PDA

View Full Version : im freaking out about antibiotics and what they could cause! i took them for 4 days

belal879
22-10-23, 06:58
i had tooth extraction/surgery with stitches and dentist described antibiotics i took only 9 pills every 12 hours and stopped

now im freaking out about gut health and cancers because good bacteria is gone!

im starting now to eat everything:
apples - banana - yogurt - wheat bran - and i will continue to do so and many other fruits and veggies daily - its actually my diet for years -

but am i okay for now? did i damage myself irreversibly?? i have upset stomach for 3 days now and it is scaring me

i stopped now as i also don't think its needed for tooth extraction also i already took it for 3 days its enough

Kitkat99
22-10-23, 08:19
They wouldn’t give them to people if they caused damage that easily.

You should really finish the course stopping them early can actually cause issues.

belal879
22-10-23, 08:42
They wouldn’t give them to people if they caused damage that easily.

You should really finish the course stopping them early can actually cause issues.

thank you so much

hmmm i stopped since it is already not necessary for tooth extraction as i read.. so i don't even have infection or bacteria to worry about in order for me to continue the course

i read also that usually 3,5,7 days are the usual course for mild antibiotics and i already did 3 days
total of moxiclav1g: amoxicillin 875 mg which is already high dose than 500mg along with clavulanic acid 125mg
total is 18 pills and i already took 9 pills for 3 days

am i making logical assessments here?

Kitkat99
22-10-23, 11:43
I would just follow what your dentist says not what Google says.

But ultimately it’s your choice.

belal879
23-10-23, 05:13
thank you so much 🙏

Lana
23-10-23, 16:02
I am not trying to cause any trouble here, but unnecessary antibiotics almost 8 years ago gave me C Diff. infection of the intestines from which it took me literally years to properly replenish my gut flora. I am not saying that would happen to you, but I do agree that prophylactic antibiotics , especially in dental cases like extractions, are medically proven to be overkill. This actually has been a common medical knowledge for some time now and responsible dentists give them only when there is a real danger of infection. This is easy to check. All the best to you bela1879.

Pkstracy
01-11-23, 22:59
Make sure you eat plain yogurt, with the antibiotics it can cause your gut flora to get out of wack.