PDA

View Full Version : “Vision” rushing when closing eyes to sleep

Anglo
01-12-23, 16:07
I’ve been sleeping at unusual times recently and, despite getting plenty of hours in, I feel tired and without energy most of the time.

I woke up earlier and decided to get an extra half an hour because I was still so tired. When I closed my eyes, all I could “see” were these intense, rushing patterns, squiggles, blocks of light. It felt like my mind was rushing but with my vision and only when I closed my eyes.

I have the usual dancing colours and unusual patterns, this wasn’t that. This was like nothing I’ve had before.

I tried my best to ignore it and tell myself I’m just anxious and I haven’t had a lot of sleep last night, but each time I’d try and keep myself calm and close my eyes, I’d get these rushing lines behind my eyelids. It was extremely overwhelming and intense and I couldn’t ignore it or think about something else no matter how hard I tried.

After a few times I gave up and got up, but now I’m worried about trying to sleep again tonight or if it keeps happening. It’s certainly overwhelming enough to make it hard to ignore. It’s almost like trying to sleep whilst at a rave (minus the music).