PDA

View Full Version : Extreme Anxiety over supraclavicular lymph nodes

Ghoulbath
29-11-23, 18:47
Hey all. Long time HA sufferer here. I’ve been using these forums for months (lurking not posting) and they’ve really been super helpful.

I’ve been down a terrible spiral lately. Started with colon cancer fears over the summer for 5 months until my recent clear colonoscopy.

Had a few days of relief and decided you know what? I don’t know how to function without being worried sick with HA so let’s find something else! (I hate my brain)

Upon poking and prodding I found a small bump on my collarbone which moves a lot like some sort of muscle and is not behind or below the bone itself but actually on it. Even though this doesn’t seem to be a lymph node I’ve convinced myself it is and spent days digging and poking to the point now that muscle is swollen and I can’t be satisfied that it isn’t a lymph node.

I need to break this cycle and I am blatantly reassurance seeking here after the walk in clinic said it was nothing but left me unsatisfied. Any help is appreciated. Thank you very much

Fishmanpa
29-11-23, 19:24
I don't think you're seeking reassurance as you know full well it's your HA that is causing the obsessive checking behaviors and subsequent negative thoughts. This is more about how to break out of that dragon feeding cycle. I know I may sound like a broken record but check out the link in my signature. Download the PDFs, read through them. You just may find a technique and way to quell the negative behaviors and thoughts. Of course it takes effort and practice but what do you have to lose? I've personally used some of those techniques in my recovery from 'scanxiety' after my cancer and many are useful and practical in everyday life experiences (work, relationships etc.).

FMP

Ghoulbath
29-11-23, 20:17
Thank you very much for the reply. I will read for sure. Open to anything

Stressed32
04-02-24, 20:13
If you have to poke and prod to find a lymph node then it is not a cancerous one. There is a member here who actually had this kind of cancer and his nodes were the size of GOLF BALLS! You can't miss cancer nodes and do not have to go hunting for them. Now stop doing this because pushing around on them can make them a little bigger

katniss
05-02-24, 05:16
You’ve gotten some good responses! I want to add that I had my left collarbone node swell up in response to the flu vaccine about 4-5 years ago. Although the swelling went down, the node remains larger than normal. It swells up more whenever I get my yearly vaccine or Covid vaccine. So even if it is a node, it’s not all doom and gloom.

Did you get a vaccine recently? Or any insect bites or rashes near arm or chest? Recent tattoos? Lots of benign reasons