PDA

View Full Version : Carotid Artery Neck Dissection

MrLurcher
24-11-23, 18:11
It's been a while since I posted about a new worry on here. But I was walking through a shop earlier and I turned to look at a shelf, and felt a twinge of tightness and pain in the side of my neck - midway down the neck, just behind the line of where my ear is. The pain radiated slightly down towards my collar/shoulder area. I had to drop my items and leave the shop in panic. Felt sick and lightheaded.

The pain and twinges lasted around 5 minutes, but feels ok now. However I'm in a panic about carotid neck dissection, as I've read about it before. The side of my neck still feels a bit tight and sore, just not right in general.

I'm fighting the urge to go down A&E, but I don't think I can handle this uncertainty, it's a matter of life or death.

Fishmanpa
24-11-23, 18:25
You wouldn't be here asking for reassurance if that actually happened.

FMP

MrLurcher
24-11-23, 18:29
You wouldn't be here asking for reassurance if that actually happened.

FMP

I've read online that you can go days with a tear before medical treatment.

Fishmanpa
25-11-23, 12:35
I've read online.....

Of course you did :lac: If you're that concerned, get it checked out even though you're Ok now ('Told Ya So Gang' on standby :whistles:)

FMP

MrLurcher
28-11-23, 18:39
Thought I'd update just for politeness that nothing came of this worry last Friday, I'm all good. Hopefully just another HA blip.