PDA

View Full Version : Ww3

fma11122345
20-10-23, 18:36
I've just recently found out about what's happening in the middle east and for the past two days its consumed my life with fears of ww3. Its all I can think about, I can't eat or sleep and its badly effecting my metal state. I'm constantly checking Google and the news thinking we're just moments away from ww3 and nuclear fall out/winter.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

fishman65
20-10-23, 19:32
fma11122345, I wouldn't worry about what is happening in the middle east escalating into WW3. The countries that possess nuclear weapons i.e USA, UK, France, Russia, China etc know what would result from a nuclear weapon exchange. MAD, mutually assured destruction. A nuclear war would be unwinnable. So they'll make sure any escalation will be confined to the middle east.

fma11122345
20-10-23, 20:15
My wife has said something very similar, that I shouldn't worry about something I can't control. But, I hope your right. Thank you for your insight on the matter.

fma11122345
21-10-23, 05:55
I hope more people give some insight on this, it's eating me alive. [emoji32]

Lencoboy
21-10-23, 18:57
I hope more people give some insight on this, it's eating me alive. [emoji32]

People were expressing very similar concerns when the Ukraine thing first kicked off last year, and of course at the height of the conflicts in Syria a few years back.

And we're all still here right now to tell the tale.

It's important to remember that this current conflict in Israel/Gaza is not altogether a new thing; it's a recurring conflict that's been going on for donkeys years on and off now with a World War Three never coming to pass before.

If I were you I would avoid social media and unscrupulous news media outlets as much as possible until the worst of the frenzy from both the media and the general public surrounding this latest conflict finally calms down. As per usual there's a fair bit of misinformation and fake news circulating online concerning this latest conflict, plus I think the MSM have been blatantly milking it to death (no pun intended) over the past fortnight or so while reports concerning the existing conflict in Ukraine has seemingly been sidelined in favour of all of this, despite both conflicts being as serious as each other.

Also remember 3 years ago we were constantly being told we're all gonna die of Covid, which never actually materialised into the mega Armageddon-like scenario that many were intensely putting the fear of God into us over at the time, and once again, we're still here to tell the tale!

In conclusion, I think the very term 'World War Three' in general has now been hackneyed to death to the point where it's becoming increasingly meaningless and inadvertently lost a lot of its 'shock' value, especially as it's often used in a 'crying wolf' context.

fma11122345
21-10-23, 23:52
Its hard for me to just ignore it. I'm hyper focused on it. I'll tell myself I'm going to ignore it and get on with my day, and then ill find myself looking it up and worrying myself to death over it.

Fishmanpa
22-10-23, 00:50
It's interesting what people are fearful of concerning this situation. The fear of a nuclear conflict doesn't really affect me as I'm not concerned about a major power using them. If something is going to happen it would be from one of the countries in the Middle East creating one on the sly. Several countries have nuclear energy and uranium, but creating and accurately delivering a missile are a ways off. All the major powers have been keeping an eye on that for years. Frankly, N Korea is more a threat than the Middle East.

If anything, at least for me, it's just depressing :weep: I've grown up and lived through many turbulent times and events that show mankind as a rather savage and violent species. Nature pales in comparison to mankind in that department. In fact, there is no time in history when there wasn't a violent conflict going on somewhere in the world. And lately? The political divide has brought out the total crazy all over the world! Add into that social media and being able to read the thoughts and opinions of others and you realize just how insane this world is :wacko: I avoid getting wrapped up in the news. Read or watch just enough to know what's going on but avoid the horror stories and clickbait. Speaking of clickbait, frankly I prefer to click on the Liz Hurley in bikini stories so popular in the media here :winks:

So no, I don't fear this evolving into WW3 but it's horrifying and devastating to see what's going on and sadly, I'm afraid it's going to get a lot uglier before it gets better.

FMP

fma11122345
22-10-23, 01:15
I'm more concerned that either Russia, China or both will join Iran in taking on Israel and the west. And from there it would turn into ww3, thats what has me the most worried.

Fishmanpa
22-10-23, 02:00
I'm more concerned that either Russia, China or both will join Iran in taking on Israel and the west. And from there it would turn into ww3, thats what has me the most worried.

Nahhh... Putin and XI don't want to risk their lives or power to attempt to mess with the West. Too much narcissism involved there. Besides, unlike some other leaders in the free world, they actually can think and speak coherently :roflmao: Look how Putin reacted to that drone strike on the Kremlin. You know that shook him up. Took him a couple days to come out of the basement :winks:

FMP

fma11122345
22-10-23, 08:04
Idk, things got so much worse over night. Israel literally threatened Iran. There's so much talk about Iran running this whole thing to start a massive war.

Lencoboy
22-10-23, 10:28
Idk, things got so much worse over night. Israel literally threatened Iran. There's so much talk about Iran running this whole thing to start a massive war.

See the site www.debunkingdoomsday.quora.com (http://www.debunkingdoomsday.quora.com)

P.S, You may need to type in the address manually to access said site as the direct link I posted above may not be reliable in a technical sense.

Lencoboy
22-10-23, 12:05
It's interesting what people are fearful of concerning this situation. The fear of a nuclear conflict doesn't really affect me as I'm not concerned about a major power using them. If something is going to happen it would be from one of the countries in the Middle East creating one on the sly. Several countries have nuclear energy and uranium, but creating and accurately delivering a missile are a ways off. All the major powers have been keeping an eye on that for years. Frankly, N Korea is more a threat than the Middle East.

If anything, at least for me, it's just depressing :weep: I've grown up and lived through many turbulent times and events that show mankind as a rather savage and violent species. Nature pales in comparison to mankind in that department. In fact, there is no time in history when there wasn't a violent conflict going on somewhere in the world. And lately? The political divide has brought out the total crazy all over the world! Add into that social media and being able to read the thoughts and opinions of others and you realize just how insane this world is :wacko: I avoid getting wrapped up in the news. Read or watch just enough to know what's going on but avoid the horror stories and clickbait. Speaking of clickbait, frankly I prefer to click on the Liz Hurley in bikini stories so popular in the media here :winks:

So no, I don't fear this evolving into WW3 but it's horrifying and devastating to see what's going on and sadly, I'm afraid it's going to get a lot uglier before it gets better.

FMP

I do think there's certain individuals who are unduly hyping up this current situation to the max as if they're literally gagging for something mega profound to happen, plus seem to be revelling in the excitement of it all, especially on social media.

Mainly egotistical conspiracy theorists and serial 'know-it-all' doom-merchants masquerading as 'experts' but are actually amateur armchair 'wannabe' experts/journalists. And such sadcase crackpots are actively exploiting the fears of the OP and various others, and inadvertently provoking them into 'doomscrolling' all the more.

You're correct in the sense that we've lived through various turbulent times at least since the end of the Second World War with Ukraine and Covid (both still ongoing), and previously Syria, Iraq, 9/11, Kosovo, Bosnia, and particularly closer to home in the British Isles the Troubles in Northern Ireland, which did also frequently spill over to the British mainland, the Cold War, and of course the Global Financial Crisis at the end of the 2000s, but none of those aforementioned conflicts/turbulent events lead us to a full-on World War Three or mega Armageddon-type scenarios (at least not so far, thank God).

Back in the pre-Internet/social media/24/7 rolling news era I bet a lot of what's currently going on right now in the Middle East would have barely registered in the same ways in the news headlines here in the West, plus I think there was generally less frenzied hysteria and paranoia among wider society and people also seemed to have a greater sense of perspective at the time.

Fishmanpa
22-10-23, 12:51

Just offered a perspective from one who does not fear WW3. Hope you feel better soon.

FMP

Lencoboy
22-10-23, 13:07
Theoretically Covid still remains a more immediate risk to us here in the West than the current situation in the Middle East (and Ukraine/Russia), even though that in itself is a far lesser threat now than 2-3 years ago.

Plus of course we're probably all still far more likely to get run over by buses or end up in car crashes than get caught up in a full-on World War Three outside of the Middle East right now.

Don't get me wrong; I'm no trivialising this current situation in any way but it does seem that quite a number of people (including certain elements of the MSM) are unduly hyping a lot of this up out of proportion at times. It will be something else eventually, it always is.

fma11122345
22-10-23, 15:27
Thank you guys, hopefully it doesn't get as bad as my brain is telling me it will. I feel for the people of Israel, I do. But this war needs to end before it gets any worse.

fma11122345
23-10-23, 01:00
The bombs in gaze have been the worst its ever been since last night. Israel cealry has no intention on stopping this war for the benefit of the rest of mankind. I'm so scared, I know the ground invasion is just days away..then iran and its proxys will become involved and Israel with drag us into ww3..

fma11122345
23-10-23, 22:03
Having a bad time of it today, can't keep from worrying about this war and its making my work life/life at home a nightmare. And its only getting worse.

fma11122345
24-10-23, 14:59
Things just keep getting worse and worse, my hopes for the other nations of the west (France) would rain Israel in has been destroyed over night. They stand with Israel, and against the rest of the world. Ww3 is close, very close.

Lencoboy
24-10-23, 18:32
Things just keep getting worse and worse, my hopes for the other nations of the west (France) would rain Israel in has been destroyed over night. They stand with Israel, and against the rest of the world. Ww3 is close, very close.

Has any of the major news outlets actually confirmed this?

I walked past a rack full of all of today's (UK) national newspapers in my local train station and not a single one of them had the words 'World War Three' printed on the front page, nor has there been any conformation of it on our BBC or Sky News channels or their respective websites.

Sounds like you might be overthinking it too much. Also be careful what websites you visit, and of course social media can be a hotbed for such alarmist propaganda.

Remember we have global organisations such as NATO and the UN who stringently scrutinise situations like this, who we didn't have back in the 1930s, plus there's various protocols in place that keep a full-on World War Three from happening willy-nilly, which partly explains why we still haven't had a full-on global war since 1945.

I'm sure I remember saying the same things last year about the Ukraine conflict.

For all I know I could be talking a load of old cobblers myself but I've tried to explain and reassure with the best of my knowledge on the subject.

fma11122345
24-10-23, 18:45

fma11122345
24-10-23, 18:55
Has any of the major news outlets actually confirmed this?

I walked past a rack full of all of today's (UK) national newspapers in my local train station and not a single one of them had the words 'World War Three' printed on the front page, nor has there been any conformation of it on our BBC or Sky News channels or their respective websites.

Sounds like you might be overthinking it too much. Also be careful what websites you visit, and of course social media can be a hotbed for such alarmist propaganda.

Remember we have global organisations such as NATO and the UN who stringently scrutinise situations like this, who we didn't have back in the 1930s, plus there's various protocols in place that keep a full-on World War Three from happening willy-nilly, which partly explains why we still haven't had a full-on global war since 1945.

I'm sure I remember saying the same things last year about the Ukraine conflict.

For all I know I could be talking a load of old cobblers myself but I've tried to explain and reassure with the best of my knowledge on the subject.I get all my information from cnn for the most part. So its not like I'm getting it off of some tabloid, sadly. So most of what I'm saying is confirmed. And the UN is much of a joke thanks to anyone one of the five lasting members just able to veto anything that doesn't fit with its agenda, like the usa did last week for a ceasefire. Iv read the link you've sent me, but its only a small help compared to everything else that's going on. And he's yet to update byoned Saturday (which the worst of the bombs took place) Israel has vowed to wipe hams off the map and refused to meet with the head of the un today after they were vastly criticized by all members of the un (but the [emoji631]) for its war crimes. So this is truly seems like the end

Lencoboy
24-10-23, 19:10
I get all my information from cnn for the most part. So its not like I'm getting it off of some tabloid, sadly. So most of what I'm saying is confirmed. And the UN is much of a joke thanks to anyone one of the five lasting members just able to veto anything that doesn't fit with its agenda, like the usa did last week for a ceasefire. Iv read the link you've sent me, but its only a small help compared to everything else that's going on. And he's yet to update byoned Saturday (which the worst of the bombs took place) Israel has vowed to wipe hams off the map and refused to meet with the head of the un today after they were vastly criticized by all members of the un (but the [emoji631]) for its war crimes. So this is truly seems like the end.

Good god FMA, you sound absolutely adamant some kind of Armageddon-like situation is imminent, and nothing will change your mind. Also did any of the articles actually say the words 'World War Three'?

Conflicts like this have happened umpteen times before between Israel and Gaza, and nothing out of the ordinary has happened throughout the rest of the world.

Another implication could be that General Elections are due on both sides of the Atlantic next year and the existing leaders probably feel they need to be seen to be doing something by giving this conflict extensive attention and not necessarily because they might have some kind of hidden agenda for full-on military intervention, etc.
If anything, they're probably trying to seek peace.

Perhaps you may have misunderstood some of the articles you've watched on CNN a little, especially as it can sometimes be difficult to make sense of stuff through all the noise (both auditory and visual). Also here in the UK there's still no talk of 'Protect And Survive' being brought back either.

Plus, while I don't in any way intend to be patronising, you seem to be the only person on here (so far) who seems to be so embroiled in all of this but barely a peep from certain others on here who have historically got the willies from stuff like this, including at the start of the Ukraine conflict in February last year.

fma11122345
24-10-23, 19:23
Good god FMA, you sound absolutely adamant some kind of Armageddon-like situation is imminent, and nothing will change your mind.

Conflicts like this have happened umpteen times before between Israel and Gaza, and nothing out of the ordinary has happened throughout the rest of the world.

Another implication could be that General Elections are due on both sides of the Atlantic next year and the existing leaders probably feel they need to be seen to be doing something by giving this conflict extensive attention and not necessarily because they might have some kind of hidden agenda for full-on military intervention, etc.
If anything, they're probably trying to seek peace.

Perhaps you may have misunderstood some of the articles you've watched on CNN a little, especially as it can sometimes be difficult to make sense of stuff through all the noise (both auditory and visual). Also here in the UK there's still no talk of 'Protect And Survive' being brought back either.

Plus, while I don't in any way intend to be patronising, you seem to be the only person on here (so far) who seems to be so embroiled in all of this but barely a peep from certain others on here who have historically got the willies from stuff like this, including at the start of the Ukraine conflict in February last year.I am a bit surprised that I'm the only one going through this kinda of thinking, as its clearly a huge deal at the moment. Why would the un be making a huge deal out of this if it wasn't a huge deal that could lead to a much bigger problem. So much news about ww3, that even elon musk has said Biden is sleep walking the us into ww3. I understand were your coming from, but I really feel like this might be the start to a much bigger war with Iran, China and Russia. Even tho China has changed its stance and said it does believe Israel has a right to defend itself, as long as its abiding by the laws of war. Which its not, we need a ceasefire, but that won't come thanks to the us and whatever hidden agenda it might have for causing this conflict to Ballon out of control.

fma11122345
25-10-23, 22:07
Welp, attempted number 3 for the un to stop the comming ww3 has failed yet again. The un met today to vote for a cesfire or even a pause on the fighting. The American vote was ten/four with China and Russia against it, it would have passed if it wasn't for the veto power (why even bother?) Russia's only hade around 2 votes behid it. So yet again, we failed to stop this war. In his opening remarks, the Russian depeplomat said "we need to stop this, before it becomes a regional problem and then even global." Thats sounds like ww3 talk to me. The west vs the Arabic world with China and Russia as its biggest backer. I hope the future of whats left of this world will not fallow in the foot steps of our failed leaders.

FrankT
25-10-23, 22:50
Plus, while I don't in any way intend to be patronising, you seem to be the only person on here (so far) who seems to be so embroiled in all of this but barely a peep from certain others on here who have historically got the willies from stuff like this, including at the start of the Ukraine conflict in February last year.

I didn't want to say anything, but I guess I'll have to now. I've started having panic attacks over it. Nobody can help me. I feel sick and afraid...

Fishmanpa
25-10-23, 23:26
I didn't want to say anything, but I guess I'll have to now. I've started having panic attacks over it. Nobody can help me. I feel sick and afraid...

Again...

Nahhh... Putin and XI don't want to risk their lives or power to attempt to mess with the West. Too much narcissism involved there. Besides, unlike some other leaders in the free world, they actually can think and speak coherently :roflmao: Look how Putin reacted to that drone strike on the Kremlin. You know that shook him up. Took him a couple days to come out of the basement :winks:

Do you really think, based on the powers that the leaders of the nations involved would risk that power? Sorry, but these men are too narcissistic to risk that :lac: They just won't. They all know that such a conflict would strip them of their power and they're not willing to let go of that.

FMP

fma11122345
25-10-23, 23:37
Again...

Do you really think, based on the powers that the leaders of the nations involved would risk that power? Sorry, but these men are too narcissistic to risk that :lac: They just won't. They all know that such a conflict would strip them of their power and they're not willing to let go of that.

FMPAs there ever been a conflict on this scale before that hasn't brought the world to ww3? I can't think of one off the top of my head. And with the looming ground invasion waring to cause the middle east to boil over, how could you be so sure? My wife isn't worried and said whatever happens, happens. But I can't get behind that kinda thinking. I just hade my daughter, she the light of my world and I can't bare the thought of lossing her and my family all because the us has to feel the need to police the world. Were funding the war with Ukrain, were helping the war with Taiwan, and now israel. 2 of the world's super powers are on the side of the Arabic world. Sure, were trying to mend out relationship with China this week, but I still think it won't matter with the death toll of gaze and how mosterish israel is acting, taking out its hate on inosncet wemon and child.

Fishmanpa
26-10-23, 00:04
Ok, so again, just offering a perspective from a human nature/history point of view. It's quite apparent, nothing said here will quell your worries, so I sincerely wish you peace with your dragon.

FMP

FrankT
26-10-23, 10:50
No, I agree, this is easily the worst things have been since the Ukraine war began, potentially worse.

fma11122345
26-10-23, 19:25

fishman65
26-10-23, 20:12
As there ever been a conflict on this scale before that hasn't brought the world to ww3? I can't think of one off the top of my head.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six-Day_War
Israel took on a lot more countries in the 'Six Day War' but it didn't lead to WW3

fma11122345
26-10-23, 20:18
The difference between now and then is the massive ability to show what's going on, to show war and its entirety. The terrible froce Israel is showing and the lack of civilian life.

fishman65
26-10-23, 21:27
But what difference would that 'massive ability' make? If anything in 1967 the combatants would be able to commit far more atrocities knowing there was no wall to wall TV and 24 hour news. And yet it didn't spread beyond the middle east.

fma11122345
26-10-23, 21:37
But what difference would that 'massive ability' make? If anything in 1967 the combatants would be able to commit far more atrocities knowing there was no wall to wall TV and 24 hour news. And yet it didn't spread beyond the middle east.Back then the world didn't have its eyes on the war, war could happen and just be talked about as this far off concept, as long as it wasn't happening in front of us. But now, the world has its eyes on Israel and its war crimes. I feel for the 1500+ people hurt and killed in the haums attack. But I feel as if the world now sees Israel as the aggressive party now, and no longer the victim. 1500+ does not equal nearly 7000 innocent people, not only that. But thanks to the news/live streams thats covering this so vividly there's no way to walk this back, and everyone is just watching it getting worse and worse by the day. I feel like that's the major difference between then and now. Iran will use this to attack the western world, to feather its hate against us. Not only that, but Russia and chian are wild cards. We alrady have problems with Russia with unkira, and Taiwan with China.

spectrum123
26-10-23, 22:59
Back then the world didn't have its eyes on the war, war could happen and just be talked about as this far off concept, as long as it wasn't happening in front of us. But now, the world has its eyes on Israel and its war crimes. I feel for the 1500+ people hurt and killed in the haums attack. But I feel as if the world now sees Israel as the aggressive party now, and no longer the victim. 1500+ does not equal nearly 7000 innocent people, not only that. But thanks to the news/live streams thats covering this so vividly there's no way to walk this back, and everyone is just watching it getting worse and worse by the day. I feel like that's the major difference between then and now. Iran will use this to attack the western world, to feather its hate against us. Not only that, but Russia and chian are wild cards. We alrady have problems with Russia with unkira, and Taiwan with China.

What does your psychiatrist say about these fears, do you need to look at what medication you are on?

fma11122345
26-10-23, 23:45
What does your psychiatrist say about these fears, do you need to look at what medication you are on?I'm on medication for my anxiety, but it doesn't help with something as big as nuclear war and the end of the world [emoji854]

spectrum123
27-10-23, 00:02
I'm on medication for my anxiety, but it doesn't help with something as big as nuclear war and the end of the world [emoji854]

That's true, it's not meant to help irrational and illogical thoughts that are in the realms of fantasy.

fma11122345
27-10-23, 00:06
That's true, it's not meant to help irrational and illogical thoughts that are in the realms of fantasy.I understand i might be coming off a bit crazy in my remarks, but I wouldn't call it the realms of fantasy with everything going on right now in the middle east. Especially us Americans who have to pay for our presidents poor decision to get directly involved.

Fishmanpa
27-10-23, 00:21
Here's reality. Regardless of any situation politically or otherwise in the world. We have ZERO control. Worry if you must but I personally choose to take things one day at a time and take in the blessings that life affords me. I don't have time to worry about this and frankly, based on my location (an hour from Washington DC), if WW3 broke out and nuclear were used, I would have maybe a minute or so to say my prayers. It is what it is and I'm going to enjoy the moments I can :yesyes:

FMP

fma11122345
27-10-23, 00:36
Here's reality. Regardless of any situation politically or otherwise in the world. We have ZERO control. Worry if you must but I personally choose to take things one day at a time and take in the blessings that life affords me. I don't have time to worry about this and frankly, based on my location (an hour from Washington DC), if WW3 broke out and nuclear were used, I would have maybe a minute or so to say my prayers. It is what it is and I'm going to enjoy the moments I can :yesyes:

FMPMy wife said something like that at the start of my anixty.

fma11122345
27-10-23, 19:40
Things got massively worse today, this morning there was a talk of a cesfire/hostage release. But now there's a black out and a looming ground invasion. The usa is done for, we've backed the wrong people here.

spectrum123
27-10-23, 23:51
I understand i might be coming off a bit crazy in my remarks, but I wouldn't call it the realms of fantasy with everything going on right now in the middle east. Especially us Americans who have to pay for our presidents poor decision to get directly involved.

It's fantasy as you have no idea what Binden, Xi, Putin, Un, Hezbolla, Hamas or their advisors are thinking. You are projecting your own fears. That is a fantasy world in your brain.

Whilst I am not belittling the situation, you have no influence or information as to what is happening and what may happen.

fma11122345
28-10-23, 15:39
The ground invasion has started, israel has invaded the gaza strip after weeks of ungodly air attacks, after 122 country's have called for a ceasefire. 14 (including the us) have voted against. Iran and qatar have been on the phone talking about "war" so clearly the other country's in the middle east will not take this sitting down. Turkey has outright blamed the us for backing theses monsters with froce, money and weapons. They are one of our biggest allies in the middle east, so this is very concerning. That's not to mention the ties Russia has with hamas, hamas has been looking for the Russia hostages to release them as they are "very close friends". This truly is the start of the biggest war anyone has seen since ww2. I get all my information from aljazeera new network.

fma11122345
28-10-23, 15:43

fma11122345
28-10-23, 15:44
It's fantasy as you have no idea what Binden, Xi, Putin, Un, Hezbolla, Hamas or their advisors are thinking. You are projecting your own fears. That is a fantasy world in your brain.

Whilst I am not belittling the situation, you have no influence or information as to what is happening and what may happen.The entire world has denounced Israel for it war crimes, and have even talked about "war" among some of the middle eastern countries. Clearly this is not just in my head, its a sad and scary reality.

spectrum123
28-10-23, 16:13
The ground invasion has started, israel has invaded the gaza strip after weeks of ungodly air attacks, after 122 country's have called for a ceasefire. 14 (including the us) have voted against. Iran and qatar have been on the phone talking about "war" so clearly the other country's in the middle east will not take this sitting down. Turkey has outright blamed the us for backing theses monsters with froce, money and weapons. They are one of our biggest allies in the middle east, so this is very concerning. That's not to mention the ties Russia has with hamas, hamas has been looking for the Russia hostages to release them as they are "very close friends". This truly is the start of the biggest war anyone has seen since ww2. I get all my information from aljazeera new network.

You are aware the Muslim and Arab world are not particularly united? Their weapons systems are majority supplied by the US and NATO, who have a huge influence in that area.
It is very unlikely they would present a unilateral front.
The western leaning Arab states despite their spending on weapons technology, are actually very poor at war fighting, two gulf wars proved this. Any aggressive move against Israel would lead to severe damage to themselves internally. The oil rich states have a lot to lose in getting involved in a bloody battle with Israel.
Everybody wants a cease fire including the US, but would you have expected the US to just shrug its shoulders after 911?
Who knows it may blow up into a huge war over there, the US, NATO, Russia and China, will be making sure it's contained to that area, it's in all of their interests.

spectrum123
28-10-23, 17:00
The entire world has denounced Israel for it war crimes, and have even talked about "war" among some of the middle eastern countries. Clearly this is not just in my head, its a sad and scary reality.

What about the terrorist attack that kicked this off, you seem to skip over that?

fma11122345
28-10-23, 17:12
What about the terrorist attack that kicked this off, you seem to skip over that?I've said quite a few times in my post that I feel for the people whom have been killed, its a terrible act of violence against Israel and its people. But Israel is going way to far, the innocent people of gaza did not kill the 1400 people. Hamas did, collective punishment is a war crime. Holding basic needs such as food/water/medicine, is a war crime. No matter how bad this "9/11" attack was, the people of gaza do not deserve this. There should be a cesfire, the rest of the world backs this. Clearly Hamas would think twice about attacking Israel again after such a show of froce, we don't need to wipe out a whole race of people to prove a point.

spectrum123
28-10-23, 17:24
Hamas have governed Gaza since 2007. If they are such a minority why haven't one of the other Sunni factions within Gaza assumed control?

spectrum123
28-10-23, 17:41
When the US and it's allies, including my country went into Iraqthe second time. We cut electric and water supplies to the towns and cities including Baghdad, we ensured food and medical supplies could not get in. Then leaflet dropped the cities and towns telling the civilian inhabitants to get the soldiers to surrender, and no further deaths would occur.
We then bombed suspected buildings we believed the enemy was using.

After Iraq had been defeated the US presided over the power vacuum, installing various puppet governments. This war and subsequent experiments in governance cost the lives of 1.2 million iraqi civilian lives.

In the words of the late Bob Marley 'before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean'.

fma11122345
29-10-23, 14:57
Those monsters are now treating to blow up a hospital with false made up claims that they are harbinger hamas, they aren't and have been shown to just be wemon, children and others injured from there war crimes. 12000 people are taking shelter in this hospital.

Fishmanpa
29-10-23, 15:12
I don't know. Maybe it's just too simple a solution and one you're not capable of but perhaps, just perhaps, not reading watching or listening to news about this would be the solution :whistles:

FMP

fma11122345
29-10-23, 18:02
I don't know. Maybe it's just too simple a solution and one you're not capable of but perhaps, just perhaps, not reading watching or listening to news about this would be the solution :whistles:

FMPIf I did that I could miss something big, like Israel murdering 14000+ people just because they think collective punishment isn't a war crime. But the ICC has said its going to get involved, so let's hope they pay for what they've done if there's still a world left after this war.

Fishmanpa
29-10-23, 18:11
If I did that I could miss something big

If you did that then you would starve your dragon :whistles: There's nothing you can do about it anyway :shrug: Your choice but this worry and anxiety is totally self-inflicted :lac:

FMP

spectrum123
29-10-23, 18:58
Those monsters are now treating to blow up a hospital with false made up claims that they are harbinger hamas, they aren't and have been shown to just be wemon, children and others injured from there war crimes. 12000 people are taking shelter in this hospital.

As you know so much about the situation, I assume you must be an intelligence community employee?

nomorepanic
29-10-23, 20:00
If something is stressing you out and causing anxiety then walk away from it.

You are just making things worse for yourself indulging in these things.

I don't watch the news for the very reason that I have enough stress in my life and I can't change what happens in other countries so I don't get involved.

fma11122345
29-10-23, 20:11
As you know so much about the situation, I assume you must be an intelligence community employee?No, just not blind. I get all my information from al jazeera. Since the west dosnt give all the information. Shocker they don't wana show the genocide of a complete race of people.

Fishmanpa
29-10-23, 20:16
Nothing said here will help folks. WOT to even reply :lac: Good luck and I hope you feel better soon fma.

FMP

fma11122345
29-10-23, 20:24
Nothing said here will help folks. WOT to even reply :lac: Good luck and I hope you feel better soon fma.

FMPI know you guys think I'm nuts, but ill be sure to update this daily to make sure at least you all know what's going on. Thank you so much for your kind words, even if they didn't help much. I truly do appreciate it.

spectrum123
29-10-23, 20:31
No, just not blind. I get all my information from al jazeera. Since the west dosnt give all the information. Shocker they don't wana show the genocide of a complete race of people.

While AJ aren't bad, they are still state owned a by the Qatari government. The same government that in the past has expressed the view that wiping out the Jews is not a bad thing?

Fishmanpa
29-10-23, 20:45
I know you guys think I'm nuts, but ill be sure to update this daily to make sure at least you all know what's going on.

That's Ok. I'm sure those of us who want or need to know can look at the news. No need to post it here TBH and nothing said can help you so :shrug: Just being real....

FMP

fma11122345
29-10-23, 21:05
While AJ aren't bad, they are still state owned a by the Qatari government. The same government that in the past has expressed the view that wiping out the Jews is not a bad thing?I was originally following CNN, but they hardly updated half the time. Aj seems to be the best place for live information in my opinion.

fma11122345
29-10-23, 21:07
That's Ok. I'm sure those of us who want or need to know can look at the news. No need to post it here TBH and nothing said can help you so :shrug: Just being real....

FMPI appreciate all you tired to do, you've been a help to me over the years with my anxiety and health problems. And as I said, I do apologize if I'm coming off nuts. But this just seems way to bad not to worry about.

Thank you all

fma11122345
30-10-23, 17:58
"Netanyahu: No cessation of fighting with Hamas

Netanyahu has rejected any calls for a ceasefire or cessation of hostilities with Hamas. He’s speaking at a press conference in Tel Aviv.
We’ll have more on his comments shortly."

He even called for other nations to stand behind him. Ww3 is here.

fma11122345
30-10-23, 19:18
"Putin says US is source of chaos in the Middle East

The Russian President Vladimir Putin has sought to cast the US as the root cause of the Middle East’s problems, saying that Washington was responsible for the “deadly chaos” in the Middle East.
“Who is organising the deadly chaos and who benefits from it today, in my opinion, has already become obvious… It is the current ruling elites of the US and their satellites who are the main beneficiaries of world instability,” Putin, whose own Russian forces have been involved in bombing Syrian opposition forces for years, said.
He added that the death of innocent people could not be justified, and that the key to resolving the conflict was the creation of a Palestinian state.
Putin also blamed Ukraine and western nations for the storming of an airport in the Russian republic of Dagestan on Sunday by protesters, after a flight from Israel was scheduled to land".

More proof, Russia blamed us for everything. Ww3

nomorepanic
30-10-23, 20:12
Stop reading the news and turn the TV off.

We are not heading for WW3

Keith
31-10-23, 14:31
I was originally following CNN, but they hardly updated half the time. Aj seems to be the best place for live information in my opinion.

Al Jazeera is funded by the Qatari government.

Lencoboy
01-11-23, 11:17
Stop reading the news and turn the TV off.

We are not heading for WW3

Absolutely not. I reckon much of it must be in the mind of the OP as they're absolutely adamant it's happening, despite no official confirmation of it.

It also seems like the OP may be clutching at straws and may also have a bit of an agenda, if only to proclaim 'I told you so', as seemingly nothing will convince them otherwise.

Having said that, I do think the media have been overdoing it a fair bit with this particular conflict on occasions, as if nothing else worthy of reporting is happening anywhere in the world right now, including the ongoing conflict in Ukraine, which some on here were predicting might lead to a WW3 last year and still hasn't so far. Ditto for Iraq in 2003 and Syria a few years ago. It's also as if they're getting withdrawal symptoms after doing all the wall-to-wall coverage of Covid during 2020-early 2022, and feel the urge to compensate with this Israel/Gaza thing right now.

In fact, if a WW3 was ever going to happen at all, it would have probably already happened years ago; possibly around the 70s which was allegedly the height of the Cold War. Or even the so-called 'War on Terror' post-9/11 could have technically been a WW3 in all but name, especially as we've had terror-related incidents committed by the likes of ISIS, etc, around the world since then, including in the UK, mainland Europe, Australia and the USA, and whilst all extremely tragic at the time, the world still never came to an end.

ErinKC
01-11-23, 15:41
Here's the thing. It's possible another "world war" begins, whatever that even means in the modern world, but it's still extraordinarily unlikely that nuclear weapons would come into play because nuclear nations understand the consequences of that. We've been in far more serious nuclear brinkmanship situations during the cold war, but reason always prevails. The existence of nuclear weapons is unfortunate, and perhaps they will spell the end of humanity eventually (my guess would be due to a mistake not an intentional deployment), but they have also largely served the purpose of deterring wider international conflicts. The United States has second strike capability, meaning if anyone were to hit us with a nuke, we'd still have enough weapons and people around to hit them back. So, why would anyone do that??

Nations are by and large rational actors. Their actions may seem irrational to us, but they are not in the business of doing things that will end with their own destruction. Using a nuclear weapon is the one thing every nation knows would end in that result.

It's certainly possible that this conflict will expand in the region, the U.S. will probably keep doing stupid things like sending more and more people weapons and money. I doubt we'll send troops anywhere any time soon, but even if we did, that would not affect your personal day to day life.

One of the things I can always read from between the lines of America's responses to these things is their very calculated decisions not to specifically blame or target anyone that might put us in a position to respond to something we don't want to. You could see it when a missile hit Poland in the early days of the Ukraine war and the U.S. was like - HOLD ON - WAIT A SEC - THAT WASN'T RUSSIA GUYS - WE'RE ALL GOOD!!

And early on in this conflict when the U.S. was very quick to clarify that there was no evidence that Iran had been involved in the initial Hamas attack.

I know a lot has changed and evolved since then, but it's evident to me that the United States is really not interested in getting involved in a broader conflict. Just look at our response so far - funding. We had the president give an oval office address about giving financial aid to our allies. Imagine what that address would have looked like in the 1960s.

And, I know it's not helpful to you, but at the end of the day there is nothing you can do about this. Unless there is really nuclear exchange, a world war is not going to affect you. No one is going to invade the United States. Perhaps there could be another terrorist attack, but I presume our intel folks are on high alert for that.

Also, there is always so much more going on behind the scenes than we will ever know. I have a masters degree in intelligence and national security, so I'm not just talking out of my butt. Look at the Cuban Missile Crisis, for example. To the public, the US was about to be attack by nuclear weapons. But, behind the scenes, Kennedy was talking to Khrushchev and he sent his brother to have a secret meeting with the Soviet foreign minister to broker a deal that ended the crisis. No on in America was aware of this for many, many years because it was classified.

You've mentioned the issue of how public war is now as a reason to think it's MORE likely to escalate, but I would posit the opposite. In the past, governments could engage in all kinds of risky moves without the public having any idea what was happening. If you lived in America, you would have no idea what was happening in Israel. But, today, with the horror on our TV screens all day, every day, the ability for nations to escalate conflicts and cause more horror would be muted by public outcry. Americans don't want to be involved in a new conflict and Biden is running for reelection.

Speaking of the election - nations like Russia and China are also probably unlikely to start anything when the future American president is about to be up for grabs. Say what you will about Trump (and I have), but he's a loose canon and no world leader is going to want to do anything funny when there's the possibility he could be back at the reigns.

In short. We probably won't have a nuclear war. Stop reading the news.

fma11122345
01-11-23, 18:24
Absolutely not. I reckon much of it must be in the mind of the OP as they're absolutely adamant it's happening, despite no official confirmation of it.

It also seems like the OP may be clutching at straws and may also have a bit of an agenda, if only to proclaim 'I told you so', as seemingly nothing will convince them otherwise.

Having said that, I do think the media have been overdoing it a fair bit with this particular conflict on occasions, as if nothing else worthy of reporting is happening anywhere in the world right now, including the ongoing conflict in Ukraine, which some on here were predicting might lead to a WW3 last year and still hasn't so far. Ditto for Iraq in 2003 and Syria a few years ago. It's also as if they're getting withdrawal symptoms after doing all the wall-to-wall coverage of Covid during 2020-early 2022, and feel the urge to compensate with this Israel/Gaza thing right now.

In fact, if a WW3 was ever going to happen at all, it would have probably already happened years ago; possibly around the 70s which was allegedly the height of the Cold War. Or even the so-called 'War on Terror' post-9/11 could have technically been a WW3 in all but name, especially as we've had terror-related incidents committed by the likes of ISIS, etc, around the world since then, including in the UK, mainland Europe, Australia and the USA, and whilst all extremely tragic at the time, the world still never came to an end.Trust me when I say, I don't have a agenda here :( I'm just scared is all, I most definitely don't wana be right about any of this.

fma11122345
01-11-23, 18:25
Here's the thing. It's possible another "world war" begins, whatever that even means in the modern world, but it's still extraordinarily unlikely that nuclear weapons would come into play because nuclear nations understand the consequences of that. We've been in far more serious nuclear brinkmanship situations during the cold war, but reason always prevails. The existence of nuclear weapons is unfortunate, and perhaps they will spell the end of humanity eventually (my guess would be due to a mistake not an intentional deployment), but they have also largely served the purpose of deterring wider international conflicts. The United States has second strike capability, meaning if anyone were to hit us with a nuke, we'd still have enough weapons and people around to hit them back. So, why would anyone do that??

Nations are by and large rational actors. Their actions may seem irrational to us, but they are not in the business of doing things that will end with their own destruction. Using a nuclear weapon is the one thing every nation knows would end in that result.

It's certainly possible that this conflict will expand in the region, the U.S. will probably keep doing stupid things like sending more and more people weapons and money. I doubt we'll send troops anywhere any time soon, but even if we did, that would not affect your personal day to day life.

One of the things I can always read from between the lines of America's responses to these things is their very calculated decisions not to specifically blame or target anyone that might put us in a position to respond to something we don't want to. You could see it when a missile hit Poland in the early days of the Ukraine war and the U.S. was like - HOLD ON - WAIT A SEC - THAT WASN'T RUSSIA GUYS - WE'RE ALL GOOD!!

And early on in this conflict when the U.S. was very quick to clarify that there was no evidence that Iran had been involved in the initial Hamas attack.

I know a lot has changed and evolved since then, but it's evident to me that the United States is really not interested in getting involved in a broader conflict. Just look at our response so far - funding. We had the president give an oval office address about giving financial aid to our allies. Imagine what that address would have looked like in the 1960s.

And, I know it's not helpful to you, but at the end of the day there is nothing you can do about this. Unless there is really nuclear exchange, a world war is not going to affect you. No one is going to invade the United States. Perhaps there could be another terrorist attack, but I presume our intel folks are on high alert for that.

Also, there is always so much more going on behind the scenes than we will ever know. I have a masters degree in intelligence and national security, so I'm not just talking out of my butt. Look at the Cuban Missile Crisis, for example. To the public, the US was about to be attack by nuclear weapons. But, behind the scenes, Kennedy was talking to Khrushchev and he sent his brother to have a secret meeting with the Soviet foreign minister to broker a deal that ended the crisis. No on in America was aware of this for many, many years because it was classified.

You've mentioned the issue of how public war is now as a reason to think it's MORE likely to escalate, but I would posit the opposite. In the past, governments could engage in all kinds of risky moves without the public having any idea what was happening. If you lived in America, you would have no idea what was happening in Israel. But, today, with the horror on our TV screens all day, every day, the ability for nations to escalate conflicts and cause more horror would be muted by public outcry. Americans don't want to be involved in a new conflict and Biden is running for reelection.

Speaking of the election - nations like Russia and China are also probably unlikely to start anything when the future American president is about to be up for grabs. Say what you will about Trump (and I have), but he's a loose canon and no world leader is going to want to do anything funny when there's the possibility he could be back at the reigns.

In short. We probably won't have a nuclear war. Stop reading the news.This helps a lot, thank you for your insight.

Lencoboy
01-11-23, 19:11
Trust me when I say, I don't have a agenda here :( I'm just scared is all, I most definitely don't wana be right about any of this.

Perhaps I was a little harsh, for which I apologise.

Lencoboy
01-11-23, 19:19

In short. We probably won't have a nuclear war. Stop reading the news.

Very wise words Erin.

What also should be acknowledged is those providing humanitarian aid to those most severely affected in said region right now, which certainly does not amount to a WW3, in fact far from it.

But of course many still like to overplay all things Armageddon concerning this conflict, justified or not.

Like I already said upthread, they've been there before with Ukraine, Covid, North Korea, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, 9/11, you name it, and we're still here to tell the stories.

fma11122345
05-11-23, 14:29
So, iv been doing my best to try and stay away from the news for the past few days and its been more or less working. But this morning things got pretty bad, a minister from Israel commented on the use of a nuclear attack and said "it was a option" he was suspended from his post and the prim minister/head of the Idf slammed him for saying such things and out right told the world something of that magnitude would not happen. But the damage was done, several other country's have alrady slammed Israel for the comment. My fears is this will start some kinda cold war effect, with other super powers threatening to do the same if Israel doesn't stop this war. Secondly, Iran has out right theaeted the west, telling us if Washington dose not stop this war that we will be "hit hard" if we don't comply. That's very concerning and sounds like a planned attack, if not directly then some kinda terror attack that will set off a new 911 type war. Thirdly, blinken has been going all around the middle east since Friday and has failed to spin his naritive that this massive killing of wemon and children is "self defense" and global rage is building against all nations that don't support a cesfire.

Lencoboy
05-11-23, 14:43
So, iv been doing my best to try and stay away from the news for the past few days and its been more or less working. But this morning things got pretty bad, a minister from Israel commented on the use of a nuclear attack and said "it was a option" he was suspended from his post and the prim minister/head of the Idf slammed him for saying such things and out right told the world something of that magnitude would not happen. But the damage was done, several other country's have alrady slammed Israel for the comment. My fears is this will start some kinda cold war effect, with other super powers threatening to do the same if Israel doesn't stop this war. Secondly, Iran has out right theaeted the west, telling us if Washington dose not stop this war that we will be "hit hard" if we don't comply. That's very concerning and sounds like a planned attack, if not directly then some kinda terror attack that will set off a new 911 type war. Thirdly, blinken has been going all around the middle east since Friday and has failed to spin his naritive that this massive killing of wemon and children is "self defense" and global rage is building against all nations that don't support a cesfire.

Sounds like an epic bluffing and willy-waving competition to me.

Remember a lot of these so-called 'leaders' allegedly doing all the sabre-rattling right now are mostly all talk, but are probably too coward-like to actually do anything mega drastic such as fire nukes willy-nilly. All just trying to sound and look 'ard.

But I do sadly think there are certain elements of society who are gagging for something to happen, be it a world war, a second 'Great Depression' or 'Global Financial Crisis', another Covid-like 'pandemic', you name it, if only so they can say 'I told you so' and because they revel in the excitement of it all!

Ditto for the Ukraine thing last year, which barely seems to be getting a look in by the media of late.

Lencoboy
05-11-23, 17:31
What I personally find concerning both right now and over recent years in general is the 'reactionary' culture, especially as it was revealed yesterday that reported anti-Semitic hate crimes in the UK have increased significantly since all this in the Middle East first kicked off on 7th October.

It does seem that certain factions of society, especially certain elements of the far-Right seem to revel in making 'scapegoats' and 'folk devils' out of specific groups within society, and Jews seem to be the latest in a long line of them right now, despite the fact that many currently being targeted and harassed in this country are innocent and wish to live peacefully alongside the rest of society with no intention of causing chaos whatsoever.

Last year it was Russians, in 2020 it was Chinese people and 5G masts (early Covid), then Black people (by racists) and statues/monuments (all during the BLM thing, also in 2020), a few years ago during the height of the ISIS thing it was Asians and mosques, and before all that (especially during the Global Financial Crisis) it was people with disabilities and 'foreigners' in general.

Plus of course our media certainly have a lot to answer for by hyping up a lot of this madness all the more in pursuit of profit/clicks, and indeed exploiting the gullible and disenfranchised of our society by brainwashing them into such irrational hatred of specific groups within society of whom in most cases probably hardly ever directly impact adversely upon their normal day-to-day lives.

spectrum123
06-11-23, 08:46
It's the far left fueling the antisemitism, not helped by the political left not being decisive on the subject.

fma11122345
06-11-23, 13:31
Day two of nuclear escalation:

"Israel hails US nuclear submarine deployment as providing deterrence

The Israeli army has welcomed the deployment of a US nuclear missile submarine in the region.
The announcement of the submarine was made on Sunday and is widely seen as a bid by Washington to prevent the spread of the Gaza war to other fronts.
“It’s always good news to see that the Americans are moving in more assets,” military spokesperson Lieutenant-Colonel Richard Hecht told reporters.
“We see this as sort of a deterring, stabilising factor in the region,” he added"

Looks like the use of nukes aren't to far fetched now.

Lencoboy
06-11-23, 13:35
It's the far left fueling the antisemitism, not helped by the political left not being decisive on the subject.

So it's all Starmer's fault then?

I thought he had attempted to thrash out a lot of the alleged anti-Semitism stuff, since he took over as Labour leader, plus Labour still remain ahead in the opinion polls and there's still no signs of them slumping due to all of this as yet; in fact, according to the latest on Wikipedia (as of last night) Labour are still actually gaining in the overall opinion polls, despite the odd minute up-and-down ticks.

Surely anti-Semitism also exists within the Tory Party but that seems to pass unnoticed simply because it's become Labour's serial 'stereotype'.

spectrum123
06-11-23, 19:21
Read what I wrote. The issue is the far left, they have had an issue with the Jews and the state of Israel for over half a century.

Labour did have a major issue with anti semitic rumbling. Sir Keir did address the problem, but should be distancing himself and the party from the current trouble, saying nothing does not help.

Labour may well win the next election, I was not speculating on that, neither was that the topic being discussed.

You need to understand Jewish culture to understand why the tories will have less anti semitic problems.

fma11122345
12-11-23, 18:34
I've been doing ok for the last couple of days, but recent advances on the southern border has me concerned that this could grow into a bigger war. As well as Israel attacking al-shifa causing much more tension from the world and the massively growing call from the world (now including western country's) for a cesfire. But then again you have the republican front runners talking about ww3 (trump) and war with Iran. My question is, how do you guys stay claim during such a stressful time? I'm good for a few days and then a big development happens and I'm back to feeling like a wreck and hopeless. I pray the meeting with China goes well this week, so will attest be safe on that front.

Fishmanpa
12-11-23, 20:29
My question is, how do you guys stay claim during such a stressful time?

By purposely and intentionally not following every detail and development in the news. Pretty simple actually. No different than not consulting Dr. Google for every niggle.

FMP

nomorepanic
12-11-23, 23:09
I agree with FMP - I don't watch the news or google anything.

There is enough going on in my own personal life without adding to the stress.

You just need to stop obsessing over it as you cannot change anything.

missfishlash
14-11-23, 21:47
I have literally stopped watching the news since way before Covid....cant do with the stress and you never really get the full picture from our media anyway. Cant see the point in getting anxious about something I can do nothing about

Lencoboy
14-11-23, 22:32
I've been doing ok for the last couple of days, but recent advances on the southern border has me concerned that this could grow into a bigger war. As well as Israel attacking al-shifa causing much more tension from the world and the massively growing call from the world (now including western country's) for a cesfire. But then again you have the republican front runners talking about ww3 (trump) and war with Iran. My question is, how do you guys stay claim during such a stressful time? I'm good for a few days and then a big development happens and I'm back to feeling like a wreck and hopeless. I pray the meeting with China goes well this week, so will attest be safe on that front.

Surely Trump is just bluffing and trying to look/sound 'ard as per usual.

Seriously, I can't imagine how any sane person would now support that loser, especially with a lot of what's allegedly coming out in the wash of late. And let alone all the chaos and disorder he allegedly perpetrated at the Capitol in January 2021.

fma11122345
14-11-23, 22:44
Welp, the us has agreed with Israel that there's a make believe base off terror underneath the largest hospital in Gaza without a shared of evidence proving otherwise. Just trust me bro, that's it. This gives Israel a green light to attack the hospital directly, killing 20,000 people who are hiding inside. Not only that, but there was more talks of today that Russia hade something to do with the October 7th attack. Just to get the middle east to hate the west and undermine the world order. This really is the start of would war 3.

nomorepanic
14-11-23, 22:52
:wall:

fma11122345
15-11-23, 12:24
Looks like there was no base under the hospital after all, the us just lied so Israel could commit yet another dozen war crimes against gaza and its people in the form of a raid. There's no way this doesn't blow back on us for our "intelligence", we basically gave them the green light to do this, and it was all a lie.

Fishmanpa
15-11-23, 13:02
Looks like there was no base under the hospital after all, the us just lied so Israel could commit yet another dozen war crimes against gaza and its people in the form of a raid. There's no way this doesn't blow back on us for our "intelligence", we basically gave them the green light to do this, and it was all a lie.

My question is, how do you guys stay claim during such a stressful time?

By purposely and intentionally not following every detail and development in the news. Pretty simple actually. No different than not consulting Dr. Google for every niggle.

FMP

fma11122345
16-11-23, 16:53
Some fantastic things have happend in the last day. The un voted on a resolution to help end the war in Gaza, the talks with China went fantastic. Biden did shot himself in the foot a bit by referring to xi as a dictator. But all and all it was good, I finally felt like I could relax. But that all changed this morning, Russian said its ties with the us are hanging by a theard and are at risk to be cut at any moment. This sent me into a tale spin and I was freaking out bad, hours after there was news of a new nuclear missile that the Russias installed (there is proof of this) called the avnagrd. The only missile of its kind, which can move at 27 the times of the speed of sound, and once launched could hit multiple country's at once. Russia openly threatened the west with it two hour's ago. Claiming it could not be shot down and was unstoppable. Nuclear war is around the corner, and we will surely lose before it even starts.

.Poppy.
16-11-23, 17:22
No one wins with nuclear war, and I think the powers that be are aware of that. It's all talk.

At least when people are bombing and shooting at each other, there is something left to be gained. If they turn to nuclear weapons, there won't be anything left and the aftermath would be a threat to them and their own people in addition to those they've targeted, and they are well aware of that.

Sparkling_Fairy
16-11-23, 18:18
Dude seriously, what the hell?
Putin has been threatening with nuclear weapons since the start of the Ukraine war 1,5 years ago. Why are you suddenly so afraid of this now?
One war seems to be easing up, and you're now obsessing over another?
I don't know where you're getting your news from, but you're clearly looking for it. Here in Europe I can't find any of that on the regular news sites.
If that's how you want to spend your life, that's on you. Sure it scares me sometimes too, but there is zero I can do about it because I don't control these people. And like Poppy said, nuclear war is in no one's interest. I find it fascinating that you can get so wrapped up in this

fma11122345
16-11-23, 19:27
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/putin-threatens-use-new-20000mph-31455989.amp

This is where I've seen it, just because its not on major new sights yet doesn't mean it's not ture. This is a different beast of a missile all together.

fma11122345
16-11-23, 19:38
No one wins with nuclear war, and I think the powers that be are aware of that. It's all talk.

At least when people are bombing and shooting at each other, there is something left to be gained. If they turn to nuclear weapons, there won't be anything left and the aftermath would be a threat to them and their own people in addition to those they've targeted, and they are well aware of that.I don't think it would be much of a war, this new missile has the ability to launch into the atmosphere and launch nucks at several country's at once. It would cripple the us, paris, the uk, basically anyone who could hit Russia back just as hard. On top of all that, Russia has pulled out of the nuclear test treaty and a cold war treaty all in the same month. It seems like they are planing something, and something huge.

.Poppy.
16-11-23, 19:50
And then what would Russia do?

They wouldn't be able to take the land, because everything in the country (and likely surrounding countries) would now be poisoned. Even travelling to those places would be a major health risk for decades​.

And with the way the economy is entwined globally, taking out those countries would bring on a massive worldwide depression and likely a famine as well.

So they take us out, just to die a slow death themselves? I really do think they are smarter than that.

fma11122345
16-11-23, 20:15
And then what would Russia do?

They wouldn't be able to take the land, because everything in the country (and likely surrounding countries) would now be poisoned. Even travelling to those places would be a major health risk for decades​.

And with the way the economy is entwined globally, taking out those countries would bring on a massive worldwide depression and likely a famine as well.

So they take us out, just to die a slow death themselves? I really do think they are smarter than that.I could see them just being happy to take the western control of the world off the map. This way they would be unopposed as the most powerful country in the world. This way they could set up its "new world order". Basically fallow us as the new superpower of the world, or fall like the western country's did. Yes, russin would suffer for a time, but with the rest of the world in line with it they might pull through. Which might be a risk they are willing to take. China would be its biggest problem, since it to is a nuclear super power. And seeing russin let loss on the west might have them start to attack, even tho they have close ties. But China doesn't have the nuclear might russin has, so even them might not be enough to stop this war.

Fishmanpa
16-11-23, 20:25
If Russia did something like what you're speaking of, they would die too! The fallout from taking out major powers will destroy the earth as we know it. I'm sorry you cannot heed the advice here but you're 1000% catastrophizing and doing this to yourself. Regardless of what you believe or fear but there's nothing you or I can do about it anyway so take this as an opportunity to enjoy every day and think...

Positive thoughts

FMP

fma11122345
16-11-23, 20:35
If Russia did something like what you're speaking of, they would die too! The fallout from taking out major powers will destroy the earth as we know it. I'm sorry you cannot heed the advice here but you're 1000% catastrophizing and doing this to your self. Regardless of what you believe or fear but there's nothing you or I can do about it anyway so take this as an opportunity to enjoy every day and think...

Positive thoughts

FMPSadly, I'm not doing this to myself. There are plenty of articles out there over the last few months about all of this. This is something that's happening, its not just in my head.

MyNameIsTerry
17-11-23, 03:40
I don't think it would be much of a war, this new missile has the ability to launch into the atmosphere and launch nucks at several country's at once. It would cripple the us, paris, the uk, basically anyone who could hit Russia back just as hard. On top of all that, Russia has pulled out of the nuclear test treaty and a cold war treaty all in the same month. It seems like they are planing something, and something huge.

But how do you think that will prevent us flattening Russia from our subs? To prevent that they would have to target every sub and destroy it in a co ordinated attack before we push the button on them. Sub commanders have their orders already and can fire without higher command at their own discretion.

That was the point of these programmes and it changed a lot.

Now anxiety can twist everything I've just said and everything else into the scenario you want it to be. But that doesn't make it reality.

If you are reading sources saying Russia could take us all out with any new tech and we couldn't destroy them then they are not credible.

WW3 would flatten the stock market. We would all go back to older days where resources were the only thing that mattered. Money would be worthless and any rich person who doesn't have it in physical goods that people need would be penniless too. Now Russia has a fine history of bloody revolution so I would expect when the poor all starve they will start taking those mansions and executing the rich.

fma11122345
17-11-23, 03:48
But how do you think that will prevent us flattening Russia from our subs? To prevent that they would have to target every sub and destroy it in a co ordinated attack before we push the button on them. Sub commanders have their orders already and can fire without higher command at their own discretion.

That was the point of these programmes and it changed a lot.

Now anxiety can twist everything I've just said and everything else into the scenario you want it to be. But that doesn't make it reality.

If you are reading sources saying Russia could take us all out with any new tech and we couldn't destroy them then they are not credible.

WW3 would flatten the stock market. We would all go back to older days where resources were the only thing that mattered. Money would be worthless and any rich person who doesn't have it in physical goods that people need would be penniless too. Now Russia has a fine history of bloody revolution so I would expect when the poor all starve they will start taking those mansions and executing the rich.I didn't think about the subs tbh..I guess that would be a good second strike option. And yes, anywhere iv found the article about this new missile said its impossible to shot down as thats its whole reason to exist. I left a link above to one of the articles.

MyNameIsTerry
18-11-23, 03:27
I didn't think about the subs tbh..I guess that would be a good second strike option. And yes, anywhere iv found the article about this new missile said its impossible to shot down as thats its whole reason to exist. I left a link above to one of the articles.

So, if Russia have the new (hypersonic?) missiles which I've seen in the news a while back how does it change anything? They can't be shot down, so we get nuked. But we can launch our offensive from both land & sea so bye bye Russia. Surely the only difference is our defence becomes worthless? But that takes us back to the original point of nuclear weapons which was deterrent and why we had the Cold War.

Why would the Russian government all want to die? They country would be dead so which country is going to house them? And even if they tried that their own people would be hanging them from lamp posts or shooting them before they managed to escape. All those soldiers aren't going to help them escape and any that did would just shoot them at the other end once their bosses had massacred all their families through a death cult tactic.

Russia wants to survive.

fma11122345
18-11-23, 04:01
So, if Russia have the new (hypersonic?) missiles which I've seen in the news a while back how does it change anything? They can't be shot down, so we get nuked. But we can launch our offensive from both land & sea so bye bye Russia. Surely the only difference is our defence becomes worthless? But that takes us back to the original point of nuclear weapons which was deterrent and why we had the Cold War.

Why would the Russian government all want to die? They country would be dead so which country is going to house them? And even if they tried that their own people would be hanging them from lamp posts or shooting them before they managed to escape. All those soldiers aren't going to help them escape and any that did would just shoot them at the other end once their bosses had massacred all their families through a death cult tactic.

Russia wants to survive.You have a point, I just don't understand why Russia always seems to be treating to use nukes if they have no interest in useing such things. Any time I turn my head Russia is treating some kinda counter attack on the western country's. At what point does it become more then a threat?

MyNameIsTerry
18-11-23, 12:57
You have a point, I just don't understand why Russia always seems to be treating to use nukes if they have no interest in useing such things. Any time I turn my head Russia is treating some kinda counter attack on the western country's. At what point does it become more then a threat?

There you go, you are challenging your fear by saying this. That's important.

I understand how its confusing because Putin and his allies have warned us multiple times over Ukraine. Each time they have failed to act when we have continued with our support. Our leaders and their experts know the different between idle and real threats but it's much harder for the public and much more so if your anxiety disorder latches on to it.

One thing I learned with my anxiety is there is so much you can tackle head on with CBT style challenging but sometimes it just doesn't seem to do anything. In this case I learned to change my strategy to reduce my overall levels of anxiety. This can mean finding whatever works to reduce the hormones your body is ramping up. That might mean exercise or things that distract you.

Once overall levels of anxiety reduce you will find you have a greater chance of talking yourself out of your fears.

This is why people say stop engaging in a spiral of information relating to your fears context. Break the cycle, see anxiety reduce and then you will feel more in control. Initially this can be hard because you will have overwhelming urges to seek out your obsession. That's just the classic obsessive-compulsive cycle. So in this early stage you try to distract yourself, fill your time, burn off the stress chemicals, etc. Once you get past that point you may be ready for more challenging of a fear where you can be more rational in weighing up evidence to reframe a conclusion which you may be struggling with at the moment (but remember you have just challenged in a rational way in your previous post so you are making positive moves).

Your fear wants a negative response to reinforce itself. Keep giving it a wall of positive or neutral feedback and your subconscious learns not to fear something. But it's very hard and takes time. We understand this, we just want you to make that move to pull yourself out.

fma11122345
18-11-23, 14:58
There you go, you are challenging your fear by saying this. That's important.

I understand how its confusing because Putin and his allies have warned us multiple times over Ukraine. Each time they have failed to act when we have continued with our support. Our leaders and their experts know the different between idle and real threats but it's much harder for the public and much more so if your anxiety disorder latches on to it.

One thing I learned with my anxiety is there is so much you can tackle head on with CBT style challenging but sometimes it just doesn't seem to do anything. In this case I learned to change my strategy to reduce my overall levels of anxiety. This can mean finding whatever works to reduce the hormones your body is ramping up. That might mean exercise or things that distract you.

Once overall levels of anxiety reduce you will find you have a greater chance of talking yourself out of your fears.

This is why people say stop engaging in a spiral of information relating to your fears context. Break the cycle, see anxiety reduce and then you will feel more in control. Initially this can be hard because you will have overwhelming urges to seek out your obsession. That's just the classic obsessive-compulsive cycle. So in this early stage you try to distract yourself, fill your time, burn off the stress chemicals, etc. Once you get past that point you may be ready for more challenging of a fear where you can be more rational in weighing up evidence to reframe a conclusion which you may be struggling with at the moment (but remember you have just challenged in a rational way in your previous post so you are making positive moves).

Your fear wants a negative response to reinforce itself. Keep giving it a wall of positive or neutral feedback and your subconscious learns not to fear something. But it's very hard and takes time. We understand this, we just want you to make that move to pull yourself out.Its so incredibly hard not to seek out this kinda information [emoji53] I feel as if I try and go back to normal and get put of this head space I might miss something majorly important and not be prepared. Just because I wanted to "relax". As I said in the post above, I felt wonderful the other day once the talks with China went well and the un finally got off its ass to do something about gaza (even though Israel is still not listing) and i felt like I could start to heal and go back to normal. But the very next day the missile was loaded into the silo, and that made me look more into the russin war, which I was currently ignoring. Now I see all these threats about nucking the west, going back almost a year. "There will be no chance of survival" "if russin losses the war it would trigger a nuclear war", "the west/USA is our ture enemy" and even this morning one of his mouthpieces said that nuclear war is unavoidable, and said they would start ww3.

BlueIris
18-11-23, 16:48
Realistically, even if it happens (which it won't) how are you going to prepare?

fma11122345
18-11-23, 17:26
Realistically, even if it happens (which it won't) how are you going to prepare?That really wasn't helpful whatsoever [emoji53]

BlueIris
18-11-23, 17:31
You said you were worried you might not be able to be prepared, I'm just pointing out that this isn't something you can prepare for.

It's like my cancer fears, obsessive checking and reading won't help, it just keeps the fears alive in my mind. That's why it's important to gently remind myself to stop.

In order to deal with the terror that's gripping you, you need to acknowledge the illogicality of it.

fma11122345
18-11-23, 17:39
You said you were worried you might not be able to be prepared, I'm just pointing out that this isn't something you can prepare for.

It's like my cancer fears, obsessive checking and reading won't help, it just keeps the fears alive in my mind. That's why it's important to gently remind myself to stop.

In order to deal with the terror that's gripping you, you need to acknowledge the illogicality of it.I highly agree that a lot of this could be irrational thinking and just my anxiety running rampant, but this feels different then health anxiety. That's completely something that might happen, no one can control that. But the threat of nuclear war is something that can be controlled, by Putin and his country, whom wants to be the new worlds super power of the world. I feel like he doesn't care what kinda damage this would do to the world and what other countries would think about him or Russia, as long as he gets what he wants. And that's power.

BlueIris
18-11-23, 17:51
Again, you're fanning your own flames. I know it's different, anxiety is always different when it's your own. Like I say, I've been there.

You need to accept your irrational thoughts and let them pass.

Lencoboy
18-11-23, 18:01

In order to deal with the terror that's gripping you, you need to acknowledge the illogicality of it.

Absolutely BI.

If 'nukes' were so exchanged we probably wouldn't even know about it as we would all basically be goners in no time whatsoever.

I've been trying my hardest not to get too emotionally embroiled in all of this myself, plus I'm also of the opinion that the very term 'WW3' itself has now become so milked to death and used to 'cry wolf' with so many times over various hypothetical events over the past 20-odd years or so that never even seemed to materialise (especially since 9/11); many of which have largely been more in the interests of selling papers, gaining 'clicks', etc, rather than due to any true credible threats, which like I just said, cheapens and trivialises the whole thing.

Yes we should be vigilant within reason, but certain individuals (including journalists) should ultimately tread more carefully with whatever language they use without being too over-reliant on 'shock' value.

fma11122345
18-11-23, 18:48
Absolutely BI.

If 'nukes' were so exchanged we probably wouldn't even know about it as we would all basically be goners in no time whatsoever.

I've been trying my hardest not to get too emotionally embroiled in all of this myself, plus I'm also of the opinion that the very term 'WW3' itself has now become so milked to death and used to 'cry wolf' with so many times over various hypothetical events over the past 20-odd years or so that never even seemed to materialise (especially since 9/11); many of which have largely been more in the interests of selling papers, gaining 'clicks', etc, rather than due to any true credible threats, which like I just said, cheapens and trivialises the whole thing.

Yes we should be vigilant within reason, but certain individuals (including journalists) should ultimately tread more carefully with whatever language they use without being too over-reliant on 'shock' value.So I should just be grateful waking up each day that Russia didn't decide to take that step to wipe out my country, wife and daughter? Thats not a life i wana live. This intense fear is eating me alive..

fma11122345
18-11-23, 18:51
Again, you're fanning your own flames. I know it's different, anxiety is always different when it's your own. Like I say, I've been there.

You need to accept your irrational thoughts and let them pass.Thats the problem here, I don't feel like this is irrational, this feels way more real then anything I've ever felt with my own health anxiety. This is the real world, with mad men that can end it all if he's feeling so inclined to do so that day.

Lencoboy
18-11-23, 19:28
So I should just be grateful waking up each day that Russia didn't decide to take that step to wipe out my country, wife and daughter? Thats not a life i wana live. This intense fear is eating me alive..

How about being far more likely to get run over by a bus?

BlueIris
18-11-23, 19:44
How about being far more likely to get run over by a bus?

Absolutely. Or cancer ;) Cancer's another big one. One way or another, we're all dying, it's about the journey and not the destination.

Lencoboy
18-11-23, 19:58
Absolutely. Or cancer ;) Cancer's another big one. One way or another, we're all dying, it's about the journey and not the destination.

Exactly my point; there's always going to be something or other that could potentially kill or harm us at any time on a daily basis, most of which the vast majority don't even give as much as a second thought to most of the time.

fma11122345
18-11-23, 20:17
Absolutely. Or cancer ;) Cancer's another big one. One way or another, we're all dying, it's about the journey and not the destination.You guys have a good point, yes I can't control any of this. But it's like I'm obsessed with the news. Like I've said, I feel like if I stop paying attention to it it'll turn bad and it'll all be over. I know its irrational, but that's anxiety. And I can't seem to get this monkey off my back. I know Russia would be hurt, maybe not as bad as we would be, but they still would be hurt. I just feel like that would be a risk they'd be will to take to get ride of the west/us

BlueIris
18-11-23, 20:28
You can't change world events, but you can work on your anxiety. Wean yourself off the news, your reaction to it is irrational and only brings you pain.

Fishmanpa
18-11-23, 22:33
You can't change world events, but you can work on your anxiety. Wean yourself off the news, your reaction to it is irrational and only brings you pain.

Been saying that since the get go of this thread :whistles:

FMP

BlueIris
19-11-23, 04:54
Been saying that since the get go of this thread :whistles:

FMP

It's frustrating, FMP, I'm currently dragging myself out of a health anxiety jag, but when I try to explain to people what actually works there's always reasons it's different for them. It was different for me, once, too, but then I decided I wanted to get better.

MyNameIsTerry
19-11-23, 08:01
Its so incredibly hard not to seek out this kinda information [emoji53] I feel as if I try and go back to normal and get put of this head space I might miss something majorly important and not be prepared. Just because I wanted to "relax". As I said in the post above, I felt wonderful the other day once the talks with China went well and the un finally got off its ass to do something about gaza (even though Israel is still not listing) and i felt like I could start to heal and go back to normal. But the very next day the missile was loaded into the silo, and that made me look more into the russin war, which I was currently ignoring. Now I see all these threats about nucking the west, going back almost a year. "There will be no chance of survival" "if russin losses the war it would trigger a nuclear war", "the west/USA is our ture enemy" and even this morning one of his mouthpieces said that nuclear war is unavoidable, and said they would start ww3.

Yeah, his mouthpieces keep threatening. No ones listens, we carry and they threaten again. That should tell us something? You've got to remember these people run countries and want to live. There is more chance of a nuke launching from some fanatical religious country but even then you will find the heads of such organisations tend to let their foot soldiers become martyrs whilst they enjoy their money.

Forget the subject, look for the similarity in pattern. You mentioned this seems more rational than your HA but can't you see how the same patterns are taking place? You say this is because it's a possibility but then so is being run over by Lenco's bus. Are you obsessing over that? Are you obsessing over you being shot or stabbed because the odds of that are much higher than death from nuclear war.

In the event of nuclear war you're either dead, dying or living in the ashes. But no matter what, it's out of your control. Are you marching, lobbying, picking up a gun? If not how can you do anything? It reminds me of school in the 80s. We were taught about preserving water and supplies in a shelter. We all said what was the point.

Lencoboy
19-11-23, 08:31
Yeah, his mouthpieces keep threatening. No ones listens, we carry and they threaten again. That should tell us something? You've got to remember these people run countries and want to live. There is more chance of a nuke launching from some fanatical religious country but even then you will find the heads of such organisations tend to let their foot soldiers become martyrs whilst they enjoy their money.

Forget the subject, look for the similarity in pattern. You mentioned this seems more rational than your HA but can't you see how the same patterns are taking place? You say this is because it's a possibility but then so is being run over by Lenco's bus. Are you obsessing over that? Are you obsessing over you being shot or stabbed because the odds of that are much higher than death from nuclear war.

In the event of nuclear war you're either dead, dying or living in the ashes. But no matter what, it's out of your control. Are you marching, lobbying, picking up a gun? If not how can you do anything? It reminds me of school in the 80s. We were taught about preserving water and supplies in a shelter. We all said what was the point.

I bet you were shown those 'Protect and Survive' brochures in class and probably also shown the dreaded PIFs of the time played from a VHS or Betamax tape through one of those big hulking TV sets wheeled into the classroom on a tall stand.

All rather quaint now, but my god, I do remember being shown some stuff, especially during PSE lessons that was rather shocking at times, including the ITV docudrama 'Starting Out' and certain episodes of BBC's 'Scene', etc (though that's for another thread to discuss more in-depth), but never 'P & S' nor anything else to do with the Cold War at the time.

MyNameIsTerry
19-11-23, 08:42
I bet you were shown those 'Protect and Survive' brochures in class and probably also shown the dreaded PIFs of the time played from a VHS or Betamax tape through one of those big hulking TV sets wheeled into the classroom on a tall stand.

All rather quaint now, but my god, I do remember being shown some stuff, especially during PSE lessons that was rather shocking at times, including the ITV docudrama 'Starting Out' and certain episodes of BBC's 'Scene', etc (though that's for another thread to discuss more in-depth), but never 'P & S' nor anything else to do with the Cold War at the time.

I can't remember if we watched anything. It was more reading material. A video in a secondary comp, I think we only had one. It would have been around 1988 when we were talked through nuclear survival.

What was the big thing missing? The part about surviving in a Mad Max style society. Watching the Walking Dead would be more accurate given how we would all turn on each other (the zombies are less unscrupulous than the survivors).

Lencoboy
19-11-23, 09:54
I can't remember if we watched anything. It was more reading material. A video in a secondary comp, I think we only had one. It would have been around 1988 when we were talked through nuclear survival.

What was the big thing missing? The part about surviving in a Mad Max style society. Watching the Walking Dead would be more accurate given how we would all turn on each other (the zombies are less unscrupulous than the survivors).

I could very well be wrong but I thought that the worst of the nuke threat had passed by 88 or so, especially as Gorbachev assumed presidency of the (then) USSR 3 years earlier in 85, and there were allegedly (at the very least) peace talks going on in order to try to resolve the issue at the time, though of course that particular Cold War wasn't officially declared over until after 89 when the Berlin Wall had finally come down.

But then again, I was still largely naive about and indifferent towards most things in the news and many issues in general back then at the age of 10 1/2 to 11 1/2, which spanned the entire calendar year of 88. Heck, even the Lockerbie tragedy at the end of 88 mostly seemed to pass me by at the time, and whenever I heard or saw planes flying overhead it still never even occurred to me (sorry to trigger anyone).

Mind you, that was still before the advent of the Internet, social media, 24/7 rolling news channels and also when we were seemingly still a less hysterical and more laid-back society in general.

However, a lot of that started to change dramatically as the 90s wore on, as you surely already know.

fma11122345
19-11-23, 17:29

In the event of nuclear war you're either dead, dying or living in the ashes. But no matter what, it's out of your control. Are you marching, lobbying, picking up a gun? If not how can you do anything? It reminds me of school in the 80s. We were taught about preserving water and supplies in a shelter. We all said what was the point."No chance of survival" was by putin himself, "if we loss this could trigger nuclear war" was said by his defense secretary and backed by their version of the white house. And "the us is our ture enemy" was also said by putin. There have been dozens of times on the last two years that he's threatened the usa with force/nukes, and what dose our commander and chief do? Say how we're not backing down in a open letter last night, saying how putin is a danger to democracy and the world. He did emphasize that the army would not take up arms against Russia against this war, but still. Its enough to get our asses nuked just because we can't mind our own business.

BlueIris
19-11-23, 17:37
So you're okay with the bloodbath in the Ukraine?

fma11122345
19-11-23, 18:55
So you're okay with the bloodbath in the Ukraine?No, I'm not. It never should have gotten this bad, but I'm not willing to loss my life and the life of my family just because America feels the need to police the world. The same goes for Israel. Yes, 1200 people where killed. That's awful. 12000 people have been killed in Gaza, Israel has made its point. Don't **** with them, enough is enough. And now there's a 3rd war brewing in the Baltic's. A coincidence? Highly doubtful. Everyone of theses countrys have one thing in common. Russia.

Lencoboy
19-11-23, 19:25
No, I'm not. It never should have gotten this bad, but I'm not willing to loss my life and the life of my family just because America feels the need to police the world. The same goes for Israel. Yes, 1200 people where killed. That's awful. 12000 people have been killed in Gaza, Israel has made its point. Don't **** with them, enough is enough. And now there's a 3rd war brewing in the Baltic's. A coincidence? Highly doubtful. Everyone of theses countrys have one thing in common. Russia.

Well my dad watches either our BBC News channel or the Sky News more or less every day and neither have mentioned anything about a WW3 being imminent, nor have they said anything about an Armageddon of any kind being imminent. Heck, even Monsieur Putin and his dubious antics have barely been given a look in by our media over recent weeks, unless you're now suspecting our media of 'playing down' the threats pertaining to Putin and Co and the imminent threats of a Third World War?

Fishmanpa
19-11-23, 19:30
13 pages of this now. The same thing is being said over and over. The OP will not and apparently cannot refrain from feeding this dragon. Nothing said can quell or resolve the dragon's hunger here. It's up to the OP to do so :shrug:

FMP

Lencoboy
19-11-23, 22:48
13 pages of this now. The same thing is being said over and over. The OP will not and apparently cannot refrain from feeding this dragon. Nothing said can quell or resolve the dragon's hunger here. It's up to the OP to do so :shrug:

FMP

Seconded. Indulging in a bit too much 'doomscrolling' and indeed 'clutching at straws' methinks.

I personally feel compassion fatigue now starting to set in.

fma11122345
20-11-23, 01:28
Seconded. Indulging in a bit too much 'doomscrolling' and indeed 'clutching at straws' methinks.

I personally feel compassion fatigue now starting to set in.I apologize, [emoji17] it was never my intent to make any of you guys feel this way. I know this is irrational, it just feels so incredibly real to me. I come on here to vent, its helped here and there. But its never enough to get me fully calmed down as something just as scarry happens the nexts day. I know I can't control this, but my brain is telling me "stay vigilant, or else" i know its no way to live and I need to get on with my life.

fma11122345
20-11-23, 14:09
Vladimir Putin will set out Russia’s view of the “deeply unstable world situation” in a shock G20 speech this week, the Kremlin has said"

This is kinda scarry, along with the fact the head of nato believes russin was behind the tension in the west blatics, calling them a "malign foreign interference". I strongly feel like they were behind the October 7th attack as well.

Lencoboy
20-11-23, 14:45
I strongly feel like they were behind the October 7th attack as well.

But do you have any concrete proof of that or is it whay you're simply surmising yourself?

Israelis and Gazans have been warring with each other on and off for donkeys years and now Putin is suddenly the 'mastermind' behind both countries' profoundly dysfunctional states.

Seriously, Who was to blame for Israel's and Gaza's troubles before Putin?

Donald Trump?

Kim Jong-Un?

Osama bin Laden?

Colonel Gaddafi?

Saddam Hussein?

Ronald Reagan?

Margaret Thatcher?

Winston Churchill?

Adolf Hitler?

Blah, blah, blah!

fma11122345
20-11-23, 16:00
But do you have any concrete proof of that or is it whay you're simply surmising yourself?

Israelis and Gazans have been warring with each other on and off for donkeys years and now Putin is suddenly the 'mastermind' behind both countries' profoundly dysfunctional states.

Seriously, Who was to blame for Israel's and Gaza's troubles before Putin?

Donald Trump?

Kim Jong-Un?

Osama bin Laden?

Colonel Gaddafi?

Saddam Hussein?

Ronald Reagan?

Margaret Thatcher?

Winston Churchill?

Adolf Hitler?

Blah, blah, blah!I'm just putting the peices together tbh, yet another war setting up with russian intanglement? That doesn't strick you as odd? Russia wants to split focus on nato and the USA all around the world. That's what's called hybrid warfare, a Russia tactic well known throughout the years.

fma11122345
20-11-23, 19:37
https://watcher.guru/news/brics-currency-to-become-more-attractive-than-the-u-s-dollar

Welp, there went that deterrent with having to worry about the global economy if there was a world war.

spectrum123
20-11-23, 21:26
https://watcher.guru/news/brics-currency-to-become-more-attractive-than-the-u-s-dollar

Welp, there went that deterrent with having to worry about the global economy if there was a world war.

A supposed news outlet that is exclusively owned by a crypto currency gambler, runs story based on the opinion of one of Putin's former advisors.
Are you completely devoid of any level or critical thinking or common sense?

nomorepanic
20-11-23, 22:30
This is getting boring now and complete overreaction

MyNameIsTerry
20-11-23, 23:40

No currency will have any value in a world war. Paper becomes meaningless as it's what underpins currency that matters such as gold and natural resources. What will Russia trade with when we've poisoned their land and killed all their livestock and food sources? They will be an instant less than 3rd world country. Do their rich want that?

Fishmanpa
21-11-23, 00:01

100%! The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

FMP

Lencoboy
21-11-23, 09:03

Exactly. It just keeps going round in circles and I personally question whether or not some of the sites the OP is getting info from are truly getting their facts straight, especially the more 'obscure' sites that could very well be pushing OTT propaganda and possibly even spreading misinformation by preaching and pandering to the most gullible and vulnerable of our society, thus fuelling the compulsion to doomscroll all the more.

Anyway, I'm done with this thread now myself and can't be bothered to reply to it/post on it anymore, especially as my compassion fatigue is now going into overdrive.

JennPaige
21-11-23, 21:01
100%! The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

FMP

What a great resource! Thank you for sharing!

fma11122345
23-11-23, 19:36
"The Kremlin said European NATO countries posed a threat to Russia rather than the risk emanating from Moscow.
Responding to a statement by the Czech President Petr Pavel in which he noted that NATO states perceives Russia to be the number one threat to Europe, Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov said the remark was a "hysterical" reaction.
"Russia does not pose a threat to Europe. Europe poses a threat to Russia. Europe, being a U.S.-controlled continent, I mean the EU, they are the ones who participate in NATO, which is moving with all its military might towards our borders," he said Thursday, according to comments translated by NBC News.
"This is a fact that can't be disputed, it is an obvious fact. This is what poses a threat to us. This is what makes us do what we are doing now," he said in comments to state media journalist Pavel Zarubin.
Russia has repeatedly claimed that NATO's enlargement in eastern Europe in recent decades has posed a threat to its national security, without presenting evidence to back up its claims."

Very scarry since one line in the Russia use of nukes is if the future of Russia is treated they would use nuclear weapons. Source was CNBC, so not just some tabloid.

fishman65
23-11-23, 19:53
Those kinds of statements have been coming out of Russia for some time now. Nato is not threatening Russia or its future. Why would Putin want a nuclear war? He would inherit a nuclear wasteland contaminated for many decades. IF he survived a nuclear exchange. He's a bully but he's not insane, and he knows very well that a nuclear exchange would be that, insane.

You have to let this go. Do you have any hobbies?

fma11122345
23-11-23, 20:26
Those kinds of statements have been coming out of Russia for some time now. Nato is not threatening Russia or its future. Why would Putin want a nuclear war? He would inherit a nuclear wasteland contaminated for many decades. IF he survived a nuclear exchange. He's a bully but he's not insane, and he knows very well that a nuclear exchange would be that, insane.

You have to let this go. Do you have any hobbies?See, you guys tell me that, but on one hand the ground/area would be destroyed and uninhabited after a nuclear attack. But the "debunking doomsday" person whome was given to be by one of the members of the group has said that this wouldn't happen. And after a while the radiation would subside in just a few weeks. He to calls this fear of mine unfounded, and claims that Russia using a nuck is completely not going to happen, So I'm confused on who to believe, he's been a extreme help to me. But I still worry and obsess over this war. And I did, before I got this all started and made me look into the Ukraine war. Now all I do is try and spend some time with my family, work and check the news ever 5 minutes on my phone. At this point its more of a OCD fixation now, even tho I don't have OCD. And the chez president along with Poland did say some crazy things, saying stuff like russin is the biggest threat to Europe, and that Nato is "radically preparing" Which is why Russia made the comment back.

fma11122345
24-11-23, 13:26
Second day of Russia nato escalations...this one is far scarier then the last.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ca.news.yahoo.com/amphtml/kremlin-says-natos-desire-military-103305290.html

spectrum123
24-11-23, 13:55
Russia have been threatening to nuke the West since 1955, it still hasn't, and it won't due to the MAD result. Both sides do not fully understand their own let alone each others attack and defence accuracy and capability in the event of WW3, hence the stalemate continues, only rhetoric can be fired.

Fishmanpa
24-11-23, 14:08
Russia have been threatening to nuke the West since 1955, it still hasn't, and it won't due to the MAD result. Both sides do not fully understand their own let alone each others attack and defence accuracy and capability in the event of WW3, hence the stalemate continues, only rhetoric can be fired.

Exactly. At this point nothing said will pull the OP out of the rabbit hole. This is just venting. No amount of reassurance will help. It's up to FMA to do it. Good luck FMA!

FMP

fma11122345
24-11-23, 15:48
Russia have been threatening to nuke the West since 1955, it still hasn't, and it won't due to the MAD result. Both sides do not fully understand their own let alone each others attack and defence accuracy and capability in the event of WW3, hence the stalemate continues, only rhetoric can be fired.But Russia has said manny times that if the "fate of Russia" was at stake then they could use a nuclear weapon. And with nato now ramping up actives, this is a real possibility. I don't understand why people aren't upset about this kinda thing. It's byoned scarry.

Sparkling_Fairy
24-11-23, 15:53
Well all of us don't understand why you are so upset about this, so I guess we're at a stalemate.
I agree with what others have said. I think it's pointless for anyone to keep responding to this thread, as you are just spewing your thoughts at this point without any rhyme or reason.
I'm out!

fishman65
24-11-23, 17:56
I've read 'Putin's People' by Catherine Belton. It took Putin many years to climb to where he is now. Lots of devious manoeuvres, outfoxing his rivals and 'eliminating' anyone in his way. Creaming off Russia's wealth for himself and his KGB buddies. He has a huge private palace on the Black Sea that cost 100 billion rubles or 956 million US dollars to build. Apparently the conveniences have solid gold taps.

He and his KGB buddies even had their own highways built, for their personal use not for the Russian public. So Putin would be pretty stupid to start launching nukes in the sure and certain knowledge that his vast wealth would be vaporised in a retaliatory strike.

This however is my final post on this thread.

spectrum123
24-11-23, 18:36
But Russia has said manny times that if the "fate of Russia" was at stake then they could use a nuclear weapon. And with nato now ramping up actives, this is a real possibility. I don't understand why people aren't upset about this kinda thing. It's byoned scarry.

During the cold War the US mobilised 400,000 troops, and near enough 100,000 support staff to NATO countries. When you add in NATO itself, close to three quarters of a million troops, tens of thousands of tanks, thousands of fighter and strike jets were placed on Russia and it's allies door step.
I remember when the US brought in their new nuclear armed criuse missiles to the UK, they were stationed in this country to give the US and NATO the ability strike Russia with a nuclear missile Russia had no answer or defence to.

We are nowhere near the brinkmanship level we have been to before. Russia had much more hardline and trigger happy presidents then, than Putin is.

fma11122345
14-01-24, 14:08
I haven't been freaking out about Russia for a while now, but the ex president talking about how the nato country's are going to be a military target if the unkrain hits launch sights in russia. And that adding them with weapons means were party to the war. This caused me to unravel a bit, I went down the rabbit hole and found out about the s-500. A air defense system able to shot down ICBMS, wouldn't that be the end to the MAD effect? Since Russia is able to use their most powerful weapons on us but we wouldn't be able to brake their air defense with our own ICBMS?

https://www.militarytoday.com/missiles/s500.htm#:~:text=It%20was%20designed%20to%20interc ept,5%2D10%20of%20them%20simultaneously.

Lencoboy
14-01-24, 15:14
I haven't been freaking out about Russia for a while now, but the ex president talking about how the nato country's are going to be a military target if the unkrain hits launch sights in russia. And that adding them with weapons means were party to the war. This caused me to unravel a bit, I went down the rabbit hole and found out about the s-500. A air defense system able to shot down ICBMS, wouldn't that be the end to the MAD effect? Since Russia is able to use their most powerful weapons on us but we wouldn't be able to brake their air defense with our own ICBMS?

https://www.militarytoday.com/missiles/s500.htm#:~:text=It%20was%20designed%20to%20interc ept,5%2D10%20of%20them%20simultaneously.

Try taking a look at this site as a possible antidote to your concerns:

www.debunkingdoomsday.quora.com

It may also help with concerns about the Middle East situation too.

fma11122345
14-01-24, 15:19
Try taking a look at this site as a possible antidote to your concerns:

www.debunkingdoomsday.quora.comI'm good friends with Robert walker, the man who runs the sight. As I do trust his words, he's been wrong before. I've alrady hade his insight in the matter and he believes its nonsense. But it still makes me worried that the us and other country's are now "naked" when it comes to defending against Russias nuclear attacks and Russia is well protected. I like to thank you personally, your the one who sent me the link to debunking doomsday and it has really helped. There's a big following on Facebook with lost of people just like me who Robert helps daily.

Lencoboy
14-01-24, 15:45
I'm good friends with Robert walker, the man who runs the sight. As I do trust his words, he's been wrong before. I've alrady hade his insight in the matter and he believes its nonsense. But it still makes me worried that the us and other country's are now "naked" when it comes to defending against Russias nuclear attacks and Russia is well protected. I like to thank you personally, your the one who sent me the link to debunking doomsday and it has really helped. There's a big following on Facebook with lost of people just like me who Robert helps daily.

I don't think anyone is ever likely to be 100% correct with everything all of the time, but for the most part he seems quite an astute and knowledgeable guy, and also sounds like he has studied a fair amount on issues such as warfare, even though he and his site are probably not exactly the absolute 'gold standard' for answers regarding all of our 'doomsday'-related concerns.

ETA- My dad is currently watching Sky News and there's not currently any articles about the threat of nuke wipeouts by Russia.

They have been discussing stuff about the Houthi rebels in the Red Sea and Yemen and for those on here from the UK currently worried sick about said situation, Yemen is actually geograpically much further away from us than Iraq.

MyNameIsTerry
15-01-24, 01:12

They said that at the start of the war due to the special status Ukraine were awarded and later when multiple occasions we supplied weapons.

Still no war with us though.

You have to remember that everyone is talking about all possibility but that doesn't mean all are likely.

fma11122345
16-01-24, 14:45
Well, there was talk on skynews about how "war with russia is closer then most of us think." That can't be good, the article was by a well-known political scientist named Fabian hoffmann, he claimed we hade just 2-3 years to deter Russia or it will invaded nato countries starting off with a nuclear attack on one of the eastern Europe country's infrastructures, and nato will crumble as the west (the us) would not want to get involved in a nuclear war to stop them. Originally it pop up on skynews which I keep open to fallow the war, but since then its popped up other places. And can we talk about north korea? So much has happened with them since I've come on here last, and none of it good. Yesterday they scraped the idea of reunification with the south, which is very alarming. Our enemy's seem to be getting more and more brazing as the years go on. I hate to agree with the the uk minister of defense (I find him a blowhard) but I think he's right when he said we're no longer in a post war world any longer. Here's the article.

https://londonlovesbusiness.com/nato-closer-to-war-with-russia-than-the-west-realises-which-would-see-putin-extend-his-nuclear-umbrella/

Lencoboy
16-01-24, 17:16
Well, there was talk on skynews about how "war with russia is closer then most of us think." That can't be good, the article was by a well-known political scientist named Fabian hoffmann, he claimed we hade just 2-3 years to deter Russia or it will invaded nato countries starting off with a nuclear attack on one of the eastern Europe country's infrastructures, and nato will crumble as the west (the us) would not want to get involved in a nuclear war to stop them. Originally it pop up on skynews which I keep open to fallow the war, but since then its popped up other places. And can we talk about north korea? So much has happened with them since I've come on here last, and none of it good. Yesterday they scraped the idea of reunification with the south, which is very alarming. Our enemy's seem to be getting more and more brazing as the years go on. I hate to agree with the the uk minister of defense (I find him a blowhard) but I think he's right when he said we're no longer in a post war world any longer. Here's the article.

https://londonlovesbusiness.com/nato-closer-to-war-with-russia-than-the-west-realises-which-would-see-putin-extend-his-nuclear-umbrella/

Just one person's/outlet's opinion is hardly representative of the whole truth though, even though I'm not intentionally trivialising the situation.

Remember it's all hypothetical scenarios right now, and there's a difference between what 'might' happen and 'definitely will' happen.

Surely this would be getting far more mainstream media attention right now on both sides of the Atlantic if we were seriously on the brink of such nuclear Armageddon.

ATM it's still mostly about the Houthis in the Red Sea and Yemen in our media. My dad has been watching Sky News s fair bit today and from what I've seen/heard myself so far today, not a dickie bird about Putin/Russia and the risk of full-on global conflict.

Also this current thing with the Houthis is nothing to do with Putin/Russia either; said caliphate has been around since at least the 90s as well and didn't suddenly spring up out of nowhere like ISIS seemingly did about 10 years ago.

I also think you should try laying off the doomscrolling a bit, even though I know it's often easier said than done.

fishman65
17-01-24, 14:53
In my view the only way Russia would dare to take on the Nato bloc would be nuclear. I mean look at their progress in Ukraine with conventional warfare. Two years after attempting to invade and what have they achieved? And Putin won't go nuclear because he knows what that will entail. He's bad not mad.

MyNameIsTerry
19-01-24, 02:26
Political analysts can be on someone's payroll furthering their own agendas. 24/7 news gave them their gravy train and like celebs need to stay relevant.

MyNameIsTerry
19-01-24, 02:30
In my view the only way Russia would dare to take on the Nato bloc would be nuclear. I mean look at their progress in Ukraine with conventional warfare. Two years after attempting to invade and what have they achieved? And Putin won't go nuclear because he knows what that will entail. He's bad not mad.

And once he pushes too far his own people will oust him or a new leader will push him aside offering change.

The Soviet Union was once a big empire too. No more. And then we had all the media terror about ex states selling off nuclear tech to rogue countries or terrorists. How many years of anxiety waste was that for those looking back?

If the world was all fluffy we wouldn't have agencies and military to keep each other jostling quietly. Today things are nothing like 150 years ago where invasive & war were more common. Nuclear stopped a lot of it, and making money through trade.

fma11122345
20-01-24, 20:00
Sorry to bother you again, but did you see the high chief of the nato chair say we need to prepare for war? It was on sky news

Frosteh
21-01-24, 08:45
What you have been reading about war with Russia is 90% click bait BS. I've watched the twisting of words from the moment Steadfast Defender was announced and it's just gotten laughably stupid with the headlines similar to when covid first came about and how it will be the death of humanity. This isn't the case.

I'll try to keep this short and simple. Putin sees weakness as an opportunity and does not speak the same democratic language as the west, he only knows how to speak with force and the less noise you make about your military capability and readiness the more he sees you as a viable option. Putin is about creating fear and unease, it's the same as a playground bully. The more the bully sees you getting intimidated, the more he pushes for things, whereas if you stand up to him and show you're ready he will back down.

NATO has been pretty quiet about war but there is a time when you have to start piping up to show the opposition that they'll be starting something they don't want to get involved with. This speak is the only language Putin understands. It doesn't mean there will be war with him, it just sends a message. The quote "to stop war is to be prepared for war" is true and especially true with Russia.

Should we really prepare for war? No not really. Putin cannot afford to open an offensive on a NATO country. He knows as well as anyone a war with the west is a war he will lose partly due to the sheer overwhelming arsenal the west has. Nukes aren't even an option, they are only used as "big boy speak" because that's an easy way to make a country think twice, plus he would lose support from his "allies".

If you want to really understand Russia, checkout Dr. Jade McGlynn. She is a very competent woman who has studied Russia for a long time and gives very insightful and realistic information on Russia. The more you understand about Russia the more you'll laugh at the doom and gloom headlines.

fma11122345
21-01-24, 15:59
What you have been reading about war with Russia is 90% click bait BS. I've watched the twisting of words from the moment Steadfast Defender was announced and it's just gotten laughably stupid with the headlines similar to when covid first came about and how it will be the death of humanity. This isn't the case.

I'll try to keep this short and simple. Putin sees weakness as an opportunity and does not speak the same democratic language as the west, he only knows how to speak with force and the less noise you make about your military capability and readiness the more he sees you as a viable option. Putin is about creating fear and unease, it's the same as a playground bully. The more the bully sees you getting intimidated, the more he pushes for things, whereas if you stand up to him and show you're ready he will back down.

NATO has been pretty quiet about war but there is a time when you have to start piping up to show the opposition that they'll be starting something they don't want to get involved with. This speak is the only language Putin understands. It doesn't mean there will be war with him, it just sends a message. The quote "to stop war is to be prepared for war" is true and especially true with Russia.

Should we really prepare for war? No not really. Putin cannot afford to open an offensive on a NATO country. He knows as well as anyone a war with the west is a war he will lose partly due to the sheer overwhelming arsenal the west has. Nukes aren't even an option, they are only used as "big boy speak" because that's an easy way to make a country think twice, plus he would lose support from his "allies".

If you want to really understand Russia, checkout Dr. Jade McGlynn. She is a very competent woman who has studied Russia for a long time and gives very insightful and realistic information on Russia. The more you understand about Russia the more you'll laugh at the doom and gloom headlines.I'm always being told "nato is far stonger then Russia, they would never try and attack us openly." That may be ture if it was just Russia, but they now have Iran and North korea in thier back pocket. And who knows who else, it has me worried that steadfast defender might be a bad idea and get us all killed.

fishman65
21-01-24, 17:25

If you want to really understand Russia, checkout Dr. Jade McGlynn. She is a very competent woman who has studied Russia for a long time and gives very insightful and realistic information on Russia. The more you understand about Russia the more you'll laugh at the doom and gloom headlines.This is an excellent summary of Putin's Russia. He got where he is by being clever and ruthless. But crazy he isn't. I recommend reading this book...
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2020/may/06/putins-people-by-catherine-belton-review-a-groundbreaking-study-that-follows-the-money

fma11122345
24-01-24, 11:36
Now brits are getting called up to fight Russia in case ww3 brakes out? Are we all still so sure we're not on the brink of ww3? I have my doubts. Was all over sky news, there's going to be a warning from the head of the Military at some convention this afternoon.

Lencoboy
24-01-24, 19:05
Now brits are getting called up to fight Russia in case ww3 brakes out? Are we all still so sure we're not on the brink of ww3? I have my doubts. Was all over sky news, there's going to be a warning from the head of the Military at some convention this afternoon.

I saw a bit of it on Sky News with my dad, but he (my dad) reckons most of it is hypothetical 'whatiffery' especially ahead of the UK's forthcoming General Election, and it largely centres on the fact that the UK armed forces have been cut to the bone over the past decade or so in reference to the conscription stuff.

They didn't specifically state that a world war is definitely imminent though, nor did they actually say that Brits are getting called up to fight in Russia.

Also check out www.debunkingdoomsday.quora.com once again, as Robert has posted an interesting article on this current topic.

Frosteh
26-01-24, 20:27
We certainly are not getting called up and we certainly are not at direct war with Russia.

Russia beat the drums to cause fear and panic, they want to make themselves out to be the big bad tough guy to make people roll over and say "Sorry sir, please don't hurt us, take everything". By the west speaking up and making a loud noise over our security concerns, the increase in defence spending, the talk of conscription etc. is partly done because it's part of the game to make the opposition think, "actually, maybe they do mean business, let's not push it". It's no different than Putin's classic, "escalate to de-escalate" tactics he has done forever and a day.

Most people have zero idea or cares about other countries politics but once you start learning about their history and the people running it you'll soon realise that the majority of what you read and hear on both sides is just propaganda and sabre rattling. Nothing more, nothing less.

In regard to conscription it would only be voluntary to try and bolster our military.

Do yourself a favour and switch off from it for a bit, find something else to do to take your mind away from the overthinking of things that aren't happening.

Lencoboy
27-01-24, 09:24
We certainly are not getting called up and we certainly are not at direct war with Russia.

Russia beat the drums to cause fear and panic, they want to make themselves out to be the big bad tough guy to make people roll over and say "Sorry sir, please don't hurt us, take everything". By the west speaking up and making a loud noise over our security concerns, the increase in defence spending, the talk of conscription etc. is partly done because it's part of the game to make the opposition think, "actually, maybe they do mean business, let's not push it". It's no different than Putin's classic, "escalate to de-escalate" tactics he has done forever and a day.

Most people have zero idea or cares about other countries politics but once you start learning about their history and the people running it you'll soon realise that the majority of what you read and hear on both sides is just propaganda and sabre rattling. Nothing more, nothing less.

In regard to conscription it would only be voluntary to try and bolster our military.

Do yourself a favour and switch off from it for a bit, find something else to do to take your mind away from the overthinking of things that aren't happening.

Very wise words Frosteh.

Just a shame certain elements of our media have to keep hyping stuff up out of all proportion in order to make a few quid/gain clicks, at the expense of unnecessarily scaring many people witless!

I never forget all the lousy BS propaganda and endless media hype during the run-up to that date in December 2012 when the world was supposedly meant to come to an end, but absolutely naff all actually happened.

Pain
27-01-24, 11:34
... I never forget all the lousy BS propaganda and endless media hype during the run-up to that date in December 2012 when the world was supposedly meant to come to an end, but absolutely naff all actually happened.

Were you disappointed?