PDA

View Full Version : SUCCESS EVEN WITH A PANIC ATTACK!!!

pips
18-02-05, 13:19
Hi All, :D

I have just been away for a couple of days with my Husband. (a christmas gift from him) to a Beautiful Health Spa called Ragdale Hall in Leicester.[8D] (Recommended by Nic! Thank you so much Nic!);)

Everything was wonderful. I enjoyed a range of treatments from Massages to Reiki. It was quite funny as although it was supposed to be a romantic break. I hardly saw my hubby James as we were both to busy being pampered by other people LOL [:O]

Anyway I had just finished dinner and I felt very very full.[Sigh...] Although the food was very healthy it was so filling and I had drunk so much water I had one glass left and was determined to finish the water. This i think pushed me over the edge [V] I suffer with IBS and bloating anyway so feeling like this didn't help at all! [No] [:P]

I returnned to my room and immediately started feeling very panicky. I felt sick I was hyperventalating I had prickly sensations all over my body. You name it I felt it LOL! The most scary sensation of all was the fact it was so much like my very first Panic Attack I ever had :( I don't know about everybody else? but I do tend to find the panic and anxiety quite different at times some being more intense etc...

The good news is that I sat through the panic. I told myself over and over. It can't be as bad as the first one I understand and know so much more about it now so basically get lost and leave me alone. With some POSITIVE THINKING and doing that the symptons eased. Although it still left me feling a bit anxious and shakey. I took myself off into distraction mode and went for a swim which really helped!

The next day I felt angry about it happening especially with being in such a beautiful and relaxing place. I felt like I was back to square 1[Duh!] Then I though no hold on I delt with it and i didn't run away so that's good. I also think it isn't a bad thing if you do have a blip as it makes you stonger and if you didn't have anything at all. You might become complacent with it. As everybody suffers anxieties thats only natural!

For the first time I felt dissapointed about coming home as well. I felt all down and miserable. That was good though if that makes sense[Duh!] As normally when I do go away from the first day i'm thinking is it over yet! Can I go home now. Which is bonkers LOL!

Anyway sorry for the waffle! I just wanted to let you know there is HOPE![Yes!];)

Take Good Care All :)

Love PIP'S XX [:X]

seh1980
18-02-05, 14:39
hello Pips,

Well done!! You ran into difficulty and you coped brilliantly. There IS hope after all!!

Sarah :D

Meg
18-02-05, 15:01
Pip ,

Wonderful news ..

You did great and you're so right- dealing well with a blip shows you how far you've come.

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

vernon
18-02-05, 15:05
hiya pips, thats great you did realy good and I am so glad u had a nice time. I know what u mean about being sad comming home that shows u r getting better and not wanting to run home again? You had a setback and controlled it fully and dint let it bother you thats so good becouse i agree with you without setbacks we wouldnt learn to control our anxietys. Take Care and am happy for you, Vernon

Karen
18-02-05, 15:06
Well done Pip. You coped really well.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

FAN
18-02-05, 15:16
well done for getting through it glad you had a nice time

fan x

lainey
18-02-05, 15:43
Well done Pips for coping so magnificently.

Glad you had a nice time

Elaine x

pips
18-02-05, 18:08
Thanks so very much Sarah, Meg, Vernon, Karen Fan and Elaine! Your kind words are most appreciated.

We all have the strength in us it's just recognizing it and putting into practice. Plus being sufferers it can be even harder for us to do this. So we must be more strong than an extra strong mint! LOL

Take Care and Thanks Again,

Love PIP'S XX XX

nomorepanic
18-02-05, 19:40
Pips

I am so pleased you went. Isn't it such a lovely place[Yeah!] I am back there again in June for my usual Rosemary Conley week so I can't wait.

Isn't the food lovely as well - I lost 4lbs last year cos it is all so healthy and filling like you say.

You did so well to cope with the panic but I may have a reason for it.[?]
You say you did Reiki - that made me feel quite grotty afterwards so it could have been that partly as well. How was it and did you benefit from it atall.

Also some people complain of dizziness and headaches after some of the head massages cos they use oils - did you have one of those atall.

I do hope you got to do some of the exercise classes too![:P]

I am so pleased you went and glad you loved it. I never want to come home either when I go there.

Well done mate - you did yourself proud!:)

Nicola

pips
19-02-05, 12:53
Hi Nic,

Thanks for your kind words mate.

The treatment I did was called the Charka Journey which included the Reiki this is what it entailed

Chraka Devised by Ragdale's natural therapist's, the Chakra Journey offers a new height of relaxation and fulfilment. The therapy combines Reiki and champissage techniques with the unique power of the Wave Translator. Over an hour of harmony , a joyful experience - enjoy the journey.

It was very unusual although I was awake through it all I kept drifting off it was a bit like I was hypnotised. Afterwards the therapist said at first my head was vibrating so much (although I couldn't feel it) he didn't know what to do! Luckily by the end of the treatment it had calmed down thank goodnesss. Perhaps it was Mr Panic in there being electrocuted! LOL So you never know perhaps that was part of the cause of the panic later on? I keep telling myself I have benefited from it all though.

Yes I did feel a little dizzy at times but I have recently been diagnosed by my G.P with high blood preasure. Although it's not so high I need meds yet! LOL so that could be why?

The only exersice class I got to do unfortunately as we only had 1 full day there as it took us 5 hrs travelling each time the other 2 days. Was the body max I wasn't sure what that was but now I know I think I will give that a miss in the future!. I love areobics but this was all weights. You had to make all your muscles fail! What fun hey! Mine failed alright! LOL I wish I got to do more classes though!

Well done for losing the weight! One thing I had done there was a Body Composition Test it entailed:

The Body Composition Test is a simple test that can help determine how many calories your body requires to lose, maintain or gain weight. It also provides valuable information on your body's make-up, i.e. muscle weight, water content, fat content. The healthy eating plan can give added assistance in structuring a sensible and easy to follow diet which can be tailor made to your body composition tests results.

It was really interesting and I can eat more then 100 cals LOL Horay! So I am going to try there healthy eating plan and see how it goes?

There were still so many treatments I wanted to try funny enough. The bank balance didn't though!LOL

Anyway I could waffle on all day about the place it's so fab!

I hope you have a Fab time in June mate. I will be thinking of you!

Take Care,

Love PIP'S XX XX

nomorepanic
19-02-05, 18:58
Pips

I may try the body composition test and I know about the Chakra one but haven't done it. I usually do the Hypnotherpay whilst there.

I did the body pump class too. It was quite hard but I don't mind doing weights so that was cool.

I am looking forward to it but I know what you mean about the bank balance. I spent far too much last year but I save up all year for it so it doesn't hurt too much when I come to pay the bill! You can get carried away in the beauty shop too cos I love Clarins!!

Glad it went well - hopefully James will take you again soon!

Nicola

pips
21-02-05, 11:57
Hi Nic thanks for message.

Yep I got caught up in the that beauty shop to! LOL.

I'm already dropping subtle hints to James. Like take me back there PLEASSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEE!! LOL

Take Care Mate,

Love PIP'S XX

jo-jo
21-02-05, 12:02
Hey Pips!

Well done you for coping so fantastically with your blip and even seeing the positive side of it, good on you!

The treatments you had sound absolutely wonderful and I'm totally jealous but so pleased that you had a great time and enjoyed all that lovely pampering!

Best wishes
Jo xx

"courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear"

pips
22-02-05, 15:55
Thank you so much Jo for your kind words.

Yep it was definately lovely and worth every penny!

I hope you are keeping well.

Take care,

Love PIP'S XX