PDA

View Full Version : Insomnia fear please help

Sunnyhoney86
05-12-23, 14:18
I’ve got terrible insomnia for the last 2 weeks & im so scared. Some nights I’m getting 0 sleep and others 2/3 hours of broken sleep. I’m exhausted & have heart issues going on from long covid which the lack of sleep is exacerbating.

I suffered from a bout of insomnia last year for the 1st time (not this bad) and came on here and seen a scary post that someone had commented they were on a “Physc ward”
Because of lack of sleep & it is all I can think
About and I’m terrified. I have so much anxiety that I’ll end up on a physc ward that I can not sleep 😣 wish I’d never seen the post. I’m actually terrified. I’ve been prescribed Phenegran but I’m scared to take these because of my heart issues and I do get breathing issues some
Nights. I don’t know what to do. I feel so scared & in such a bad place i can’t see a way out of this. This month I’ve had no more than 8 hours sleep 😭

Any positive experiences or help please? Please no scary stories.

Very tired & very anxious 😢

Catkins
06-12-23, 05:36
I go through periods of insomnia when I'm anxious and as soon as my anxiety settles down I can start sleeping. I've used phenegren before and it really helped me.

Try not to worry, stick to a bedtime routine, try the medication and if there's no improvement speak to your GP again.