PDA

View Full Version : Sensitive in mind And body?

Bill
30-11-07, 01:37
I'm just curious. I know I'm a sensitive person but my physical body is just as sensitive! I used to get bad eczema and sometimes still do but I'm also an allergy sufferer. I just wondered if there's a mind/body sensitivity connection somehow or whether the link is just down to stress?

Does anyone else suffer in the same way?

Also, I've got an inhaler and use allergy tablets but I'd be interested to hear what others are allergic to and how they cope with their allergy symptoms? :shrug:

Thank you. I just get so fed up with coughing especially during the winter months!....and yes, we have a cat and dog!:lac:

littlemiss_sunshine
30-11-07, 23:22
since i was a kid, i was the 'coper' when it came to dealing with things. in time it made me stronger. but whilst growing up, iv realised with the illnesses that had contributed from stress, i feel more fragile and vulnerable. my body's immunity doesnt respond well to the typical cold/flu. when iv 'recovered' from a cold, i end up getting another one soon after.
sam x

Gryphoenix
01-12-07, 02:27
I've definetly got worse allergies once I started getting anx. and PA. I've always had allergies and I've had really sensitive skin ever since I was a tot. (Allergic to certain metals in necklaces, breaking out easy, etc.) I once got allergic to a type of crayon!

I don't use any medicine and just trudge through my stuffy days. I get really fed up with it too but I don't like taking stuff for it so I just put up with it.

tonkaboy
01-12-07, 08:44
Hi Bill,

Do you work the night shift by any chance? I always look forward to seeing what you've posted during the night.

I get dry skin around my face when I'm stressed. I associated it with anxiety but I don't know if there is any real connection. Is it just I see and feel the dry skin and then anticipate feeling anxious and hey presto - I feel anxious!:wacko: :wacko:

Keep them thoughts coming.

Cheers

A

Bill
02-12-07, 02:14
Hello A,

Night shift is here!:D Thanks for the laugh! Well, at least I give you something to look forward to for the early morning:D ....perhaps!

I did hear that if someone works in a dusty environment for years that it can cause allergies later but it was only something I heard.

Maybe the sensitive connection is really just down to stress.:shrug: