PDA

View Full Version : Food poisoning

zippy
14-12-23, 10:52
I've had diarrhea for over 3 weeks and got results back that I have food poisoning. I had visible blood first week and now microscopic blood. They want me to have a colonoscopy. I'm petrified its c. Dr said the bloods probably with the food poisoning but he's checking me out to be 100% sure. I'm beside myself with worry.

zippy
15-12-23, 12:47
Nobody ?

.Poppy.
15-12-23, 14:47
I'm sorry, I read your post yesterday but wasn't sure how to respond. I think it's very likely that your diagnosis is exactly what they say it is - food poisoning, but even though it is scary I think it's great that they are on top of it and are covering their bases. Will you be able to have it soon?

Carnation
16-12-23, 10:25
I also was not sure how to respond.
The main thing is you are being seen by a doctor and you really need an explanation for peace of mind. Be strong, you can get through this. :hugs:

Fishmanpa
16-12-23, 19:46
The tests have shown what is the cause but post histories here show that CYA (cover your arse) medicine causes additional stress and anxiety to HA sufferers. In the time I've been here, I can count on one hand where something sinister was discovered during these types of tests. And of those members, all were treated and recovered. The other positive is that while they faced their worst fears, their anxiety took a back seat and has stayed there ever since.

FMP