when it comes to their winding up vulnerable, gullible and highly sensitive individuals, while no doubt at the same time laughing their backsides off for causing such a hoo-ha!

Over the past week or so I've been spending less time online and also less embroiled in the news in general and I've felt stacks better for it, although I've felt a little guilty at times for seemingly divorcing myself from the rest of the 'real' world.

Lencoboy
11-10-23, 18:55
Go back and read it again, and you'll see I would jump from "what if" to "what if" every time somebody tried to reassure me. That's what you're doing here now, by asking if you'd see one while sleepy/sick/in a rush. If we reassure you that of course you'd see a bat, then your mind would jump to the next thing.

We do have a close virus to rabies here in the UK, has the same result if bitten, and it's on the rise. I actually live by an active roost that tests positive every year, with increasing numbers of cases in the bats. But I still sleep with my windows open in summer :) I addressed the cause of my OCD so it doesn't plague my mind like it did before. Sorted out my vitamin intake plus went through therapy, and it's SO liberating not to have to sit there in fear all day every day. You need to seek out a therapist to help you with this.

You would have seen a bat. It wouldn't have been able to bit you if it even was on the edge of the toilet...and if it was in the water, it wouldn't be able to get to your skin to even bite it (and that's not me saying it's even possible there was a bat there). It can't be in two places at once, especially on a surface it has no hope of clinging to.

Why don't you take some time today to have a look for local therapists who deal with OCD?

The authorities and the media here in the UK are hardly advising us to shut all our doors and windows in case we end up getting infected with this so-called 'bat virus', nor are they making a song and dancing over it right now like they did with Covid earlier in the pandemic, and of course with both Bird Flu and Swine Flu back in the mid-late 2000s.

WorryRaptor
11-10-23, 19:04
The authorities and the media here in the UK are hardly advising us to shut all our doors and windows in case we end up getting infected with this so-called 'bat virus', nor are they making a song and dancing over it right now like they did with Covid earlier in the pandemic, and of course with both Bird Flu and Swine Flu back in the mid-late 2000s.

You're correct, they are not, as the risk is still incredibly low to the pubilc, but it is very closely monitored. You are still advised to seek medical advice if you wake with a bat in your room though. I'm interested in bat conservation, so I read a lot of the stuff that comes along with that. I was using it to illustrate my point about now being able to sleep with my windows open after suffering the same OCD phobia that Fear7888 is currently experiencing :)

Lencoboy
11-10-23, 20:42
You're correct, they are not, as the risk is still incredibly low to the pubilc, but it is very closely monitored. You are still advised to seek medical advice if you wake with a bat in your room though. I'm interested in bat conservation, so I read a lot of the stuff that comes along with that. I was using it to illustrate my point about now being able to sleep with my windows open after suffering the same OCD phobia that Fear7888 is currently experiencing :)

Well that obviously explains it then.

But if this so-called ' bat virus' was considered a major public health concern and a possible candidate for a 'state of emergency' situation then many journalists throughout the country would for dead cert be having an epic field day and inadvertently putting the fear of God into us over it.

Although it's allegedly been having a bit of a resurgence of late, and for better or worse, Covid in general is still being kept relatively low-key by the vast majority of media outlets in this country, but nevertheless, I was offered my latest Covid and flu jabs simultaneously yesterday afternoon; each one in each arm, and was down my local GP practice in a heartbeat, even though I haven't been losing any sleep over Covid for the best part of the past 2 years now.

Fear7888
13-10-23, 06:11
Hey sorry for the late reply, I understand and props to you for getting out from this anxiety hole and taking control of your life.

Can i ask you a question, when my stomach started to hurt and i went to the bathroom and this stuff happened, i was sleepy, would this sensation pump adrenaline into me and wake me up and would i be more alert than before or will sleepiness cause me not to see the bat??? Thank you again for your time and for answering me. I even looked under the toilet seat to see if it would have been there but no it could not have been because there is no place for it to grab on and even if it was there, i would have seen it. Would the toilet papers cover it up or would it flap around in panic and cause water to splash?? Sorry for this stupid questions.

And i am looking for therapists cause this is seriously not ok anymore.

Keith
13-10-23, 09:40
It's likely yes if there was a bat in the toilet you would hear it splashing in the water, even if toilet papers were covering it you would have heard something I think.
I hope you find a therapist who can help you with this.

Goodmorningellie
17-10-23, 02:08
Someday you will laugh about this one. I promise. That doesn't mean you aren't in a nightmare right now. I get that. For what it's worth (and with OCD/health anxiety I know that's not much) it was definitely NOT a bat. You will live to tell this tale.