PDA

View Full Version : Biopsy Today :'(

always scared
01-12-23, 00:37
I went and got a pap smear and uterine biopsy today at my OB appointment . Now I am terrified waiting for the results. God help me I'm going to go crazy with fear and fall into a deep rabbit hole waiting.
I have convinced myself I have cancer https://static.xx.fbcdn.net/images/emoji.php/v9/t67/1.5/16/1f622.png

BlueIris
01-12-23, 04:30
Sending hopeful thoughts your way xx

always scared
02-12-23, 04:09
Sending hopeful thoughts your way xx

Thank you BlueIris :hugs:

How come this board seems so dead lately? It use to be so busy and helpful. Where did everyone go?:weep:

BlueIris
02-12-23, 04:28
I think a lot of the regulars got hurt and frustrated, to be honest.

alpacagirl
02-12-23, 10:26
Waiting for results is the worst :weep:. Hang in there and try to distract yourself. ( although I am hopeless at doing that myself! I always imagine the worst and then am pleasantly surprised when I get the "everything is normal" result and wonder why I always put myself through the mental torture while I'm waiting :wacko:).

serith
02-12-23, 18:13
Why did you get a uterine biopsy in the first place?

always scared
05-12-23, 18:32
Why did you get a uterine biopsy in the first place?

I got the biopsy because I'm 57 and I'm still having periods but now I'm going months without one and I've been just spotting instead :weep:

SamanthaAU
06-12-23, 02:08
How come Blue Iris?

I have noticed how quiet it is, I can't even get a reply.

BlueIris
06-12-23, 05:26
Because people with HA are difficult, AS - I should know, I'm one.

Folks show up, dump their terror and worry on people who by definition already have anxieties of their own, then vanish until the next worry shows up.

Or there are others who are in a constant state of upset and dismiss any advice from people who've been there and are at least partly out the other side.

It hurts, it's thankless and in some cases it's way above the pay grade of anybody who isn't a trained professional, which few to none of us are.

If you want it to change, be the change yourself - stick around and help out where you can.

Not trying to be mean - in your situation I'd be in bits too - just trying to offer some insight.

swajj
06-12-23, 09:48
It is very quiet compared to how it used to be. I think blueiris summed it up pretty well. I would add that if someone has gone to the trouble of offering advice then it should be acknowledged by the person seeking advice. Having health anxiety doesn’t excuse bad manners.

swajj
06-12-23, 09:52
I hope you get your biopsy results soon. Waiting is the hardest part.

always scared
10-12-23, 05:10
I hope you get your biopsy results soon. Waiting is the hardest part.

Thank you swajj:hugs:I'm so terrified of the results. Just the word biopsy terrifies me to the core. Biopsy always means CANCER in my head so I'm fearing the worst :weep: