PDA

View Full Version : Greetings :)

Littleleaf
25-10-23, 20:20
Hello from Leicester!

I am quite good at handling my mental health in general, but I am struggling with self esteem lately since gaining some weight and am anxious due to being stretched a bit thin since becoming a single parent. I just feel really unlovable. I like myself as a person I just do not really feel like anyone else will ever do so as well. I am not even sure if thats a bad thing. I am pretty happy alone but it seems like having more people in my life would be a good thing.

I do not have a lot of time for myself, due to life commitments and circumstances at the moment, so I am not sure where to start. I plan to lose the weight but it feels like a bad idea to focus on how I look more than how I feel. I am working on making friends and have been building my confidence in this area this year by going to a common interest club in my area. I have not made friends as such but I really enjoy it and get along with the people there well, I guess with time maybe it will turn into friendships, I am in no rush!

I do not feel attractive and really struggle with my self esteem and feelings of (ADHD)overwhelm can make things hard too.

But hey, it felt good to write all of that!

Nice to meet you all :)

.Poppy.
25-10-23, 20:25
Welcome!

I can empathize with pretty much everything you've written, but it sounds like you are on the right track with things!

venusbluejeans
25-10-23, 20:26
Hiya Littleleaf and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and
are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and
support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Carnation
25-10-23, 20:41
:welcome:

Littleleaf
25-10-23, 22:10
Thank you for your empathy and kind words!

missfishlash
07-11-23, 17:45
Welcome Littleleaf :) I'm from Leicester too funnily enough!
This forum is amazing, I don't post much but have found it very helpful over the years