PDA

View Full Version : My daughter has anxiety - what to do?

Piano
21-10-23, 04:45
My 16 year old daughter has general anxiety and panic attacs. She recently quit school because of it. The situation is making me very nervous and anxious, and I am afraid it is making the situation worse. I would be very happy if I can get some advice about how to handle it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fishmanpa
21-10-23, 15:05
My daughter has had anxiety and depression since her young teens (she's 30 now). Her mother (we're divorced) and I made sure she got professional help. She's been through a lot with it through the years. Numerous med changes and combinations, mental hospitalization and setbacks, but we're always there to support her. She works hard and despite the backsteps and bad days, she has the tools and support to continue to move forward toward healing and I see that on a daily basis as she posts her journey on her FB page. Her husband is there for her as are we and she has embraced interests in natural healing, meditation and other methods and even teaches a class on it weekly with a friend and fellow sufferer. She's an accredited Self Love and Reiki coach.

Get her real life help as well as work on yourself so you can grow stronger with her.

FMP

Lencoboy
21-10-23, 19:00
Sounds very much like I was at that age, exactly 30 years ago.

And society generally seemed far less understanding back then.

Abiha123
27-10-23, 20:59
your daughter's well-being is the top priority. Continue to support her in seeking professional help and finding the right combination of strategies to manage her anxiety and panic attacks effectively.